blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:31:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Question on using a Kodi box
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question on using a Kodi box  (Read 8368 times)
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2017, 12:25:44 AM »

Best thing to do when buying an android box is to wipe everything off kodi. Dont pay extra for a pre loaded box. It's best to have as little amount of addons as you can.

There's a youtube video explaining how to get pretty much every addon and it shows you the exact step by step. Just follow and it only takes a couple of minutes.

I have 2 addons on my kodi. One is exodus for TV and film, and one is sportsmania which I pay 50 quid for the year and it has pretty much every sports channel in the world and every sporting event and works perfectly about 99% of the time.

I personally wouldn't bother trying to stream live sports on a free addon because they are so hit and miss.
marcro

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2017, 04:01:49 PM »

I agree with not buying a preloaded box since they will come with a lot of junk. 

I use an Amazon Firestick and installed Kodi by following these instructions:

http://troypoint.com/how-to-install-kodi-on-fire-tv/

All you need is Exodus and Sportsmania to meet all of your viewing needs.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2017, 06:01:51 PM »

The next generation Firesticks are going to have alexa installed so when you click on kodi

"I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that.  I think you know why, Dave"

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2017, 09:20:13 PM »

The next generation Firesticks are going to have alexa installed so when you click on kodi

"I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that.  I think you know why, Dave"

"Your my wife now Dave"

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2017, 09:42:52 AM »

As a few people were asking general questions. I bought a pre loaded firestick and have watched a couple of things through Exodus with no issue. Some unwanted extras in terms of a XXX section as part of the main menu (yes, true, unwanted) and a ton of other stuff I'll never use I'm sure

Have since subscribed and added Sportsmania/Nation - pretty surprised by the quality and made me wish I had simply bought the stick or an Android box as it was pretty easy.

sola virtus nobilitat
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2017, 09:50:22 AM »

If you install Ares Wizard, you can explore lots of different builds installing and uninstalling with ease.  There's plenty of options without XXX on them too.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2017, 09:54:43 AM »

If you install Ares Wizard, you can explore lots of different builds installing and uninstalling with ease.  There's plenty of options without XXX on them too.

Aah, I'll have a go at that.

Think the biggest culture shift for me will be switching from watching a bunch of stuff on my laptop to watching on the TV - aah, the good old days :-)

sola virtus nobilitat
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2017, 09:59:47 AM »

There's a great multi part (10, I think) series on CBS being aired on Sky Arts which is called "The Eighties".

Along came the Walkman, & the VCR, & from that day on, the world changed as to how we listen to music on the move, & TV.

I'm still missing my VCR, but now we have Firesticks (what they?), Kodi's & Lord knows what else, & even the aged nirvana seems to know how to use them.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2017, 10:29:10 AM »

There's a great multi part (10, I think) series on CBS being aired on Sky Arts which is called "The Eighties".

Along came the Walkman, & the VCR, & from that day on, the world changed as to how we listen to music on the move, & TV.

I'm still missing my VCR, but now we have Firesticks (what they?), Kodi's & Lord knows what else, & even the aged nirvana seems to know how to use them.

I've watched a few of those and the rate of change could be quite intimidating to some old people. I surf atop the maelstrom and find it quite easy to drop in and take the bits I want.

Speaking of change and documentaries - I think they're a few years old but there's been a recent re-run of a few docs on the jet age on BBC4.

Quite interesting the general rate of change and then the relative lack of change in say jet fighters over 40-50 years. Yah, they will be way more efficient now, more manoeuverable and a whole bunch of other improvements but the basic element of get very high very quickly and then belt along at 1000 mph + hasn't changed a great deal. Likewise with a passenger jet like concord.

Actually it's probably a silly point as the rate of improvements is still pretty staggering. Maybe the point is just to tip ones hat to the pioneers of some of these technologies - when you consider the lack of computing power at the time these things were invented, designed, manufactured, it's pretty incredible how advanced some stuff was back in the late 50's 60s'

sola virtus nobilitat
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2017, 10:36:34 AM »

Ha, love this;

I surf atop the maelstrom

I'm more of a bottom-feeder, a plecostomus maybe.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2017, 12:05:15 PM »

Ha, love this;

I surf atop the maelstrom

I'm more of a bottom-feeder, a plecostomus maybe.

As I was reading Nirv's piece that phrase jumped out at me and I decided to highlight it. I was staggered to find you had beaten me to it.

The older I get, the better I was.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2017, 10:36:34 AM »

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1862/premier-league/2017/03/11/33540752/kodi-box-does-a-new-ban-mean-the-end-of-illegal-live

Looks like the big players are determined to keep their profits high!!

Is this the end for cheap football and possibly films?

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2017, 07:33:18 PM »

i thought i had a VPN on my machine but got an email from sky telling me i had illegally downloaded homeland

just one of many things i have downloaded but scary that even with the VPN on that they know this

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2017, 07:38:22 PM »

i thought i had a VPN on my machine but got an email from sky telling me i had illegally downloaded homeland

just one of many things i have downloaded but scary that even with the VPN on that they know this

Isn't homeland on /All4 for free?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2017, 07:40:18 PM »

Isn't homeland on /All4 for free?

nope just the last few episodes they only have 28 day licences for each episode

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: