blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:09:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Apprentice 2018 thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Apprentice 2018 thread  (Read 49094 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2017, 02:47:25 PM »

Definite to make the final:
Elizabeth, Sarah

Definite to not make the final:
Bushra, Joanna, Jade

Undecided:
James, Harrison, Michaela (although she definitely won't win)

I still owe you £100 from last yr!

Jade vs Elizabeth last longer wash if 5th/4th/3rd?

Booked for £100 I have Elizabeth!

I'm envisioning Apprentice 2024 thread, Dave still hasn't settled up his apprentice debts and offers double or nothing for £6400.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2017, 05:01:23 PM »

Haha with any luck! No doubt BTC will be at £10m by then and I'll still be a bear so it'll all be ok

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 28, 2017, 02:13:04 PM »

Haha with any luck! No doubt BTC will be at £10m by then and I'll still be a bear so it'll all be ok

We made rule that debts have to be settled face to face and with a warm friendly embrace Smiley

4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2017, 10:58:32 PM »

Only a couple of these progress with any real credit after tonight's fiasco.

How on earth can Sarah think that Crusader is an appropriate brand name in today's world? Incredible lack of awareness and sensitivity. But staying calm and articulate under pressure in the boardroom saved her.

Harrison allowed himself to be easily manipulated by Michaela - and is he so naive to think that Jade & Joanna would magically find a way of working cooperatively? Needs to do better next week.

Joanna is just too defensive, taking any slight or rejection of an idea far too personally. Fragile personality and not a team player.

James still needs to grow a pair, and I think he's on his final warning in this respect; Elizabeth completely steam-rollered him, but left herself exposed when failing to deliver on her long list of boastful pre-presentation claims. She reverted to type in this task after last week's good perforance, and she's too bull-headed to realise that she has to stop being such a control freak. She's her own worse enemy.

Jade won the battle of wills with Joanna, but she failed to crack the brand-name, made schoolgirl errors in the packaging and was fortunate to avoid a grilling in the boardroom since the other team were more rubbish than hers. I still fancy her, though. And I think she has a good chance of winning this as long as her business plan stacks up  thumbs up
Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2017, 05:27:31 AM »

Elizabeth, Sarah

Bushra, Joanna, Jade

Undecided:
James, Harrison, Michaela (although she definitely won't win)

Elizabeth, Sarah, James, Michaela

Joanna, Jade, Harrison

Anyone wanna give me 2/1 on Joanna to be the next fired?

Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2017, 05:35:14 AM »

Would also add that I completely hate the way this week was judged. It essentially boiled down to a) who had the better cook on their team b) popularity contest. The branding of the name, box, recipe etc was all completely irrelevant, it was entirely down to who can cook and who can pitch. I'd have had no idea that the word crusade is somehow offensive; personally I found Natrofuel completely bewildering - sounds like some shit protein shake. Should have just had the 4 experts have a vote each and let the audience take the decider.

Bushra had to go the way it played out, she was really insufferable. All talk no doing.

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2017, 02:42:20 PM »

Would also add that I completely hate the way this week was judged. It essentially boiled down to a) who had the better cook on their team b) popularity contest. The branding of the name, box, recipe etc was all completely irrelevant, it was entirely down to who can cook and who can pitch. I'd have had no idea that the word crusade is somehow offensive; personally I found Natrofuel completely bewildering - sounds like some shit protein shake. Should have just had the 4 experts have a vote each and let the audience take the decider.

Bushra had to go the way it played out, she was really insufferable. All talk no doing.

Ul Lil Dave, pretty sure i heard the phrase 'with regret you're fired'

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2017, 11:00:35 AM »

Yep.

I think that in reality Alan has very little sincere regrets.

Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2017, 03:19:45 AM »

Elizabeth, Sarah, James, Michaela

Joanna, Jade, Harrison

GG Dave, can almost get your flights + meal to Edin on the bet Wink

Final 2 is really hard to predict as we don't have much info on their business plan... I think Sarah will win but not too confident. I'll go with Sarah and Elizabeth as final 2. James close third, Michaela fourth, Joanna fifth and no chance.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 07, 2017, 07:47:07 PM »

I think Joanna has to be favourite.

Won 10/12 tasks
2/2 as PM (convincingly both times)
Smashed the task that was in her industry

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 07, 2017, 10:09:51 PM »

Won 10/12 tasks

I'll be generous and give you 4/1 on Joanna win. And trust you won't have looked at any markets that give the final away obv Smiley

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2017, 11:18:37 PM »

Won 10/12 tasks

She was up against two complete idiots. The 2 tasks she didn't win she was in the boardroom for. I'm not convinced she can come up with a good business plan or get it past the interviews. Jade won every task before being fired.

4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 07, 2017, 11:45:13 PM »

Credit to Sarah for being capable of stitching Jade up without an ounce of conscience. Threw the hospital pass on this task and just stood back while Harrison did zip and Jade found herself out of her comfort zone.

In truth, Jade's performance at the catwalk was horrific, and Sarah had nothing to do with the script, it seems.

Really can't see Lord Alan choosing Joanna nor Michaela as his dancing partner, so that just leaves Elizabeth and James along with Sarah. Given we know very little about the business plans, and I'm avoiding the betting markets for clues, it's a tough call.

All things being equal, I think big Liz would be his best bet for the gig. Lady Sugar will be getting fresh flowers every week!
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 08, 2017, 02:19:40 PM »

Looking for Sarah vs Joanna last longer action

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 08, 2017, 02:51:06 PM »

Looking for Sarah vs Joanna last longer action

what odds?  Sarah looks the obvious favourite to me.  I haven't seen any bookie odds all series.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: