blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:40:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  *****"The Official 2017 Golf Betting and Discussion Thread"*****
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 92 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *****"The Official 2017 Golf Betting and Discussion Thread"*****  (Read 196046 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 13, 2017, 07:46:50 PM »

Struggling to see beyond Dustbin as its so long, but got a sneaky feel for Shane Lowry who always seem to be thereabouts in US Opens. 70-1.

Gotta have a few bob on Sergio now the duck has been broken and if the need to be straight and long is a prerequisite he fits the bill nicely.

And last dart will go on Paul Casey, has to be in the mix as per usual.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 13, 2017, 07:58:16 PM »

Struggling to see beyond Dustbin as its so long, but got a sneaky feel for Shane Lowry who always seem to be thereabouts in US Opens. 70-1.

Gotta have a few bob on Sergio now the duck has been broken and if the need to be straight and long is a prerequisite he fits the bill nicely.

Just had another nipper, too.

Or is his Mrs waiting to drop?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 13, 2017, 07:59:20 PM »

Bobby1 always reckoned we ought to back Golfers after their wife had a baby.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 13, 2017, 08:02:31 PM »

Bobby1 always reckoned we ought to back Golfers after their wife had a baby.

Was exactly who I thought of when I read about it Cheesy

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 13, 2017, 08:02:53 PM »

'Nappy factor' at its strongest straight after the birth of a first child, even more so if it is a son.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 13, 2017, 08:07:47 PM »

'Nappy factor' at its strongest straight after the birth of a first child, even more so if it is a son.

Scrap that then, as they already have one.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 13, 2017, 08:12:06 PM »

Scrap that then, as they already have one.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 13, 2017, 08:16:50 PM »

Billy Ho.(150) and Tyrell Hatton(180)are my two early speculative picks in the outright market.

Just nipped in on Billy after he birdied his last four holes on Sunday before the market adjusted so feeling fairly smug for now.

I'm not sure straight is a prerequisite for driving if the rumours of 60 yard-wide fairways are true

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 13, 2017, 08:24:23 PM »

Billy Ho.(150) and Tyrell Hatton(180)are my two early speculative picks in the outright market.

Just nipped in on Billy after he birdied his last four holes on Sunday before the market adjusted so feeling fairly smug for now.

I'm not sure straight is a prerequisite for driving if the rumours of 60 yard-wide fairways are true

Still find it hard to understand why  aftertiming  is still named after me, with Ralph posting his weekly. Grin

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 13, 2017, 08:38:31 PM »

Still find it hard to understand why  aftertiming  is still named after me, with Ralph posting his weekly. Grin

I think you have some kind of chip-on-shoulder disease Adz - have you considered seeking seeking professional help?

« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 09:05:20 PM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 13, 2017, 09:30:26 PM »

Still find it hard to understand why  aftertiming  is still named after me, with Ralph posting his weekly. Grin

I think you have some kind of chip-on-shoulder disease Adz - have you considered seeking seeking professional help?

Yes. I want to be you Ralph.........

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2017, 10:06:42 PM »

Still find it hard to understand why  aftertiming  is still named after me, with Ralph posting his weekly. Grin

Very Fair point. 

Rahm.  Rose.  Pieters.  Oosthuizen.

Surprisingly few septics.  Stats aren't my friend here.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 14, 2017, 09:56:21 AM »

Lowry is 80/1 right now with nanny/fred.  They aren't laying much though.

Victor are paying an awful fifth first 6.  How they offer "value" like this and still need to close accounts is a mystery. 

As someone is bound to ask...

Given same price, think this is roughly right.  Where a golfer is very short, or long, then it may fall over.

1/5 first 8 is better than 1/4 first 6; which is better than a fifth first 7; which is better than 1/4 first 5.  1/5 first 6 is for complete mugs.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 14, 2017, 10:25:46 AM »

Lowry is 80/1 right now with nanny/fred.  They aren't laying much though.

Victor are paying an awful fifth first 6.  How they offer "value" like this and still need to close accounts is a mystery.  

As someone is bound to ask...

Given same price, think this is roughly right.  Where a golfer is very short, or long, then it may fall over.

1/5 first 8 is better than 1/4 first 6; which is better than a fifth first 7; which is better than 1/4 first 5.  1/5 first 6 is for complete mugs.

There are quite often slight differences in odds.  This spreadsheet will cover all the mid-price scenarios.

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AtKSOpG8b_uugR33Zup1yJ7EKME5

« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 10:41:37 AM by doubleup » Logged
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 14, 2017, 11:19:10 AM »

I think Pieters EW @50/1 cannot be a bad bet on a course like this.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 92 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: