blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:41:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  *****"The Official 2017 Golf Betting and Discussion Thread"*****
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 92 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *****"The Official 2017 Golf Betting and Discussion Thread"*****  (Read 195879 times)
Rubbish2407

View Profile WWW
« Reply #300 on: February 07, 2018, 06:52:04 PM »

I've actually found the photo knowing who two of them are. Is there a reason why you posted it? 1000 Guineas classic at Gleneagles or something isn't it?

"The Full Eso Kral": To back every possible outcome in an event and lose whatever happens.
Keith Hawkins 10/01/2014
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 07, 2018, 07:50:01 PM »

I've actually found the photo knowing who two of them are. Is there a reason why you posted it? 1000 Guineas classic at Gleneagles or something isn't it?

It was James Braid's birthday 6th February 1870.

Braid, Harry Vardon and J.H. Taylor(on the right) formed The Great Triumvirate who dominated golf around the turn of the 20th century winning sixteen Open Championships between them.

For a bonus point who is the fourth man standing next to Harry Vardon? He also won an Open and a US Open too.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 09, 2018, 08:09:47 PM »

Ted Ray was the fourth man in case anyone was vaguely interested.

Here's what I think is a very pertinent article on what the Donald is doing for golf:

http://www.nybooks.com/daily/2018/02/09/trump-making-golf-horrible-again/

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Rubbish2407

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: February 10, 2018, 12:28:12 AM »

Not sure I've ever done this before?

"The Full Eso Kral": To back every possible outcome in an event and lose whatever happens.
Keith Hawkins 10/01/2014
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 10, 2018, 08:28:59 AM »

Ted Ray was the fourth man in case anyone was vaguely interested.

Here's what I think is a very pertinent article on what the Donald is doing for golf:

http://www.nybooks.com/daily/2018/02/09/trump-making-golf-horrible-again/

Lots of us love that sort of stuff, keep it coming Uncle Ralph.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 14, 2018, 08:02:23 PM »

It's the final leg of The California Swing this week at the renowned Riviera GC - aka Hogan's Alley.

I've slung a few darts namely: Pieters, Berger, Schauffele, Sang Moon-Bae, and a sentimental just in case couple of shekels on Tiger.

It's a great course which always provides excellent viewing especially when you have a sweat.

GL all those who play!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 14, 2018, 08:57:52 PM »

Good luck Ralph.

No bet for me this week as I'm working away so can't watch.

The headline writers would like to see the man in form win it, they love a good pun, and Reavie @ Riviera would give them some decent material.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 14, 2018, 09:08:10 PM »

Very sweet on Pieters this week. Finally time for him to get one over the line with the weight of my money dragging him down!

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 17, 2018, 07:12:18 PM »

Kevin Na seems very determined to stick it in my eye this week.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 21, 2018, 10:54:50 PM »

Thomas, Cabrera-Bello, Pieters, An, Poults, and Weisburger are my musketeer dart-agnons this week v's The Bear Trap.

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 21, 2018, 11:03:35 PM »

Thomas, Cabrera-Bello, Pieters, An, Poults, and Weisburger are my musketeer dart-agnons this week v's The Bear Trap.

I like An at the price.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 26, 2018, 09:57:07 AM »

Thomas and some place money from Ben An have given me a little more ammo for chelters.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 26, 2018, 10:00:35 AM »

Thomas and some place money from Ben An have given me a little more ammo for chelters.

Signs of a revival by Tiger, too. He seems to have his head in a better place now.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 26, 2018, 10:45:07 AM »

Signs of a revival by Tiger, too. He seems to have his head in a better place now.

He's swinging the club really well and at his current rate of improvement might well be a live shout for The Masters.

The current top price of 20/1 does not appeal to me though.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 26, 2018, 10:48:58 AM »

He's swinging the club really well and at his current rate of improvement might well be a live shout for The Masters.

The current top price of 20/1 does not appeal to me though.

Agree, think I'd want 33/1 & plenty places paid.

I'm liking the way Justin Thomas is progressing, too.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 92 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: