blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:46:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Apprentice 2018 thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Apprentice 2018 thread  (Read 49060 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2017, 06:36:26 PM »

Im pretty shocked the PM didnt get fired, she was responsible for all of the biggest fuck ups and got off fairly lightly in the boardroom.

You could tell she was never going though. She's favourite to win the whole thing imo and pretty much no bad she fucked up here she was gonna survive imo.

Elliot always going there, Sugar hates candidates like him.

Hating Siobhan massive, even though she's in my team. What a horrible person to have to deal with.

Liking my boys James and Andrew and also Bushra is strong. 

Would like to bet James/Sarah Lynn and evens for fun sweat vs last nights pm.

Anybody interested?

I'll take Micheala vs James @ evens for a sweat - last longest or no win no bet?

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2017, 06:36:51 PM »

Wish I didn't have Ross, why oh why do I have Ross Sad

dakky

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2017, 11:08:07 PM »

Elizabeth ftw
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2017, 07:53:06 AM »

That was the most cringeworthy one yet.

Harrison singing ONE song, and they accepted it. You have to be kidding!!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2017, 09:20:08 AM »

GTFO

Regards

B

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2017, 09:43:00 AM »

Paper plates of wotsits and crisps on arrival.
 Bring your own soft drink to a 2.5K wembley box.
 Run out of welcome champagne....run and buy more.
 Run out of wine....repeat.
 Waiter "sings" a song...not even "Abide with me"!

wtf, you can not pay in full....the clients knew it was a "task" and they could and should have made a reduction.

Regards
Ri
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2017, 02:06:39 PM »

Rule 6.
Fired with regret.

If you're fired "with regret" at any point.

+£300
(Win £100 from each player)

Managed to lose my biggest donk in style last night! GTFO Siobahn

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2017, 12:54:55 AM »

£2.5k for a box at Wembley for 14 people with the booze and a 3 course meal thrown in??? sign me up for that please!

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2017, 08:18:32 AM »

Rule 6.
Fired with regret.

If you're fired "with regret" at any point.

+£300
(Win £100 from each player)

Managed to lose my biggest donk in style last night! GTFO Siobahn

Somewhat hilariously I think she was unlucky in this instance, as glad as I am to see the back of her

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2017, 09:26:55 PM »

TBF I think the boys probably deserved to win it purely because whereas they put on a much worse show they kind of knew that making loads of money was the key to winning and that was the main focus, above client satisfaction. There biggest donk off was not buying more booze as they obviously were going to have to get more at some point and do their brains on the bar.

Think this was a pretty simple task really.

Dont go for some crazy £6k experience which you're not capable of providing, offer a good value piss up. Get some nice champagne as people will be stone sober when they drink that, then go to the wholesaler and buy 2x bottles of gin 2x bottles of vodka, 2x bottles of run and several 2L bottles of coke and lemonade, 1big box of beers and 6 decent bottles of red and white wine, that'll cost about £250 with a load of bags of ice and some lemons and limes. Get some decent but not too OTT food (3 courses) at about £25 a head max - £350. Have 2 of your guys behind a little makeshift bar make sure everyone has a drink.

Dont bother with entertainment for £700 or something, get like a football quiz or something organised themselves. Have someone with some personality hosting it, when they say they got £2500 to spend, tell em you'll do it for 2 bags for the whole thing which is a fucking bargain for a wembley day out and if the food was paletable, everyone has had plenty to drink and had a bit of a laugh theres no way they'll ask for any money when you've promised a friendly day out.

Girls went too fancy, couldn't get paid for it.

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2017, 10:07:59 PM »

TBF I think the boys probably deserved to win it purely because whereas they put on a much worse show they kind of knew that making loads of money was the key to winning and that was the main focus, above client satisfaction. There biggest donk off was not buying more booze as they obviously were going to have to get more at some point and do their brains on the bar.

Think this was a pretty simple task really.

Dont go for some crazy £6k experience which you're not capable of providing, offer a good value piss up. Get some nice champagne as people will be stone sober when they drink that, then go to the wholesaler and buy 2x bottles of gin 2x bottles of vodka, 2x bottles of run and several 2L bottles of coke and lemonade, 1big box of beers and 6 decent bottles of red and white wine, that'll cost about £250 with a load of bags of ice and some lemons and limes. Get some decent but not too OTT food (3 courses) at about £25 a head max - £350. Have 2 of your guys behind a little makeshift bar make sure everyone has a drink.

Dont bother with entertainment for £700 or something, get like a football quiz or something organised themselves. Have someone with some personality hosting it, when they say they got £2500 to spend, tell em you'll do it for 2 bags for the whole thing which is a fucking bargain for a wembley day out and if the food was paletable, everyone has had plenty to drink and had a bit of a laugh theres no way they'll ask for any money when you've promised a friendly day out.

Girls went too fancy, couldn't get paid for it.

Your right but the task does seem joke limited in some regards. Remember the drive around London task that doesn't allow google? Pretty sure they had to buy the overpriced booze, which is what made the women's decision terrible, despite how awful the shots of the team running back to the bar were. Not a single muggle in shot btw. kinda awkward for tv.

Thought about offering women at 6/5 for the first 3 rounds as they have lost the last umpteen from memory. Glad to be proved wrong here.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2017, 09:32:02 AM »

well if they were forced to buy the over-priced alcohol then thats very silly. Boys were right to be ulta stingy if so, seems weird they would put that restriction on.

I do remember the driving round London without google, and thinking wtf was the point of that? Lord Sugar needs a business partner not a navigator, who the fuck cares if you know your way around London if you got a smart phone! Some of them aren't even from London!!! London is really big too!

4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2017, 09:57:25 AM »

It's standard practice:

If you want to do a Corporate gig at Wmbley (or any other premium site for that matter), you have to use the house catering inc. booze. Would be naive of Wembly management to allow use of Costco/Bookers/Tesco product in their boxes, no?

Agree about the entertainment, though. Both clients said "nothing awkward", and my pref would have stopped at the first word, but I suspect that one of the T&C's from AS was that they MUST provide some form of entertainment. Would definitely have ditched Bushra's botched pressie, but more the PM's error than hers.

Regards
4KS
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2017, 01:16:02 PM »

It's standard practice:

If you want to do a Corporate gig at Wmbley (or any other premium site for that matter), you have to use the house catering inc. booze. Would be naive of Wembly management to allow use of Costco/Bookers/Tesco product in their boxes, no?

Agree about the entertainment, though. Both clients said "nothing awkward", and my pref would have stopped at the first word, but I suspect that one of the T&C's from AS was that they MUST provide some form of entertainment. Would definitely have ditched Bushra's botched pressie, but more the PM's error than hers.

Regards
4KS

Ahhhhhhh yes. You're right, of course.

Agree entertainment was bad call, some sort of high morale thing when everyone is pissed would have been my preference.

Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2017, 11:55:39 PM »

The task was really limited, they had to go with the caterer no matter what and couldnt negotiate the price and there were limited options from them.
They had to go with the overpriced booze from the supplier
Limited entertainment options, not much room to negotiate (£750 for a 30 min crap magic show!!! wowzers!!!!!!)
Then the client is telling them they want 3 hot courses, champagne reception and free booze for the duration for a max £2.5k and they kinda have to take it because there isnt any other clients to pitch to.

Being able to restock the bar mid-task seems to defeat the purpose of ordering in advance and eliminates the sweat of running out.  Since that was an option its pretty incredible that they wouldnt just order the absolute minimum and reload as they need it

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: