blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:23:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Official cryptocurrency thread (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Altcoin)
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 ... 88 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official cryptocurrency thread (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Altcoin)  (Read 302018 times)
nuros

View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: October 25, 2018, 01:26:22 PM »

Read this and thought might as well click link and sign up, didn't realise it was an invite thing so I think they've sent a verifaction mail to you Jamier, sorry about that!

Ha. It would seem they have attempted to cloak it in mystery to make it sound more attractive! No worries have clicked a button for you - it looks like I get extra worthless points for this effort anyway Wink

Haha thanks, extra worthless points all round!
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: October 25, 2018, 08:18:50 PM »

After that there was just the written equivalent of white noise. Maybe i’m just not bright enough to understand.

TLDR New technology means we can make a form of payment without 3rd party. Not at mercy of centalised authority, can be sure that fraudulent activity hasn't occurred on the network and that every transaction is entirely immutable.

There are people that don't think that this is a big deal which is fine- the banks and financial systems in Europe have been very reliable for them for a couple of generations. Quite a few of us have been able spend and store our money without much difficulty and without money losing value at a speed that is negligible over short periods of time.

There are also a lot of people that disagree with the fact that bitcoin is the most trust worthy financial network in the world and has the potential to grow exponentially, that's also fine, but those people aren't asking questions either.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: October 25, 2018, 08:27:26 PM »

Guys.

Crypto been a boat I missed, but rather than read the 100 odd pages here, a couple of cliffs questions.

Has anyone actually cashed/part cashed in and made a fortune/life changer here?

Is it still on the rise and you are all still sat on paper fortunes?

Thanks

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: October 26, 2018, 05:18:47 PM »

https://www.epsilontheory.com/things-fall-apart-part-3-markets/

"God help us, but there’s an argument for Bitcoin here."

Don't want to answer too directly Adz but yes to the first one, taken cash throughout and enough to move from poker to crypto trading, I trade relatively small positions short term I'd say compared to actual traders but I spend all my time reading and thinking about crypto pretty much.

Not really on the rise, steadily down with some bounces is the easiest way to put things I guess. Can see some easy charts on livecoinwatch.com or coinmarketcap.com

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: October 26, 2018, 09:45:09 PM »

Don't want to answer too directly Adz but yes to the first one, taken cash throughout and enough to move from poker to crypto trading, I trade relatively small positions short term I'd say compared to actual traders but I spend all my time reading and thinking about crypto pretty much.

Not really on the rise, steadily down with some bounces is the easiest way to put things I guess. Can see some easy charts on livecoinwatch.com or coinmarketcap.com

Thanks mate

Its good to know that all the hype is working if you put the time in etc.

I did get the impression that if you bought at the right time, you could be abso rolling in it, cash out, live on a beach etc. I guess if that had happened to every early crypto investor we would all know by now.

Nice to hear its profitable nonetheless

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: October 30, 2018, 09:10:50 AM »

The linked piece was a really interesting read, thanks.
I assume you’ve also read Parts 1 & 2 which are also very thought provoking.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: November 19, 2018, 11:52:53 AM »

https://digitexfutures.com/exchange/

anyone heard of this?  Any opinions?
Mango99
Donk King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1147 on: November 19, 2018, 03:41:15 PM »

Was an interesting (though not unexpected) change in market positions of XRP and ETH last week. How long until XRP/BTC flippening? 6 months, or sooner?
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: November 19, 2018, 07:19:41 PM »

Some of the current bitcoin commentary is pretty hilarious - below 5k dollars now and people still trying to call likely bottoms, chart resistance and trends.

Made me wonder if people who sell goods or services in btc, convert to fiat instantly to ensure they collect the level of cash that they expected to from what I assume must be constantly fluctuating btc prices.

Assume most do as I can't imagine how you would run your business with such a high degree of 'currency' fluctuation and volatility.

This then, seems to really beg the original question that most sceptics would have in terms of the utility and benefits that accrue to any business making it's offer in btc.

It's money Jim, but not as we know it (deep insight, wahahaha)

sola virtus nobilitat
SuperJez

View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: November 20, 2018, 12:07:01 PM »

Click to see full-size image.
acegooner

View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: November 20, 2018, 06:40:18 PM »

Some of the current bitcoin commentary is pretty hilarious - below 5k dollars now and people still trying to call likely bottoms, chart resistance and trends.

Made me wonder if people who sell goods or services in btc, convert to fiat instantly to ensure they collect the level of cash that they expected to from what I assume must be constantly fluctuating btc prices.

Assume most do as I can't imagine how you would run your business with such a high degree of 'currency' fluctuation and volatility.

This then, seems to really beg the original question that most sceptics would have in terms of the utility and benefits that accrue to any business making it's offer in btc.

It's money Jim, but not as we know it (deep insight, wahahaha)

Well bitcoin is around $4.6k now, who has their hands on the table trying to catch that falling knife?

I had a very crude target price of $2k but does anyone truly know what the bottom will be, I certainly don't. One so called expert said he was abandoning his plan to purchase a property and pile into Bitcoin at his target price of $4.8k. The same person is now selling bitcoin hoodies to make ends meet.

The US having a trade war with China will have more of an impact in the real world over the next year or two than Bitcoin imo. We should be worried about Macro Economic issues over fad currencies.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: November 21, 2018, 11:07:27 AM »

$4.1k and were all in

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: November 21, 2018, 11:12:35 AM »

There was a hypothetical question om Twitter yesterday, something like this;

If you were owed a sum of money - let's say it was £10,000 - and were given the choice, would you rather it was paid in traditional cash, or in Bitcoin?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: November 22, 2018, 04:55:53 AM »

There was a hypothetical question om Twitter yesterday, something like this;

If you were owed a sum of money - let's say it was £10,000 - and were given the choice, would you rather it was paid in traditional cash, or in Bitcoin?

In this case you'd take cash because you have the option to buy BTC with it.

Does the question come with a time frame where you can't spend it? Something like: 'Would you rather be given £10,000 in cash or £10,000 worth of BTC (at current prices) if you can't touch it for 5 years'.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: November 23, 2018, 09:05:39 AM »

Bitcoin price crash is causing mass cryptocurrency mine shut downs and bankruptcies

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/bitcoin-price-crash-cryptocurrency-mining-bankrupt-china-bitmain-giga-watt-a8646821.html

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 ... 88 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: