blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:09:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  PKR files for administration
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PKR files for administration  (Read 6873 times)
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2017, 11:41:27 PM »

Here's how I understand it:

Players money is a liability owed by the company which according to the gaming license must be in a segregated account (cannot be used for expenses or invested). Basic protection implies payouts in a liquidation event would be in this order:
1) Debt holders: bond holders of corporate issued bonds, bank loans/overdrafts etc. Often debt has varying seniority. 888 has no debt. GVC (Party's parent company) has €390m or so of debt with 5-6 year maturity. It's a credit facility - essentially an overdraft - and was as part of the LBO of Party. Their debt coverage is actually pretty poor but I wouldn't be too worried if I had money on Party.
2) Any other liabilities: players funds, any money owed to suppliers (gaming licenses, software licenses, payment processors etc). I'd expect this to be done on a pro-rated basis.
3) Equity holders: If there's any money left (not too unusual but fairly unlikely here) then the shareholders get a few pennies on their shares back.

Medium protection basically suggests that you are almost 100% to get your money back in full.

investors are more likely to invest if it's 'basic' protection, with a higher chance of some return in the event of the company going into administration

This won't work. If a liquidating company has $100 in player deposits and owes no other money, you can't buy shares in the company and expect to get some of the $100. The $100 liability is paid out first.

superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2017, 07:40:05 PM »

Poker Stars to refund PKR players: https://www.pokernews.com/news/2017/07/pokerstars-to-refund-pkr-players-28418.htm

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: