blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:59:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Apprentice 2018 thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Apprentice 2018 thread  (Read 49107 times)
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2017, 07:39:47 PM »

Wish I didn't have Ross, why oh why do I have Ross Sad

Well, you can stop gnashing your teeth now.

The only surprise in this episode (disappointing, overall, IMO) was that he let the other two incompetents go back to the house. I also get the impression that there's more action in the house than there is on the tasks.
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2017, 11:32:04 PM »

Wish I didn't have Ross, why oh why do I have Ross Sad

Well, you can stop gnashing your teeth now.

The only surprise in this episode (disappointing, overall, IMO) was that he let the other two incompetents go back to the house. I also get the impression that there's more action in the house than there is on the tasks.

The wife told me that she read somewhere when the series started that several of the candidates are sleeping together in the house and its supposedly causing a lot of the tension.

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2017, 09:44:39 AM »

God what a mess. Feels a bit brutal the late fine was a fixed £100. Wtf was the strategy about asking everyone for a Spurs scarf? The found one in a fairly obvious tourist shop but surely there must have been umpteen sports shops. The women selling the Amstrad got absolutely bullied by the cameras, I felt kinda bad for here. She got pillaged by two teams competing for the same item!

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2017, 12:22:25 PM »

The task was really limited, they had to go with the caterer no matter what and couldnt negotiate the price and there were limited options from them.
They had to go with the overpriced booze from the supplier
Limited entertainment options, not much room to negotiate (£750 for a 30 min crap magic show!!! wowzers!!!!!!)
Then the client is telling them they want 3 hot courses, champagne reception and free booze for the duration for a max £2.5k and they kinda have to take it because there isnt any other clients to pitch to.

Being able to restock the bar mid-task seems to defeat the purpose of ordering in advance and eliminates the sweat of running out.  Since that was an option its pretty incredible that they wouldnt just order the absolute minimum and reload as they need it

Agreed it was pretty limited, but did anyone else think there was more budget available?

Surely the conversation with the clients should have been, what would you like, the price for that is this, oh your budget is that, unfortunately at that price we cant offer unlimited alcohol it would be half a bottle per person, but for an extra £500 we guarantee to get you all super smashed so lets call it £3k.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2017, 01:38:49 PM »

God what a mess. Feels a bit brutal the late fine was a fixed £100. Wtf was the strategy about asking everyone for a Spurs scarf? The found one in a fairly obvious tourist shop but surely there must have been umpteen sports shops. The women selling the Amstrad got absolutely bullied by the cameras, I felt kinda bad for here. She got pillaged by two teams competing for the same item!

Difficult to judge, but as they were missing a few items, it would have been a better tactic to get all items and be late.
Can't believe they left the "meet half way "guy hanging there with the computer!.

regards

Ri
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2017, 02:47:05 PM »

Man I am raging about this episode, done my brains obviously.

1. Wtf was Harrison thinking chasing that Amstrad computer, what a totally brain dead thing to do. The other team got there first accept and move along, get your bricks sorted and find another Amstrad. That was what cost them, they get the bricks and save that £50 fine, the other team get the handkerchief and save £50 there and maybe they could have spent the 1.5 hrs they wasted finding another Amstrad. Ross was obviously a stupid guy bragging about being a genius to Lord Sugar, genius IQ but knows fuck all about actual life...but that was Harrison's fault that task.

2. Adam, obviously the best way to buy sports memorabilia is from a friend of your local Jewish baker...not somewhere like...oh I don't know...a Sports Shop??

3. Wtf is Sajan doing, offer the guy with the Amstrad an extra £25 to bring it to Westminster...its 5 stops or something on the tube. Clown. Buying a hankey and not embroidering it. Dickhead.

4. These tasks are so obvious. You need to go to places that are close together...find the toughest items to locate (Amstrad doe skin etc) and plan the rest of the purchases geographically.  You can get something from 1947, a Tottenham scarf etc in 1million places. Frantically driving around London obviously never ending well is it. Pretty silly they can't use public transport, obv they need to drive for big things but why the hell can't they tube about for little stuff.

Harrison should have gone frankly if wasn't the fact Karen fancies him he'd have been toast on merit. Ross a weaker candidate though.

Who you reckon banging Who?

Charles and Bushra
Elizabeth and James

4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2017, 06:02:16 PM »

Harrison & Joanna
Andrew & Michaela

Bushra's too canny to get involved with any of the bloke muppets left in there. She probably fancied The Genius, though.

I think it's 95% chance one of the women. My 3 picks are  Bushra, Sarah Jayne and Sarah.

Regards
4KS
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2017, 06:35:17 PM »

Harrison & Joanna
Andrew & Michaela

Bushra's too canny to get involved with any of the bloke muppets left in there. She probably fancied The Genius, though.

I think it's 95% chance one of the women. My 3 picks are  Bushra, Sarah Jayne and Sarah.

Regards
4KS

I was genuinely going to say I reckon James and Jade, googled it and yep!!

Anisa and Andrew apparently another one, when Anisa had a fiance!

Apparently last year Grianne was sleeping with Paul!!!!!!!

No wonder they don't do any bloody work.

4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2017, 06:54:10 PM »

Amazing that you can find out who is banging who by doing a Google search.

Frightened to do one for myself & then see a pic of my right hand 😳

Meanwhile, back on topic, the BBC website states Anisa’s age as 36. Really? If that’s correct then it’s even more surprising that she’s getting it on with the 26-year-old Andrew from Cheshire. She didn’t strike me as one who’d be impressed by a testosterone fuelled, booyaaa shouting chest thumper.

Can’t wait for next Wednesday!

Regards
4KS
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2017, 07:00:18 PM »

Who you reckon banging Who?

Charles and Bushra
Elizabeth and James

I lolled Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2017, 07:12:21 PM »

You didn't see James's cat getting the cream look during the first car journey Smiley

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2017, 04:48:06 AM »

How Charles didn't get fired there I have no idea

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2017, 07:45:55 AM »

How Charles didn't get fired there I have no idea

Funny how desperate Charles is to put himself into the firing line but they just wont let him Smiley Every single week he's there "PLEASE LET ME TRY BE FIRED" and they don't let him.

TBF Sarah J was awful, she literally had no idea what was going on, that's pretty unforgivable in the big guys eyes I think. It's actually quite a rare donk off that, usually they are just shit and lose control, but just basically sat it out, teams had no idea what was going on, Anissa dumped in the brown stuff with her tour guide, put charles in charge of directions when the guy couldn't find his way from his cock to his kneecaps and the commercial work she did behind the scenes were pretty terrible. Did you see how fast the beer guy snapped off every offer they made - whats that? 30 bottles of beer for 95 euros?!?! Shake her hand quickly before she leaves pal. Then the keyrings... 100 euros for 50 keyrings, the guy in the shop must have been on cloud nine, he's not paid more than 10c a piece for them probably. Then they're trying to get £6 a pop for them on the boat.

Yep gotta go . TBH I think Andrew was pretty bloody lucky there too, what a clown, running around like he's in Alicante with his mates. Charles got lost, but it's tough to criticise a man in a vacuum for not knowing his way round a city he's never been too, although undeniably he's the weakest of the 3 ni the boardroom.

Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2017, 02:04:05 PM »

I live to fight another day.

Regards

C

Blue text
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2017, 07:22:04 PM »

Advertising campaign assignment tonight. My favourite task, and I think it may one of Lord Alan's too as he likes to get digs in about advertising types as much as he likes sticking the boot into the legal eagles.

Always opportunities for heroics or Hindenburgs in this episode....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: