blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:55:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Is it really that bad?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is it really that bad?  (Read 7423 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2017, 09:46:21 AM »

Doesn't feel right the way BBC are running the interview as headlines sports news.

Well they've been stuffing women's sport down our throats for months now, so this just seems a continued trend in that direction.

I really would love to find out how many clicks women's football gets compared with, say, the big Championship news on their site. If lots of people are interested in it/clicking, then fair enough, but I am sceptical.

100% agree.

Today's lead sports story on BBC Breakfast was...................Womens rugby.

Is it really providing a service to the licence fee payer to constantly lead with minority sports which frankly no one really has any interest in?

I don't watch rugby, but surely the World Cup final is legit?  Early stages of the EFL cup is hardly news.   It was a pretty quiet day for sports news. I am struggling to think what you think should be above it. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2017, 12:02:49 PM »

The BBC are really starting to piss me off! Its a constant ram raid of minority and Women's sports. They even had over 75 hockey on the news this morning!  Their approach to diversity is as subtle as a brick and whilst I get the need for more variety and diversity in the world, they are taking it too far! Deliberately putting Women's rugby and football before other sports on the radio is just crap! It should be based on what's popular and what the audience want to know not what their agenda is.  Every panel line up and news programme and feature now has to have full representation at the cost of quality punditry. It's like a tick box exercise for them... Have we got a woman? Yes, have we got a man? Yes, what about a disabled person??  Oh yeah lets give that black guy who used to play wheelchair basketball a ring, oh and ensure that boring Jermain Jenas has a seat on MOTD even though he is utter turd!!

The recent publication of wage gaps was badly handled and they were just looking for sensationlist reactions to the issue without fairly reporting the analysis (see the Dan walker vs Louise Minchin example).  They are this week running a story about Mark Wahlberg getting paid more than any female actress. Who fucking cares?!! If he's negotiated a better deal than his female equivilents then so what?

The recent athletics coverage was embarassing at times. They are no longer fair and impartial. The way they spoke to the lady from the IAAF about the decision to not let the Botswanan guy run was a disgrace. They followed the rules and the advice of Doctors.  She answered the tick-box panel's questions over and over again and still they got aggressive with her asking the same questions again and again. It was clear they had an opinion and were biased rather than just trying to report what was true.

They should make the BBC a true subscription service and give us all an option not to pay our licence fee.

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2017, 12:14:06 PM »

Doesn't feel right the way BBC are running the interview as headlines sports news.

Well they've been stuffing women's sport down our throats for months now, so this just seems a continued trend in that direction.

I really would love to find out how many clicks women's football gets compared with, say, the big Championship news on their site. If lots of people are interested in it/clicking, then fair enough, but I am sceptical.

100% agree.

Is it really providing a service to the licence fee payer to constantly lead with minority sports which frankly no one really has any interest in?

I don't watch rugby, but surely the World Cup final is legit?  Early stages of the EFL cup is hardly news.   It was a pretty quiet day for sports news. I am struggling to think what you think should be above it.  

EFL Cup with some upsets last night is of significantly more interest to most than womens rugby. Cant find the attendance but there looked to be may be 1,000 people there? It just isn't worth reporting as headline sports news on a national channel.

How about a report about the up coming Ebor meeting or Mayweather fight? Or on the latest cricket news?

What about the current World Badminton Championships? The UFC fighter failing a drug test? Or cycling, Vuelta a Espana from yesterday?

There are dozens of sports that have more viewers, interest and participants than womens rugby.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2017, 12:21:59 PM »

I like girls. 

The older I get, the better I was.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2017, 01:35:18 PM »

I like girls.  

I love girls and I love boys too, I love lots of things.  I love sport as well and I want to see popular sports reported well. I don't want to see unpopular sports of a really low general standard shoved in front of me and expecting me to like them - all in the pursuit of a forced agenda.

If I wanted to have a forced agenda shoved down my throat at weekends and feel comfortbale being told what I am supposed to like for no good reason then I'd attend my local church.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 01:37:12 PM by Junior Senior » Logged
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2017, 01:52:20 PM »

It's the BBC - part of their remit is to not be super commercial all the time. They *should* be giving airtime to minority sports that are not covered elsewhere.

If you want to watch people cream themselves over the 2nd round of the EFL Cup then Sky Sports News is available.

It's not as if the BBC interrupted live coverage of the men's 100m final in the Olympics to show lacrosse or netball.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2017, 02:47:30 PM »

It's the BBC - part of their remit is to not be super commercial all the time. They *should* be giving airtime to minority sports that are not covered elsewhere.

If you want to watch people cream themselves over the 2nd round of the EFL Cup then Sky Sports News is available.

It's not as if the BBC interrupted live coverage of the men's 100m final in the Olympics to show lacrosse or netball.

That's fair enough - the problem is the BBC seem to only be covering womens football, cricket, rugby etc.

What about the dozens of other minority sports they ignore?

In your example why cover womens rugby over say, world badminton?

Its an obsession with gender equality that is driving their agenda not covering minority sports in general.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2017, 04:11:34 PM »

Just found this.  Eni Aluko has said a lot more here than she did on the BBC.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/21/eni-aluko-england-manager-mark-sampson-ebola

and Lianne Sanderson has spoken out to.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41019789

Shows the perils of TV news stories vs those in print.  I am much more inclined to side with Aluko now. 

Oh and lol at the lead story should have been more banal blatherings about the Mayweather/MacGregor shitshow. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2017, 04:17:06 PM »

100% agree.

I don't watch rugby, but surely the World Cup final is legit?  Early stages of the EFL cup is hardly news.   It was a pretty quiet day for sports news. I am struggling to think what you think should be above it. 

Out of interest did they report it as the first England team to reach a world cup final since 2003?

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2017, 04:31:31 PM »

Just found this.  Eni Aluko has said a lot more here than she did on the BBC.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/21/eni-aluko-england-manager-mark-sampson-ebola

and Lianne Sanderson has spoken out to.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41019789

Shows the perils of TV news stories vs those in print.  I am much more inclined to side with Aluko now. 

Oh and lol at the lead story should have been more banal blatherings about the Mayweather/MacGregor shitshow. 

I mentioned Mayweather/McGregor as one example of a current sport story AND five other examples of what they might have included in their sports bulletin but ignored by the BBC in favour of a sport watched by a tiny tiny percentage even of sports fans.

They are trying to shape the sports being watched to suit a PC agenda rather than just reporting on sports that the public wants news about.

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2017, 01:26:13 PM »

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/eni-aluko-hits-out-at-selfish-england-women-after-public-show-of-support-for-under-fire-boss-mark-sampson/ar-AAsfkeB?ocid=spartandhp

And still it goes on. She seems to be a strange individual, criticising players for celebrating winning. How dare they!!! Clearly she thinks the world revolves around her.

Interesting to see the BBC still leading with "Sampson accused of racism and bullying but cleared by two independent enquiries" line. They must have used that in dozens of sports news bulletins now.

Trial by media seems to be alive and well.
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2017, 02:09:38 PM »

How come the women players havent learnt to dive 10 yards across pitch and roll around in fake agony yet?

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2017, 03:27:18 PM »

Just announced Sampson leaving job.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2017, 03:27:57 PM »

How come the women players havent learnt to dive 10 yards across pitch and roll around in fake agony yet?

Grin

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2017, 03:48:43 PM »

Just announced Sampson leaving job.

Just read it is new allegations, and not because of Aluko.  Story takes an unexpected turn?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: