blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:10:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Anybody here skydived?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anybody here skydived?  (Read 3231 times)
baldock92

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2017, 07:19:38 AM »

Hi blondes, wondering who here has been skydiving? I'm looking to do it fairly soon but am a pretty bad flyer at the best of times, let alone in a small aircraft with the bloody door open and no option of getting pissed before hand.

Is it something you should really force yourself today even if you're shitting yourself at the thought?

Feed em rice.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 09:14:34 AM »

Fk that.....not a chance.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 09:20:45 AM »

Fk that.....not a chance.

Ah! The element of surprise
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 09:30:53 AM »

Did it once.  Wouldn't do it again.  4 of us went, 3 loved it though.

I suspect if you are already scared of flying, it isn't for you.  Why not try bungy jumping first?  If you can't do that, I think skydiving must be a no.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 09:48:23 AM »

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 10:25:17 AM »

Had a bit of a "fuck it" moment, booked it for sunrise tomorrow morning local time. 11 hours to go, time to buy a few adult sized nappies.

If I don't post again you'll know why!

Feed em rice.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 10:57:59 AM »

I once fell off the roof of my mobile home but I did a commando roll when I landed and would have come away unscathed if it wasn't for the roofing nails in my back pocket.

The older I get, the better I was.
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017, 11:53:12 AM »

Did it once.  Wouldn't do it again.  4 of us went, 3 loved it though.

I suspect if you are already scared of flying, it isn't for you.  Why not try bungy jumping first?  If you can't do that, I think skydiving must be a no.

I've actually heard bungee jumping is worse as you accelerate from 0mph- terminal velocity and so experience that horrible stomach drop sensation. With skydiving I've heard it's only a small amount of that feeling as you're already travelling at a high speed in the plane, it's just a change of direction and so it feels a lot less intense. Plus at least bungee jumping you've got to throw yourself out, whereas skydiving some guy is strapped to the back of you and will chuck you out!

I once fell off the roof of my mobile home but I did a commando roll when I landed and would have come away unscathed if it wasn't for the roofing nails in my back pocket.

I'm not sure how I can apply your experience going into tomorrow but we shall see haha.

Feed em rice.
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2017, 12:20:07 PM »

15 years ago I did a 2 day course followed by a solo jump at 3000 ft with the parachute being opened as you left the plane, you then had a radio so that you could be talked down. Square parachute so it was a simple landing.

Day two of the course was too windy so we could not jump, they just said come back later in the week and we can put you in a plane and have a go then. On the day I went back It turned out that there was a few free fall parachutists in the plane who were going to 12k feet, so they just dropped me off on the way up, I was not left with much time to worry about it - just it's your turn - Go.

It is expensive and not exactly popular with family or work, so I decided to take up scuba diving instead.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2017, 12:25:02 PM »

Did It in Vegas and loved it !

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2017, 12:28:19 PM »

Bloody hell I don't reckon I could manage a solo jump for a first time jump. Good to hear a more positive reply though!

Feed em rice.
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2017, 03:10:17 PM »

I did a tandem jump, think you have to do x amount before you're allowed a solo one.

Was meant to be at 9am so I didn't eat. But it was cloudy, ended up being at 1400 and I still hadn't eaten. The flight up I went silent and the guy I was with was a little worried. Fear hit me... Then the adrenaline hit me and I kinda whitied on the way down and nearly threw up, even the guy I was attached too said I was stupid for not eating... I had no colour in me at all

Saying that it was good and I'd probably do it again.

lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2017, 09:34:01 PM »

I've actually heard bungee jumping is worse as you accelerate from 0mph- terminal velocity and so experience that horrible stomach drop sensation. With skydiving I've heard it's only a small amount of that feeling as you're already travelling at a high speed in the plane, it's just a change of direction and so it feels a lot less intense.

You will still accelerate at the same rate from the plane as you will from a bungee jump

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2017, 10:10:07 PM »

I did a bungee jump and a skydive in Cairns, Australia in 2008.....bungee jump is by far the 'worst' of the 2. Its the height perception thing, and the fact you have to go against everything you know and physically throw yourself off a ledge. I think I also blacked out.

Skydiving was a walk in the park after that, though flying doesn't bother me.

Would I do either again? Yes to skydive, and probably a no to bungee jumping. I actually bottled another jump in New Zealand in 2010 so I think that's a 'once and never again' activity for me.

Best Bitter.
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2017, 10:25:43 PM »

Well I'm checked in and ready to go after precisely 0 sleep last night. At least it should be over in an hour or two!

How was it in Cairns? I'm jumping from airlie beach today, over the Whitsundays. Not sure I'll be able to appreciate the view!

Feed em rice.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: