blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:40:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Brittania Parking fine
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brittania Parking fine  (Read 8428 times)
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2017, 07:15:33 PM »

I remember a thread a while back on similar issues. I received a 'penalty charge notice' from this company in a Waitrose car park. Few websites and my research says to just ignore it and they will give up as they have no powers to do anything apart from initially chase it.
Anyone have any experience with them?

Help much appreciated

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 07:20:36 PM »

I am running so good I shop at Waitrose

Coffee and/or newspaper?
If it is your only choice, do you pick up the daily mail?
Free range or corn fed chicken?
Is the Heston range worth the money?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 07:24:10 PM »

I am running so good I shop at Waitrose

Coffee and/or newspaper?
If it is your only choice, do you pick up the daily mail?
Free range or corn fed chicken?
Is the Heston range worth the money?

Haha inwasnt shopping. Parked there for work!

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 07:26:08 PM »

I am running so good I park in a private car park at Waitrose and don't even bother shopping there.

Guessing your time is worth more than the money. Flick it in.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 08:38:19 PM »

Ultimately it depends on whether you feel comfortable being harassed every few weeks with threats of bailiffs and solicitors letters about CCJs and how they recently won a case. Personally I wouldn't and never have give in to these lowlife scumbags.

Ah! The element of surprise
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 08:49:09 PM »

Ultimately it depends on whether you feel comfortable being harassed every few weeks with threats of bailiffs and solicitors letters about CCJs and how they recently won a case. Personally I wouldn't and never have give in to these lowlife scumbags.

They drop it after a while/ ever had any ill affects from it?

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 09:08:53 PM »

What will you do if they don't drop it and you run up tonnes in costs?

There's a website for fighting parking fines, pepopo or something like that.

Didn't Alex have a similar problem?

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2017, 09:10:38 PM »

Nothing has ever come of one of these for me. The furthest it ever got was with the solicitors letters and every time it stopped after the second letter.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2017, 09:11:45 PM »

Nothing has ever come of one of these for me. The furthest it ever got was with the solicitors letters and every time it stopped after the second letter.

What's your sample size?  Are you a serial fine merchant in these spots?  I had one in a super market last week and nearly went down the non payment route.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2017, 09:56:27 PM »

What's your sample size?  Are you a serial fine merchant in these spots?  I had one in a super market last week and nearly went down the non payment route.

Over the last 6 or 7 years I have had approximately 11 of these with the last one being just over 12 months ago. I have never intentionally parked and not paid, I have however gone over the time allowance for the majority of these and think the fine is well over the top.

My daughter is currently on her 6th letter from one of these companies, after initially trying to fine her £140 and then £200 they passed the debt on to another firm and reduced the amount to £80. She's not going to pay though.

Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2017, 10:14:10 PM »

Think there are some letter response templates on MSE website. I think latest advice is to not just ignore it as they will probably keep chasing but to write back explaining you feel the charge isn't representative or fair, that they have no legal powers of prosecution and you have no intention of paying the bill they have sent you (it isn't a fine)

Worth a few hours googling
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2017, 10:23:23 PM »

I had a decent bit of back and forth with mine from May 2015 but haven't heard anything for 6-12months. But I did not just ignore it no. There's a thread here somewhere called Parking Fine or something if you wanna dig it out.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2017, 10:41:32 PM »

The only legally enforceable parking fines are issued on behalf of the council. This does not appear to be one of them.

A few years ago I received a fine from a train station car park because the machine wouldn't take an over payment for the amount. I did reply with a letter stating that I tried to pay it but they sent a few back declining and pursuing higher figures. I just ignored them and they stopped very soon after.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2017, 11:50:14 PM »

The police can also fine you but will be for violations on a public road not on private land.

All of these private parking companies should eff off!  I find it remarkable as well that they get your details from somewhere. Its not like you leave your name and address on your windscreen so there is a 3rd party involved selling your details on, which is probably the DVLA. Its one big scam.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2017, 12:04:11 AM »

I mean it's not a scam is it.

The company have presumably purchased the land for the purposes of renting out car park spaces. Assuming that is a legal business, I don't call that a scam.

Their fines may not be legally enforceable but that doesn't make their business a scam in my book.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: