blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:34:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Crumbs
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crumbs  (Read 4808 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: February 21, 2017, 06:09:45 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/feb/21/sutton-united-wayne-shaw-fa-betting-rules

The older I get, the better I was.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 06:48:26 PM »

a fairly soulless publicity stunt that overshadowed the evening a bit

some of the reaction today though? Po-faced, to say the least

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 07:12:54 PM »

He's a 45 year old backup keeper playing in the national league. He probably made more last night from the sun paying him to do it than playing for years for them. As well as the publicity today as well.

He made his team look like a bunch of twats and the whole league look like you just have to turn up to play in it. It's not a pub league on a Sunday, people work hard to get to that level.

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/the-magic-of-the-cup-is-paying-a-man-to-eat-pie-on-television-for-money/114058 I quite liked that article on it

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 07:16:12 PM »

He's a 45 year old backup keeper playing in the national league. He probably made more last night from the sun paying him to do it than playing for years for them. As well as the publicity today as well.

He made his team look like a bunch of twats and the whole league look like you just have to turn up to play in it. It's not a pub league on a Sunday, people work hard to get to that level.

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/the-magic-of-the-cup-is-paying-a-man-to-eat-pie-on-television-for-money/114058 I quite liked that article on it

Only thing missing was the Wealdstone raider.  Has he retired now?
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 07:24:03 PM »

How has it damaged the image of the league or the team?

He's a 46 year old 23 stone bloke. Who's looking at him thinking he's an inspirational figure for football youngsters? Sutton have continued to employ him despite his obvious flaws for however long he's been there. They haven't had an image concern about it, at least enough to part ways.

Sunbets mocked him by putting a "Will the fatty eat a pie?" market. He called their bluff. Whether it's coordinated, whether he's made money from it or whether they've laid out 5 figures, making it out that it's somehow damaged the image of anything is absurd.

Team looked fit, sharp and well organised yesterday. He probably took some notes about how to drift along and make a fortune from the away dressing room.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 07:32:48 PM »

He's a 46 year old 23 stone bloke. Who's looking at him thinking he's an inspirational figure for football youngsters? Sutton have continued to employ him despite his obvious flaws for however long he's been there. They haven't had an image concern about it, at least enough to part ways.

Sunbets mocked him by putting a "Will the fatty eat a pie?" market. He called their bluff. Whether it's coordinated, whether he's made money from it or whether they've laid out 5 figures, making it out that it's somehow damaged the image of anything is absurd.

Team looked fit, sharp and well organised yesterday. He probably took some notes about how to drift along and make a fortune from the away dressing room.

And all anyone today has talked about is a fat bloke eating a pie. Hardly a mention of an admirable performance from the team. There's lads who train hard to get to national league level. The majority of the country now thinks that you just have to turn up and you're in a team, and that eating pies on the bench is fine. (Well maybe not that last bit because he's not a keeper any more...) Fair point that they continued to employ him so he obviously did something for the team, but it's made them all look like a pub team

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 07:35:41 PM »

And all anyone today has talked about is a fat bloke eating a pie. Hardly a mention of an admirable performance from the team. There's lads who train hard to get to national league level. The majority of the country now thinks that you just have to turn up and you're in a team, and that eating pies on the bench is fine. (Well maybe not that last bit because he's not a keeper any more...) Fair point that they continued to employ him so he obviously did something for the team, but it's made them all look like a pub team who arsenal only just beat 2-0.

FYP

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 07:57:13 PM »

Can you imagine the response if you called them up and wanted £500 on the pie-prop?

Five-figure sum my arse.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 08:07:57 PM »

Fat man eats pie shocker. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I would never of believed it.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2017, 08:49:02 PM »

so we know know the answer to the much asked from the terraces, "wayne shaw ate all the pies"

FFS it would be much better for all the tax payers in the country if wayne was banned from the pie shop not the football field 

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2017, 09:02:54 PM »

If anyone was open to the suggestion that the 45 year old 23 stone backup keepers eating habits in the last 10 minutes when all the subs have been used as a barometer for athletic ability then they didn't have a clue before and they don't have a clue now. I don't really see the problem.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2017, 09:15:18 PM »

It gave me some amusement, not as much as the  BBC team mind - they fair wet their pants. That amused me too.

sola virtus nobilitat
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2017, 09:18:33 PM »

gamble responsibly
Tonibell

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2017, 10:50:17 PM »

When the bun stops, stop.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2017, 11:52:50 PM »

gamble responsibly

That's the annoying thing, the fat bloke is being made out to be the news in all this with the gambling commission investigating betting irregularities - what about some shite newspaper's bookmakers offering odds on the fat bloke eating a pie during the match?  They should be investigated.

I'm guessing the big guy knew what he was doing and whilst it's "all a laugh" it's a sad way to bow out of your footballing career.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: