blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:45:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Apprentice 2018 thread
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Apprentice 2018 thread  (Read 49096 times)
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 13, 2017, 10:17:32 PM »

Sugar already had one recruitment consultant: Ricky Martin. If he has done well then James has this in the bag, no contest.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 13, 2017, 11:57:28 PM »

Ricky Martin done well yeh - he was even an interviewer one year recently!!

I think Micheala kind of blew it this episode, she is certainly the most credible in terms of the business plan and background plus her performance in the tasks has been good, think it was just an overall poor performance from her really.

Joanna and Elizabeth out their depths here, I found the line "Believe it or not Elizabeth I do really like you" quite funny, James got fired from his £200k a year job, which I would have thought would have gotten dragged up some more but was barely mentioned, once he got past that he looked to be a strong favourite...I think Sarah strolled in by the fact that she ticks pretty much every box, just a bit boring Sad

I think it's defo the most interesting heads up match out of the 5 possible. I've pressed on Sarah, because she's my girl and I need to try get my money back!!!

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 13, 2017, 11:58:15 PM »

Would love to see 15 blondes on a 'blonde apprentice'.  Wonder who would win?  Wonder who the runners and riders would be?

Well everyone on here seems to be such
Would love to see 15 blondes on a 'blonde apprentice'.  Wonder who would win?  Wonder who the runners and riders would be?
Incredible how terrible they all are

Rinswun would win I'm sure!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 14, 2017, 12:00:21 AM »

Ricky Martin done well yeh - he was even an interviewer one year recently!!

I think Micheala kind of blew it this episode, she is certainly the most credible in terms of the business plan and background plus her performance in the tasks has been good, think it was just an overall poor performance from her really.

Joanna and Elizabeth out their depths here, I found the line "Believe it or not Elizabeth I do really like you" quite funny, James got fired from his £200k a year job, which I would have thought would have gotten dragged up some more but was barely mentioned, once he got past that he looked to be a strong favourite...I think Sarah strolled in by the fact that she ticks pretty much every box, just a bit boring Sad

I think it's defo the most interesting heads up match out of the 5 possible. I've pressed on Sarah, because she's my girl and I need to try get my money back!!!

And I've pressed on James cos he's my man and I'm only gambling like 7% of my apprentice profits muhahaha Tongue

If only pads had had a flutter on his pick Joanna!

/smug post

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 14, 2017, 12:01:59 AM »

It was only ever those 3 and I think if Michaela had said "I'll quit my other businesses and focus on this with you Alan" then she'd have got there.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: December 14, 2017, 12:28:24 AM »

So Sarah (sweets), Elizabeth (flowers), Joanna (clothes) all presented commodity businesses. One commodity business is always in the final so Alan can give his whole "but I'm a product man" shit. If someone comes up with an original product then even better, they get in by default if they aren't a complete tool. Clothes was obviously never going to make it especially as the business plan was horrific - who wants to invest in a reseller. I thought could make a good case for flowers or sweets to make it and was a bit gutted Elizabeth didn't beat Sarah.

In terms of the services I thought it was pretty absurd to take James over Michaela. The website Michaela was proposing will crush it if executed well.

After seeing the business plans I would have loved an Elizabeth vs Michaela final but now we have two shit business plans by two boring but smart people. I think he ends up with Sarah FWIW, she's just easier to work with and has a lot of stuff in place already so his £250k isn't a complete write off.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 14, 2017, 12:52:27 AM »

That must be one of the worst decisions Sugar has ever made. Fire someone with a proven record and a decent business idea, who has a realistic possibility of mega returns, in favour of yet another recruitment consultant who fancies going out on his own, who has no experience of running a business, and won't make the same returns even if he is successful. Inexplicable decision.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 14, 2017, 03:34:47 AM »

Im pretty shocked the PM didnt get fired, she was responsible for all of the biggest fuck ups and got off fairly lightly in the boardroom.

You could tell she was never going though. She's favourite to win the whole thing imo and pretty much no bad she fucked up here she was gonna survive imo.

Elliot always going there, Sugar hates candidates like him.

Hating Siobhan massive, even though she's in my team. What a horrible person to have to deal with.

Liking my boys James and Andrew and also Bushra is strong. 

Would like to bet James/Sarah Lynn and evens for fun sweat vs last nights pm.

Anybody interested?

fk sake Cheesy

just saw joanna thing btw alex, would have probably bet i think, think she had a very hard time.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 14, 2017, 03:46:40 AM »

THANK YOU FOR APPLYING!

Your applicant ID number is: b2933a-1-335308

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: December 14, 2017, 09:35:35 AM »

THANK YOU FOR APPLYING!

Your applicant ID number is: b2933a-1-335308

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 14, 2017, 06:32:20 PM »

This has to be one of the weakest final two we've had?

After hearing the plans I thought Micahela was nailed on to win but then he goes and fires her because she's essentially been too successful at being an entraproneur. Wtf.

Regards

C

Blue text
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 14, 2017, 07:20:56 PM »

I dont really think Sarah is that weak? She's completely composed, been so sensible throughout, been great in the boardroom, everyone respected her, no major mistakes and has a business that has survived and made money for 8 years. I think people are confusing her with being a little boring, which she is.

What she is though is a completely safe bet - James is young, unproven and going into the toughest market around, could easily burn through the £250k. Sarah is just never ever dusting the £250k - she's literally nailed on to make him a return of some sort and won't really need that much attention in the long run...and as much as he talks a big game Sugar about being a gambler he's literally played it safe in every spot in all past seasons.

Think she's incredibly credible and if she rolled into a bank to try get a business loan she's get it 10/10 times.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 14, 2017, 07:28:00 PM »

I dont really think Sarah is that weak? She's completely composed, been so sensible throughout, been great in the boardroom, everyone respected her, no major mistakes and has a business that has survived and made money for 8 years. I think people are confusing her with being a little boring, which she is.

What she is though is a completely safe bet - James is young, unproven and going into the toughest market around, could easily burn through the £250k. Sarah is just never ever dusting the £250k - she's literally nailed on to make him a return of some sort and won't really need that much attention in the long run...and as much as he talks a big game Sugar about being a gambler he's literally played it safe in every spot in all past seasons.

Think she's incredibly credible and if she rolled into a bank to try get a business loan she's get it 10/10 times.

She looks/acts like a couple of girls i trained as an accountant with 20 years ago.  Proper nits who are built to count other people's money for a living rather than make their own.  She is solid enough but Sugar keeps banging on about it isn't about being safe and he wants big numbers.  How the fuck you going to make big numbers out of selling over priced pick and mix, put in a fancy jar with a bow on top?

Sugar is the real bore of the whole show for me more than the contestants.  Think its time for a proper gambler to step in to his shoes and take some risks.  His jokes are getting very dull as well.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 14, 2017, 09:30:50 PM »

yeah agree, he always says "I'm a gambler" and takes the safe option every single time without fail. Alan mate, you're in your 70s you're worth £1bn just have some fucking fun and a punt with the £250k, will make more than that from the show anyway.

He not fancy a challenge - can he turn Elizabeths little florists into a milion pound business? That would be a good achievement.

Why the fuck a 70 yr old billionaire would want to invest in a recruitment agency is beyond me.

edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 14, 2017, 10:13:51 PM »

For the business he backs he will almost certainly cop £150k of SEIS and £100k of EIS anyway.

I won't bore on about those here but the risk to capital to Suralan is pitiful and, I suppose fairly evidently given the 'talent' on show, the programme has no need for the end-backed business to actually do any good. Capped downside, gte'd publicity-based upside.

Allez!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: