blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:51:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Apprentice 2018 thread
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Apprentice 2018 thread  (Read 49097 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: November 08, 2018, 10:01:51 AM »

Jackie just blitzing this. Even nearly saved the task in boob tube with some newly found wit.

Regards

BA

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 08, 2018, 10:18:36 AM »

I thought she was pretty poor actually, didn’t think she was great pitching either

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 08, 2018, 08:30:39 PM »

Their combined level of incompetence soared to new levels this week.

Brand name incorporating an explosion ("of fun" ffs)
Stewardesses dressed like cheap hookers, and Jackie firmly culpable
Highway to Hell backing track (Thought they'd get the irony?)
Kayode guilty of a childish pun-joke and still insisting it was humorous - I was wrong about him, he's still a boy.
Kurran? Beyond words. Probably in it trying only to get something for his acting reel.

I found myself cringing during the entire pitch presentation process - although there was a lot of unneccesary gurning by the judging panel, both pitches were indeed pretty horrific. Sugs was struggling to determine the basis for a winner: finally he realised that only one of the two ads had any discernable consumer proposition and everything else was just terrible.

I may be biased, but I thought "killjoy" Jasmine was one of the very few who emerged with any credit. She had that look of desperation on her face as she saw Kayode's performance & realised that the boardroom was probably beckoning.

Regards
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 09, 2018, 09:45:15 AM »

Complete headloss episode for sure.

Think Sian, who was hottest property in our auction, has steadily lost value every week. Kayode excels in spots that involve approaching people, speaking or selling small things, but comes completely unstuck in the face of anything else and mostly just waffles.

Jasmine the best.

Regards LD

DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 09, 2018, 06:47:00 PM »

I must admit, I didn’t mind the JetPop name, but thought they were going to use a bubble about to burst rather than an explosion!

The JetPop uniforms were terrible, especially being designed by women.

I thought for a second that both teams were going to plump for the same market (business). That would have been the first time ever, to my knowledge. I wonder how they fix it so they always choose opposing markets? And why do they do this because it would be easier for Alan to pick the winner if both teams selected the same target market...
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 22, 2018, 04:29:31 AM »

Wow what a terrible decision

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 22, 2018, 07:01:24 AM »

Wow what a terrible decision

Her business plan was for an app that enabled you to store everything you have in your phone. Either she has made a massive scientific breakthrough, or she’s deluded.
She’s an Apprentice candidate so it’s clearly the latter.

Dan gets stronger by the week.

Regards
D

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 22, 2018, 09:39:43 PM »

Very bizarre choice for the Lord Sugs finger this week. I think there's a subtext that he hates all things "Corporate" - it's his way of categorising the candidates who don't conform to his "every-person" preferences, and it's often delivered with a sneer.

The other two were pretty awful in the task (nothing unusual there, then) but in the boardroom at least the tree doctor stabbed Jasmine in the front.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 05, 2018, 10:07:17 PM »

I find it incredible he can sack a lawyer for failing to make chocolates without taste, especially when you can leave a completely clueless idiot in the final 5 instead

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 05, 2018, 11:46:47 PM »

I find it incredible he can sack a lawyer for failing to make chocolates without taste, especially when you can leave a completely clueless idiot in the final 5 instead

There were six clueless idiots on display tonight. He sacked one, which one would you prefer him to have booked a taxi for?

It would have made sense for him to just tell all six to go home. There isn’t one amongst them fit to even match up with Tom ‘the nail file’ Pettigrew. Let alone Ricky Martin, or Joseph The Plumber.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 06, 2018, 06:15:20 AM »

Good episode. Would be sick to be on. I would have done “20 days of Footmas” each box has a sticker of different premiership team, Man City most rare card, kids keep buying them from December 1 till whenever trying to get full collection of teams.

Sian cleee favourite to win imo.

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 06, 2018, 08:02:22 AM »

Good episode. Would be sick to be on. I would have done “20 days of Footmas” each box has a sticker of different premiership team, Man City most rare card, kids keep buying them from December 1 till whenever trying to get full collection of teams.

You should apply. Looking at the current crop you’d be a shoo-in as part of the original sixteen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/takepart/apprentice

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 06, 2018, 09:20:53 AM »

There were six clueless idiots on display tonight. He sacked one, which one would you prefer him to have booked a taxi for?

It would have made sense for him to just tell all six to go home. There isn’t one amongst them fit to even match up with Tom ‘the nail file’ Pettigrew. Let alone Ricky Martin, or Joseph The Plumber.

They all are clueless, but his reasons for turfing people out are getting less plausible.

Last week he kicked Jackie out for being the finished article. In other words, she knew what she was doing and its better tv to keep this hapless bunch thinking they have a chance.

I put a lot down to editing in these shows, but this lot are clueless. I find it insulting to think of all the great people I have worked with over the years, who could never get a sniff of this kind of investment, and here we have 5 morons left looking at a quarter milly as their reward for, no doubt, more clock ups and embarrassing moments.

Won't stop me watching the rest though!!

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 06, 2018, 10:04:02 AM »

You should apply. Looking at the current crop you’d be a shoo-in as part of the original sixteen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/takepart/apprentice

Can't wait for Lord Sugar to say 'So Patrick, you refer to yourself as Best in the Business....'

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 12, 2018, 05:36:22 PM »

Every year people say the standard is terrible and they only get idiots on because it's good for TV etc, and whereas I cannot disagree with either of those sentiments (people are largely idiots, and with guys like Kurran it would be worse!) I think though people are forgetting a crucial part of the makeup of the show. £250k is not actually a massive investment in the grand scheme of business, I think (and i might be completely wrong!!) that if you're a strong candidate with a strong idea and relevant credibility and experience - the apprentice isn't really for you IMO, you'd probably wanna structure your own deal, retain a bigger share of the equity and you'd likely not have too much trouble raising the money, certainly wouldn't need to complete 10 tasks, face 4 gruelling interveiws and make a pitch to a room full of people whilst living in a house away from home for 6 weeks - only to get a yes/no from 1 potential investor.

This show is for really undeveloped candidates, who most likely dont have capital to contribute themselves, who don't have the credibility to go down institutional money raising routes or the contacts to raise privately, also they win Lord Sugar's mentorship which given this is for people who are very early in business careers is a huge plus, and why they give away such a big % of the end business. The fact that it's a genuine life changing opportunity for most of them and not just another pitch for some investment money (like it was for Jackie, who would likely get funded by a host of different platforms) is what makes it such good TV (for me) and whereas they do come across as highly incompetent a lot of the time, and Sugar not instantly firing them all seems unfathomable, it's because the premise of the show is they are basically challenging amateurs with the prize of a life changing prize.

It's billed as "scouring the nation for hottest business talent" it's not really what's doing, they looking for enthusiastic, inexperienced guys with a good idea that Sugar can turn into business wizard to show the country enterprise still works! If it was 10 slick polished business people with shit hot idea's all 10 of which Sugar could profitably invest in (which they could find im sure) would make a boring TV show.

Roll on tonight!

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: