blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:35:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Stuart Rutter WSOP action for the remainder of the Summer
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stuart Rutter WSOP action for the remainder of the Summer  (Read 40215 times)
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2017, 07:59:45 AM »

Thanks for the updates!
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2017, 08:41:45 AM »

No good.

Was at 20-22k for ages but a fifteen minute spell of four hands has decimated me to 2100.

The interesting hand was mw defending a (26)8 bring in against a king. I caught a J brick on 4th. Normally its a fold with next to no high potential, but the dead cards were basically perfect. They were KQQjT98 (even the 8 in my favour in terms of making low). So, it is just about correct to call, given also that the other card we know about is the likely second king in the raisers hand. I called, and we hit the worst parlay. 2684TQJ, forcing me to call down and fold the river.

There was frustrating pot where it came to a guy one to the left of my premium A23 as two bets cold, and he did the whole thing of calling, thinking it was one bet. Me and the raiser had to take advantage by capping five bets, and he incorrectly came along with what turned out to be 874. The sods law came true; I bricked twice and he scooped a big one
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2017, 09:19:50 AM »

OUT.

Well, in another very active few minutes, my low of 1,700 actually turned into a chance for 17k. But no good.

Two the antes twice, up to 4600. Then I am dealt  , on a board which is all low apart from a  .

Max Pescatori raises  three clubs, the  comes along, and Max and I get it right on 3rd and 4th to squeeze the  for the maximum number of bets before he folds on 4th.

On their backs. I am  and Max is  . He makes (suits arbitrary)  three diamonds by 7th (two pair), and I go into 7th as    . So we have the 15 out sweat for a 17k scoop....

But its  . No good
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2017, 11:54:16 AM »

sigh Ul stu, fascinating reading though.

easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2017, 05:18:16 AM »

3k horse day one, end of level four

14,200 from 15,000 starting stack.

Was going fairly miserably but got a lot back from a nice Omaha hi-lo hand. I defended  three diamonds Two Diamonds three way. (in O8, its correct to defend even heads up alot wider than this as equities run so close)

Flop  As (I flop nut low, second nut low protection and back door gutshot). I bet three way, effectively for value, as  I will have 40% equity from my 80% chance of ending with the best low hand, and a small amount of equity for high. The pre.flop.raiser raises, 3rd guy folds, and I call (wrong outcome, we would rather go three way to turn to be picking up EV on three way bets)

Turn As two spades (actually the worst card in the deck, but its not too bad. My low is broken but I have second nut low. And a gutshot)

easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2017, 05:22:15 AM »

I check-call the turn.

River As two spades (best card in deck. Reduces the chance of a flush. My 32 now plays for low as a wheel and i have a seven high straight.)

There is now a very decent chance he would check behind so I bet out. He calls. Still some chnace of a low flush but its looking good to scoop.

He does muck, and we scoop
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2017, 05:24:28 AM »

Approaching end of level six:

Well, level six could not have gone any worse. Think I lost at least one hand in each of the five elements of HORSE, a a few.more. Don't think I would have dome anything different.

Currently down to 1,900.
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2017, 07:06:23 AM »

$3k HORSE, mid way through level 7]

OUT. We did actually achieve a spin, but to no avail. 1.1k turned to 5,400 by chopping two big stud8 ones, but we came crashing down on limit holdem.

Button raises at 600/1200, I have  in the big. Standard call.

Flop  two hearts. Check, he bets, check raise. I was close to not check raising as it's tough to get it through in limit, but with our hand equity there must be enough fold equity on my turn lead to make it profitable.

He three bets to 1,800. Not good news. Call

Turn two hearts Two Clubs. Check and call. Leaves me 1,200

River is      two hearts Two Clubs  (pair of sixes)

I decide at this point I am check-calling (small chance of a bluff feels bigger than the small chance of him calling my lead with worse). He does bet (A check behind would have been beautiful)

It's puke. I think I made a mistake and should fold and keep my 1,200. It's 1,200 to win 11,400 so we are getting 8.5 to 1. I think on reflection we do not have even that chance. It would need the unlikely parlay of a flop three bet bluff with high cards AND the even less likely decision to bluff the river when it must look like I am always going to sigh call.

Frustrated with that mistake, but I guess only a small one.

Anyway, we did at least get beaten in style. He announced STRAIGHT FLUSH, and I saw  on my way to the door..

CONFIRMED PLAYING THE $1,500 pot limit Omaha hi-lo on Friday, messages sent.
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2017, 10:31:09 PM »

$1,500 pot limit Omaha hi-lo

Starting soon. This is surely one of the stand out tournaments.

I strongly feel the correct strategy will be to limp a lot my playabale range. Reduces variance, leaves big SPR ratios, and there is no need to push small equity edges.
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2017, 12:31:44 AM »

$1500 pot limit Omaha hi-lo

8,200 midway through level two.

Made one bluff. I have A237 and limp to encourage multi way pot.

Four way (me UTG1, the button and the blinds). Flop  , checked round.

Turn . Small blind leads 150 into 400. We have nut low and nut low protection and 13 card straight draw.

I raise to 800. The 150 into 400 feels weak, possibly just a jack in fact. The button now tanks. This is not good news. The tank would seem to be a likley house- he would surely protect trip fours when checked to him on flop, and so JJ, J4, 44 and 55 become likely. He does fold, however, so I guess had something like A3 with diamonds. The 150 leader quickly folds.
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2017, 02:39:59 AM »

Hmm the one that got away.    Two Clubs in big blind, small blind limps at 75-150, I raise pot to 450, he calls.
Flop (gives me nut low and a pair of nines).

Its close whether to bet here. It effectively is a combination of protecting my high, with using my low to get him of high equity or potentially a better high hand. I check. The fact that getting check raised is not overly pretty (because I have so little chance to scoop)

Turn is gin. . And he leads 600. Obviously I do not have nut high but I need to get in as much as i can. Its definitely an option to just flat. If he is strong on one side only, he may well "pot" the river, creating a horrible decision for himself when I move in, having effectively trapped.

I decided to raise and leave an exact pot sized bet, so raise to 1,900. Its a massive tank, I feel we came close to the big action, but he folds

Going ok now, 8.9k
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2017, 03:27:41 AM »

$1500 pot limit Omaha hi-lo

9,300 end of level four
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2017, 04:09:41 AM »

Was up to 15k but then

Raise to 800 with   three clubs at 150-300. Big stack calls, short stack all in for 1,350.

I can re raise and am of course an equity favorite over the big stack assuming nothing is going on. I make it 3,800 from 15k.

Big stack sadly is snap all in. I fold. May be somewhere near the odds to call but not going to consider calling off a really close equity decision with alot of play left.

Big stack does indeed have   . I don't know whether his trap was completely deliberate and well acted (on his original call, he took a quick glance at my stack but didn't at the small 1,350 stack, so it would have been pretty clever to use his peripheral vision at the same time as working out I could rerasie), or whether it fell.into place accidentally (aces with no low is of course a fine hand to make a standard flat call with pre, so he may have got lucky with the circumstance of me just about being able to re raise).

So, down to 11,300, still going ok
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 04:31:06 AM by easypickings » Logged
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2017, 04:14:29 AM »

$1500 pot limit Omaha hi lo

OUT

An absolute sickener

Limp   two hearts Two Clubs. Mid position big stack raises to 1100. Call

Flop Two Diamonds. (bottom set, decent low draw)

I check, he bets 1,400, I check raise pot, he pretty quickly gets it in. Massive 24,500 pot.

He has Two Clubs (bottom two, nothing else, no low draw)

Its just absolutely horrific from him to get in 12k at 150-300.

He has worse than a two outer. (he can hit aa or kk, but it counts for more that I can still take half by hitting low if he hits a seven).

It does indeed come king king for the 6% bad beat.

Tough to take.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 04:32:48 AM by easypickings » Logged
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2017, 09:00:28 PM »

$1500 pot limit Omaha hi lo

OUT

An absolute sickener

Limp   two hearts Two Clubs. Mid position big stack raises to 1100. Call

Flop Two Diamonds. (bottom set, decent low draw)

I check, he bets 1,400, I check raise pot, he pretty quickly gets it in. Massive 24,500 pot.

He has Two Clubs (bottom two, nothing else, no low draw)

Its just absolutely horrific from him to get in 12k at 150-300.

He has worse than a two outer. (he can hit aa or kk, but it counts for more that I can still take half by hitting low if he hits a seven).

It does indeed come king king for the 6% bad beat.

Tough to take.

Unlucky Stuart.  Feels bad to go out so soon in the event you have looked forward to for ages.   People getting it in so badly is the reason we play though (he says having got it in bad himself!). 

Anyway good luck in the rest of the series.  I wasn't around long enough to say hello.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: