blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:03:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Career Change - Help required
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Career Change - Help required  (Read 1767 times)
maldini32

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2017, 11:35:03 PM »

I'm currently looking for a career change and am drawing blanks everywhere I look.

Bit about me, I'm in my early 30's and played poker for most of my 20's. Then worked for a couple of betting firms and I now work in a sales office for a tools company.

Pretty much the only reason I am in my current job is the convenience of it all. It's Monday-Friday, I get my evenings and weekends off to play football/sport and it's 5 minutes down the road.

When I took the job 3 years ago I was promised opportunities to progress but no one above me has left so nowhere for me to go. The people I work with don't have the highest IQ and the silence and boredom has pushed me to the point of no return.

I'm looking for help/advice or if anyone is hiring around the Leeds area Smiley

What career could I move into with my skillset? Should I do another course, retrain and look again?

I'm at a bit of a crossroad here but I do need to get out of where I am.

dakky

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 04:35:19 PM »

Sky bet are in Leeds aren't they?
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 04:52:36 PM »

Sorry meant to add, must have weekends off. So no betting companies, unless they have roles where you work standard office hours which I'm not aware about
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 06:13:51 PM »

Without a great deal of experience in a specific industry I would stick with sales because that's the best way to optimise earning potential. and field sales often offers the flexibility you need. With your interest in sports maybe working for sky selling sky sports packages to licensed businesses could be a winner. Loads of other similar opportunities like selling corporate days for race tracks or advertising in football programs.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 12:13:17 AM »

Sorry meant to add, must have weekends off. So no betting companies, unless they have roles where you work standard office hours which I'm not aware about

Unless you work in support or trading teams there should be plenty of roles that are Mon-Fri in gambling. i.e marketing/product/operations roles. Added bonus that the industry pays better than most as a lot of people are put off for ethics reasons.

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 10:13:20 AM »

Unless you work in support or trading teams there should be plenty of roles that are Mon-Fri in gambling. i.e marketing/product/operations roles. Added bonus that the industry pays better than most as a lot of people are put off for ethics reasons.

Thanks for that. I'll have a look tonight.
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2017, 12:22:09 PM »

https://sbcnews.co.uk/europe/uk/2017/05/08/sky-betting-gaming-seeks-100-new-jobs-yorkshire-operations/
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: