blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:21:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Terrorist attack on Westminster Bridge.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Terrorist attack on Westminster Bridge.  (Read 9551 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2017, 10:53:18 PM »

For once, does it matter that it's fake?

Someone thought of the sentiment and wrote the slogan.

What difference that it isn't someone who works for London Underground?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2017, 11:18:52 PM »

An amusing side note in what has been a couple of miserable days?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2017, 11:37:39 PM »

Yah it matters because it's fake news, yet presented as reality, and it conjures lots of people to feel a certain way. I mean how dangerous is that? It's like we're all sheep ready to be herded into this corner of the field or into that holding pen. Creeps me out and I wonder why there isn't any accountability for these errors. The media are bugging me out at this time because it's like they're aiding the terrorist in the way they report these matters, so much coverage and massive amount of focus on religion. Is this actually a religious attack? Who knows for certain at this time? I read that it was an attack on British people. But the victims were American, French, Spanish, Polish, Korean, German, Irish, Greek, from a variety of religions. Does it matter that somebody thought of that slogan and reported it that way? I'd say so because in fact it's an attack on humanity, it's a crime, a lunatic and nothing to do with anything more. When isis claim responsibility I would bury that clown talk rather than flash it across the headline news every second, I mean what evidence is there? About as much evidence that I'm getting big black foot disease anytime soon!!

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2017, 12:44:52 AM »

What is the end game of all this violence?

Have we got to get used to this for the rest of lives?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2017, 12:51:20 AM »

I think we should just send him back where he came from. Kent!

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2017, 01:00:31 AM »

People have always killed each other, we're actually killing each other here at a declining rate.. I'm optimistic that will continue

sola virtus nobilitat
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2017, 02:57:20 AM »

Foreign policy HAS to change. We have to admit that our government trades blood for money in the Middle East like it isn't even a thing. Talk about desensitised to terror attacks, how about not even batting an eyelid at how we turned Iraq upside down, encouraged rebels in Syria and happily sold arms to the Saudi's when we knew full well they'd be used to murder civilians in Yemen. Perhaps it's sheer coincidence that almost all terrorism emanates from this region in some way? No, we have to shoulder at least some responsibility for creating environments where angry, disillusioned and susceptible young men can be radicalised with an anti-Western agenda. If imperialism can ever be stopped you'll find your solution. Start leaving the Middle East alone, and terrorism will end.

There's no justification for killing innocent people or purporting terror across a land. But jointly with the US, we're more complicit with this behaviour than any terrorist group ever could be. I love this country to bits, but fuck me do i think we live in twisted and sickening times right now, where bombing the shit out a country for its oil is normalised because it hurts too much to admit we're powerless to do anything about it. If we want peace it has to start with us.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2017, 09:04:45 AM »

I can't fathom the end goal, do the extremists seriously believe that they can achieve some sort of global caliphate?

Perhaps it's about time that there was a change in foreign policy. 

The key to ending these attacks is engagement with the wider Islamic community.  But this can't be orchestrated through the spooks and state sponsored agencies, it's got to be bottom up. 

its difficult to do it from the bottom up because so much of the population thinks "islam =bad". one nutter here, or a cell there means the very large majority of law abiding muslim citiens in this country get tarred with the same brush by big segments of our population

Mostly the right wing.  The purpose of these terrorists is primarily to encourage hate and split society.  It is supremely ironic that the right wing are happy to be manipulated into doing exactly what the terrorists want.

It's not just the right wing tbf.  They are abig part of it. 

There are hundreds of thousands of disenfranchised working class communities who think muslims and foreigners are to blame for everything. 

They rely wholly on state sponsored media as well to dictate there view of the world.

The state is complicit in these attacks imo.  The likes of Maajid Nawaz and his organisation should be chased because they aren't ever going to get into the areas that need urgent attention. 
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2017, 09:15:20 AM »

Foreign policy HAS to change. We have to admit that our government trades blood for money in the Middle East like it isn't even a thing. Talk about desensitised to terror attacks, how about not even batting an eyelid at how we turned Iraq upside down, encouraged rebels in Syria and happily sold arms to the Saudi's when we knew full well they'd be used to murder civilians in Yemen. Perhaps it's sheer coincidence that almost all terrorism emanates from this region in some way? No, we have to shoulder at least some responsibility for creating environments where angry, disillusioned and susceptible young men can be radicalised with an anti-Western agenda. If imperialism can ever be stopped you'll find your solution. Start leaving the Middle East alone, and terrorism will end.

There's no justification for killing innocent people or purporting terror across a land. But jointly with the US, we're more complicit with this behaviour than any terrorist group ever could be. I love this country to bits, but fuck me do i think we live in twisted and sickening times right now, where bombing the shit out a country for its oil is normalised because it hurts too much to admit we're powerless to do anything about it. If we want peace it has to start with us.

Excellent post.

I posted other day in the McGuinness thread a quote from one of my faourite writers.  "The terrorist always has the smallest bomb"

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2017, 10:55:10 AM »

"We find that the growth in polarization is largest for the groups least likely to use the internet & social media." http://www.nber.org/papers/w23258

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2017, 10:57:05 AM »

"We find that the growth in polarization is largest for the groups least likely to use the internet & social media." http://www.nber.org/papers/w23258

Considering the amount of gobshites posting on social media that surprises me a lot.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2017, 11:02:26 AM »

Considering the amount of gobshites posting on social media that surprises me a lot.

because people, working class maybe, older perhaps, perhaps not educated beyond 16, who are more insular (rural britain, maybe northern communities etc) don't get a wide range of views and live in their own real world echo chambers where they and like minded souls often have quite old fashioned views

social media has an echo chamber problem too but at least there is an access to a wider range of views and it tends to be the younger, more big city,university educated etc have the more tolerant views

(generalising of course,its not "one size fits all")

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2017, 11:07:28 AM »

I think the vast majority of people are sophisticated enough to realise that this stuff has precious little to do with religion, thus feel no ill-will towards muslims as a result of this.

This stuff is really shocking but if you run the #'s there are 1.5billion muslims in the world, and I think >50 suicide bombers from a "muslim terrorist" group in since and including 9/11? So contray to popular belief I dont believe there are armys of muslim extremists ready to commit suicide for the cause.

Obviously the fact there are any is extremely bad news.

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2017, 01:03:50 PM »

I think there's a lot of parallels with mass shootings in the US - every so often some nutcase is going to do something crazy.

Interesting that it has now emerged that the Westminster guy was a Muslim convert, just like the two guys who killed Lee Rigby. Converting to a religion as an adult is a sure sign that there's something not quite right going on in the head.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2017, 11:12:56 PM »

I think there's a lot of parallels with mass shootings in the US - every so often some nutcase is going to do something crazy.

Interesting that it has now emerged that the Westminster guy was a Muslim convert, just like the two guys who killed Lee Rigby. Converting to a religion as an adult is a sure sign that there's something not quite right going on in the head.

Turncoats are always the worst.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: