blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:53:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The 49 & 1 Mayweather McGregor banter thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The 49 & 1 Mayweather McGregor banter thread  (Read 28920 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2017, 04:53:51 PM »

Epitomises the dream, I guess.

Gone from claiming welfare, to a multiple weight world champion, in organisations both sides of the pond.

Loud, brash, and lairy, but seemingly very good with the public.

Exciting to watch, doesn't give a fuck, and will fight anyone.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2017, 04:56:00 PM »

"Latest reports from Vegas are 92% of bets are on #McGregor but 82% of the money is on #Mayweather. Classic example of a sharp/public split"

genuine question

why is mcgregor so popular? is it his sport? irish? good at PR?

i don't know his background that well but he does nothing for me in a sporting context (never watched mma/ufc)

If 82% of the money is on Mayweather at 1/4 or 2/9 then the vegas books should literally just be nicking the juice risk free.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2017, 05:26:05 PM »

"Latest reports from Vegas are 92% of bets are on #McGregor but 82% of the money is on #Mayweather. Classic example of a sharp/public split"

genuine question

i don't know his background that well but he does nothing for me in a sporting context (never watched mma/ufc)

My girlfriend, who, hitherto, had shown as much interest in gambling as the most devout Presbyterian minister said to me yesterday 'can you help me put a bet on the fight?'

Now, she wants to bet on Mayweather (she's a Yank) but nevertheless, this is the first interest she's had in any sport at all.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2017, 05:37:39 PM »

genuine question

My girlfriend, who, hitherto, had shown as much interest in gambling as the most devout Presbyterian minister said to me yesterday 'can you help me put a bet on the fight?'

Now, she wants to bet on Mayweather (she's a Yank) but nevertheless, this is the first interest she's had in any sport at all.

As an aside to this i was in my local betfred in town this morning for ten minutes briefly reading the racing post and 4 different random people came in around 11am! asking to have a bet on the fight who i have never seen in the shop before.  Quite incredible the level of public interest in the circus.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2017, 05:46:40 PM »

genuine question

As an aside to this i was in my local betfred in town this morning for ten minutes briefly reading the racing post and 4 different random people came in around 11am! asking to have a bet on the fight who i have never seen in the shop before.  Quite incredible the level of public interest in the circus.

I'm expectIng the market to move back on drunkenness alone tonight. 1/3 Mayweather in the morning :-)
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2017, 09:04:55 PM »

The weigh in is at 11pm (possibly until midnight) on Sky Sports news and via http://www.skysports.com/mayweather-vs-mcgregor/news/35588/11005226/1

Nathan Cleverly fans aside, try skipping the first 30 mins.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 09:06:50 PM by McGlashan » Logged
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2017, 10:32:47 PM »

Make it 11pm. Undecard fighter weigh ins are under way.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2017, 10:59:09 PM »

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/20448655/1-million-bets-come-floyd-mayweather-ahead-conor-mcgregor-showdown

Still plenty of non price sensitive mug punters around in vegas it seems.  Imagine having a mill ball on something at 2/11 when you could get 1/4!
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2017, 11:19:31 PM »

149.5 Floyd
153 McGregor
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2017, 11:21:40 PM »

How much paddypower have to pay for those boxer shorts at the weigh in you reckon?
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2017, 11:22:51 PM »

The commentator said McGregor could put on nearly a stone on overight and it's common for MMA fighters to do so after the weigh in.

Did I hear that right?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2017, 11:24:27 PM »

The commentator said McGregor could put on nearly a stone on overight and it's common for MMA fighters to do so after the weigh in.

Did I hear that right?

Yes totally normal. 
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2017, 11:26:52 PM »

But not boxers? Seems crazy that an athlete's body can do that overnight.

Thanks for this thread lads been a good add-on to the build up for me
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2017, 11:27:24 PM »

Tyron Woodley, who is the 170lb champion in the UFC, walks around at ~205lbs.

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2017, 11:32:21 PM »

But not boxers? Seems crazy that an athlete's body can do that overnight.

Thanks for this thread lads been a good add-on to the build up for me

Boxers do it as well although not to the same extent as UFC fighters. There will be a fair old size difference by tomorrow night as Floyd isn't one who cuts, he walks around at roughly what he came in at tonight so will likely be at least a stone between them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: