blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:06:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Royal Ascot 2017
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Royal Ascot 2017  (Read 12560 times)
PokerBroker

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2017, 12:06:26 AM »

So lets be having all your best selections for Ascot alongside any special offers you see that we should be taking advantage of.  No doubt there will be selection a plenty for Fred but with Tikay and Tighty both on a Jolly there might be a lack of posting on there. 

It looks like it's going to be proper fast ground with predicted sunshine.

I'm probably going to take a few days off to watch the lot and enjoy a few cold ones while doing so. 
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 02:59:16 AM »

So you are a fan of the Monarchy, and our wonderful Royal Family, after all.

Can we expect to see you applauding the Royal Procession, bowing as Her Majesty passes by, and enthusiastically waving the Union Jack?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 07:58:06 AM »

I'm probably going to take a few days off to watch the lot and enjoy a few cold ones while doing so. 

Here here.

Can't wait!

PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 09:26:15 AM »

So you are a fan of the Monarchy, and our wonderful Royal Family, after all.

Can we expect to see you applauding the Royal Procession, bowing as Her Majesty passes by, and enthusiastically waving the Union Jack?

Haha something like that. 
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 12:04:05 PM »

Never mind all this horse racing, is there a 'what colour hat will the Queen wear' market we can get stuck into?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 12:11:13 PM »

Royal Ascot?  Really?  Stratford and Uttox jumps tomorrow and Wednesday with the Greyhound derby inbetween on Tues night at Towcester.  What a lovely little road trip around the Midlands in the sun.  No fancy dress required either.  Shorts and flip flops fine at all venues
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 01:20:50 PM »

I'm going for gold.:

Ribchester - Queen Anne
Kings Stand - Lady Aurelia
Prince of Wales - Jack Hobbs
Norfolk - McErin
Gold Cup - Order of St George
Commonwealth - Caravaggio
St James Palace - Barney Roy

£50 acca.  If that wins I'm taking 3 month off going to Portugal for 8 weeks and Vegas for the Main Event.  ( I can dream)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 01:23:18 PM »

1-3 RyRy is buying money. Wins easily barring unforeseens.

Double Ryan @ 1-3 with Mayweather @ 1-6, comes to almost 4-7. Luvverly.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 01:43:57 PM »

Can't see Moore not winning top Jock. 

Thought Frankie might be worth a tickle at the prices though. 
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2017, 03:19:15 PM »

Missing all this as going to Vegas (thin).  Good luck all.

FWIW arbboy not sure the dress code is the deciding factor.  I went to York on Saturday and there were 4 handicaps with over 16 runners. 

Where we were, every single bookie bar 1 was going a fifth first 4.  I was reading through the racecard and there was some guff saying that every bookie had to offer at least a fifth first 4 when over 16 runners.  How is that protecting the punters?  When did this become nornal?

Would defo wear a jacket to get quarter first 4.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2017, 04:06:45 PM »

Missing all this as going to Vegas (thin).  Good luck all.

FWIW arbboy not sure the dress code is the deciding factor.  I went to York on Saturday and there were 4 handicaps with over 16 runners. 

Where we were, every single bookie bar 1 was going a fifth first 4.  I was reading through the racecard and there was some guff saying that every bookie had to offer at least a fifth first 4 when over 16 runners.  How is that protecting the punters?  When did this become nornal?

Would defo wear a jacket to get quarter first 4.

WOn't be having many issues with EW terms at Uttox and Stratford tomorrow.  Small fields, low margins the bookies bet to.  Win only is the order of the day.  1/5 1,2,3,4 is minimum standards required to offer on course 16-19 runners,  1/4 1,2,3,4 for 20+ runners.  Some of the traditional old school layers still offer 1/4 on 16+ plus the high st firms on course as well.  Just a case of shopping around.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2017, 06:38:17 PM »

Royal Ascot?  Really?  Stratford and Uttox jumps tomorrow and Wednesday with the Greyhound derby inbetween on Tues night at Towcester.  What a lovely little road trip around the Midlands in the sun.  No fancy dress required either.  Shorts and flip flops fine at all venues

I think you should be wearing a fascinator as well just as a token gesture to RA and her maj.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2017, 07:17:01 PM »

I got 5/6 in my acca of first 3 in the betting.  Pretty unlucky today in that the one that beat me was literally a toss up, would have been a stonking Ascot had that came in.  Cheerfilly was the culprit today. 

PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2017, 12:08:16 AM »

Blue is the joint fav @ 3/1 for Betty Battenbergs hat on Tuesday.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2017, 12:16:34 AM »

I think you should be wearing a fascinator as well just as a token gesture to RA and her maj.

More likely my Golden State Warriors baseball cap as a token gesture to the NBA legends who made me a right pretty penny this season! Fuck fascinators!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: