blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:34:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Fit blondes in Vegas
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fit blondes in Vegas  (Read 3629 times)
Claw75

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2017, 02:32:40 AM »

So, it's the Las Vegas Rock n Roll marathon on the weekend of 11/12th November.  Having not done any running for a good couple of years and having piled on about 3 stone I'm very tempted by this as an incentive to get fit again.  Have tried drumming up some interest on facebook but my enthusiasm does not seem to be contagious!

Thought I'd have a go on here and see if we can replicate the success of the Fit blondes in Berlin five years ago.

http://www.runrocknroll.com/las-vegas/

Who's in??

Click to see full-size image.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 09:14:25 AM »

Blimey Claire, that'd be a step too far for me. A lot of steps too far.

Hope it works out for you though. Gill looked at doing it the year before last, & it all looked great fun, but then she injured her back & had to quit jogging.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 01:46:13 PM »

I could probably drive it... Just!

Hope you get a few together for it. Would be an epic post-race party Smiley

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 11:05:18 PM »

half marathon, 10k and 5k races also taking place for the less hardcore!

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 11:07:25 PM »

Hope it works out for you though. Gill looked at doing it the year before last, & it all looked great fun, but then she injured her back & had to quit jogging.

aw that's a shame - I actually found taking up running  helped my back problems no end, but presumably different issues.  I hope Gill has found some other form of exercise to replace it.  I don't do a lot, but would be mightily peed off if the decision *whether* or not to get off my bum was taken out of my hands

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 10:26:09 AM »

Cool diary Claw bird.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 10:41:46 AM »

aw that's a shame - I actually found taking up running  helped my back problems no end, but presumably different issues.  I hope Gill has found some other form of exercise to replace it.  I don't do a lot, but would be mightily peed off if the decision *whether* or not to get off my bum was taken out of my hands

It was a huge shame, Claire. It became a central part of her life, out jogging 6 or 8 miles 4 or 5 nights a week, & she took part in about 6 organised runs. I went with her to each run to support her, & organised a little Trophy each time. She was very slow, but no matter. It was the first "competitive" thing she had ever done as an adult & she adored it.

She has a history of back problems though & she started getting bad back pain & numbness in her limbs. Went to see countless Medics, Consultants, Hospital visits, scans etc.

It was concluded that it was an "impact" sport, & her back was not up to it. She was pretty down about it tbh.

Next thing I knew, she had taken up swimming, & now swims between 1 & 2 miles 4 or 5 nights a week. No "impact" with swimming, of course. She even swum in Hampton Outdoor Pool on Xmas Day.

Like me, she struggles with her weight, so it's perfect for her really.   

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 10:46:05 AM »

Matt's going to be so disappointed when he opens this....
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 01:25:20 PM »

It was a huge shame, Claire. It became a central part of her life, out jogging 6 or 8 miles 4 or 5 nights a week, & she took part in about 6 organised runs. I went with her to each run to support her, & organised a little Trophy each time. She was very slow, but no matter. It was the first "competitive" thing she had ever done as an adult & she adored it.

She has a history of back problems though & she started getting bad back pain & numbness in her limbs. Went to see countless Medics, Consultants, Hospital visits, scans etc.

It was concluded that it was an "impact" sport, & her back was not up to it. She was pretty down about it tbh.

Next thing I knew, she had taken up swimming, & now swims between 1 & 2 miles 4 or 5 nights a week. No "impact" with swimming, of course. She even swum in Hampton Outdoor Pool on Xmas Day.

Like me, she struggles with her weight, so it's perfect for her really.   

Like you. Yeah, right.

The older I get, the better I was.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2017, 02:01:01 PM »

Cheesy

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2017, 09:29:57 PM »

i am game aslong as there is someone behind my chair with hands on the handles and giving me a push

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2017, 02:13:32 AM »

I'm sure Matt could provide some pics to go with the thread  Wink
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2017, 12:53:53 AM »

Iron - only 3 wheelchair entries last year - you could be locked on for a medal!

I just noticed that the time limit for completion is 5 hours which seems a bit miserly - I'd *hope* to finish inside that, but could be a dealbreaker if it might mean not being able to finish.

Back up plan is the half which has an equally, if not more, ridiculous cut off time of 4 hours. Could manage that at a stroll!

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2017, 01:03:18 AM »

Ridic cut off times. Could walk the half and still get round in time
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2017, 06:21:53 PM »

It's a go. Hubby taking part too. Parkrun this morning - I am much, much unfitter than I realised Sad only way is up though!

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: