blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:04:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Apprentice 2018 thread
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Apprentice 2018 thread  (Read 49100 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 14, 2017, 10:59:19 PM »

I am sure Alan knows the value of the £ as well as the next guy, but the reality is he could throw £250k in the thames and it would not affect him, his business, his family, or future generations of Sugars in the slightest.

I think the problem with the show nowadays is that £250k really isn't enough to attract a high calibre of candidate, if you have a great idea and some experience you can raise that amount of money, not saying it's easier - but it's easier than auditioning for a show, then leaving your business for 12 weeks to do a TV audition. You get Lord Sugar, but you also give away 50%.... doesn't really stack up, I think they should be able to pitch for as much as they want and Sugar can decide, he could easily plough £1m in to the right business, that way might get some real candidates.

Sarah should have just gone to the bank and got £150k or whatever, really didn't need to do this, Micheala too, give away 50%? With her track record, kinda dumb imo.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 15, 2017, 12:23:44 AM »

So many fired wannabes have told us in the taxi that they will show Sugar he has got it wrong and they will earn millions without him anyway. Michaela was the first one I actually believed. I see Harrison is now working for her in one of her companies, demonstrating who was the real contender and who wasn't.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 15, 2017, 01:13:25 AM »

Maybe Alan Sugar is smarter than most.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07269784/filing-history

Collapsed with a massive director's loan outstanding.   

None of these has filed any accounts of any note.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/KEEr5n-hjMr7Sd-UwPZuns_d-tA/appointments

Not many distractions there for her.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 15, 2017, 02:30:35 PM »

Maybe Alan Sugar is smarter than most.

Can certainly agree he's a smart bloke.

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 15, 2017, 11:13:27 PM »

As much as I like Sarah, you go to any school fayre these days and mums working from home are selling plastic cups filled with sweets. Look in any FB group you'll see it too.    Certainly not unique, she's done well to build a business turning over £400k pa doing it.  As for not having a website that works, an off the shelf solution would cost about £25-30 per month and she could be up and running in an hour.

Wouldn't putting that you are a member of an official body on your site when you're not be fraud?  I would have expected that they could even bar him from joining ever again.  Money talks though, I expect it will easily be forgotten.

Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 15, 2017, 11:52:22 PM »

As much as I like Sarah, you go to any school fayre these days and mums working from home are selling plastic cups filled with sweets. Look in any FB group you'll see it too.    Certainly not unique, she's done well to build a business turning over £400k pa doing it.  As for not having a website that works, an off the shelf solution would cost about £25-30 per month and she could be up and running in an hour.

Wouldn't putting that you are a member of an official body on your site when you're not be fraud?  I would have expected that they could even bar him from joining ever again.  Money talks though, I expect it will easily be forgotten.

I almost thought nobody has mentioned it and could not believe it.  Sarah is selling sweets online and her website doesnt even work!! That has to be incredibly amateur, selling online these days is so important its just beyond stupid to not have at least a simple website that works.

Shocked Michaela went, yes she has other businesses but none of them turn over any more than 3m and she would expect this one to be turning over tens of millions so obv she is gonna give more attention to the bigger one surely?

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 16, 2017, 11:54:53 PM »

I'm not sure that there's many other groups who take this programme and the candidates as seriously as we seem to.

SuperDave has already pointed out that the £250k is pretty small beer for any serious, talented entrepreneur these days. I've seen more talented types on Dragon's Den in a week than we've seen in the last two series of TA. They might just as well rename this show "I'm a Businessperson, Get Me Out of Here!" since it's really just about the car-crashes induced by putting people of limited talent and an oversupply of ego in situations where there's intense pressure. Wednesday evening from 9pm to 10pm on BBC1 followed by 30mins on BBC2; and a finale on an absolute prime slot on Sunday night tells you that this is all about entertainment and not real-life-business.

From Karen & Claude's comments, it seems Lord Sugs really does just make decisions in the boardroom 'on the hoof'. In the end it boils down to whether he thinks the person is a) someone that won't irritate him, b) won't irritate the people involved in the enterprise and c) the person has a business plan that makes commercial sense and has scale-ability.

I agree entirely with those who've said this is the weakest line-up we've ever seen. The finalists are embarrassingly bad: Sarah's business can't really be scaled up, and she's not really shown any serious initiative with it (not having a properly functioning website the biggest sin) whilst James is simply a shady chancer, having been fired for trying to poach his former employer's clients.

Not sure I'll even bother watching the final tomorrow.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 17, 2017, 08:37:24 PM »

Feels like it...I mean even if somehow it's not (it should be) shows James up a bit, "shady chancer" as 4k said is perfect description. Remember when he started selling the dog training for £40 when Elizabeth was selling at £25 - think he's a bit immature, kind of guy who'd steal £50 from a man who'd probably give him £60.

Thanks for calling me superdave 4k - had a rough weekend and my ego needed that Smiley

CMOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN SARAH!

Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 17, 2017, 09:37:34 PM »

This is the final ffs. Feels like we are at week 1 levels of competence here.

Blue text
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 17, 2017, 09:38:45 PM »

And now they've left the story board behind. This is an absolute shambles.

Blue text
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 17, 2017, 09:43:31 PM »

Simply the weakest final two in the show's history.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 17, 2017, 10:07:24 PM »

Not even close though this is it? Sarah's winning it every time.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 17, 2017, 10:11:47 PM »

The world has gone mad

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Cf