blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:58:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  *****"The Official 2017 Golf Betting and Discussion Thread"*****
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 92 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *****"The Official 2017 Golf Betting and Discussion Thread"*****  (Read 198116 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: May 11, 2018, 09:07:57 AM »

I guess this explains it. The things we say to earn a buck, eh?

On Thursday, menswear brand Mizzen+Main announced a partnership with the five-time major champ that will have Mickelson looking more formal at future tournaments.

“I was waiting to find the perfect apparel partner that allowed me to move from the board room to the golf course," Mickelson says in a press release. Of course you were, Phil. Of course you were.

As part of the deal, Mickelson now owns a stake in the company. He will begin wearing Mizzen+Main at this week's Players Championship, and we're guessing Mizzen+Main are pretty pumped about their guy's Thursday-Friday pairing with Tiger Woods.

Mickelson's day 1 score was +7, which was 13 shots off the lead.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 09:09:42 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 11, 2018, 10:28:29 AM »

I guess this explains it. The things we say to earn a buck, eh?

On Thursday, menswear brand Mizzen+Main announced a partnership with the five-time major champ that will have Mickelson looking more formal at future tournaments.

“I was waiting to find the perfect apparel partner that allowed me to move from the board room to the golf course," Mickelson says in a press release. Of course you were, Phil. Of course you were.

As part of the deal, Mickelson now owns a stake in the company. He will begin wearing Mizzen+Main at this week's Players Championship, and we're guessing Mizzen+Main are pretty pumped about their guy's Thursday-Friday pairing with Tiger Woods.

Mickelson's day 1 score was +7, which was 13 shots off the lead.

I reckon it's a good look, I used to play cricket in something similar, smartish but kinda stretchy. Incredible to see his short game in tatters, nothing wrong with his shirt game though.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 11, 2018, 05:38:32 PM »

Jimmy Walker's in with a shout. 69-68 leaves him on -7 and currently T6.

One time with feeling please Jimmy!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 06:06:28 PM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 12, 2018, 09:19:08 AM »

A stunning round by Webb Simpson, including 6 straight birdies, followed by a double bogey at the watery 17th, has taken a lot of the punting fun out of the Players.

I selected 10 hopefuls, 2 of whom missed the cut, and any of the 8 could run into a place, but it'd need a minor miracle for any of them to win now. At one point I had a 100/1 shot briefly (very briefly) leading the field on Day 2, but Webb Simpson just blew them all away. So it's all about place money now for me.

Was really enjoying watching the whole thing, but once Webb had his hot streak, it sort of took the edge off it for me. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 12, 2018, 09:21:11 AM »

Rickie Fowler had a fun moment, mind.

His ball stuck in a palm tree, but although he could see a ball in the tree, he could not positively identify it. The spectators tried to help.

Click to see full-size image.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 12, 2018, 09:26:59 AM »

They showed this clip of Poulter, which amused somewhat;

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 12, 2018, 10:11:01 AM »

A stunning round by Webb Simpson, including 6 straight birdies, followed by a double bogey at the watery 17th, has taken a lot of the punting fun out of the Players.

I selected 10 hopefuls, 2 of whom missed the cut, and any of the 8 could run into a place, but it'd need a minor miracle for any of them to win now. At one point I had a 100/1 shot briefly (very briefly) leading the field on Day 2, but Webb Simpson just blew them all away. So it's all about place money now for me.

Was really enjoying watching the whole thing, but once Webb had his hot streak, it sort of took the edge off it for me. 

You could always lump on Webb @2.84 to rekindle your interest - decent price if you think he's a certainty.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 12, 2018, 12:50:20 PM »

You could always lump on Webb @2.84 to rekindle your interest - decent price if you think he's a certainty.

Seriously tempted Ralph, but I think I'll stick with what I've got, & hope 1 or 2 hold/run into a place, I've got 7 places, & if the right ones place I'll be out of it with a bit to spare. And if they don't, conkers will be done.

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 12, 2018, 12:58:27 PM »

Webb is only 1/10 when leading after two rounds fwiw.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 12, 2018, 01:01:07 PM »

Webb is only 1/10 when leading after two rounds fwiw.

Sawgrass is just the track to trip anyone up & a stray shot or 2 could cost him his lead, but against that, how often has he been 5 shots clear?

As my previous, I'm tempted, but I'm gonna stick with my current team & just hope I get a sweat.

sonour

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 12, 2018, 01:02:42 PM »

Really ? You don't think he's going to win it do you ?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 12, 2018, 01:05:19 PM »

I hope he does  aftertiming  scared

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 12, 2018, 01:07:06 PM »

Really ? You don't think he's going to win it do you ?

Well I'd rather be on him at his original SP than any of mine at the moment.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 12, 2018, 01:07:29 PM »

I hope he does  aftertiming  scared

In that case, Lisa & Rinswun are surely right.

Wink

PS - Ha, go on my son.

How many are you on mate?

GL GL

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 12, 2018, 01:14:51 PM »

Who do you guys (+ 1 young lady) fancy from here?

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 92 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: