blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:41:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Community Service
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Community Service  (Read 4429 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2017, 05:28:10 PM »

I see Wayne Rooney has been given Community Service in a Garden Centre

WTF??

Since when does working in a garden centre constitute community service?

Where else to people end up doing to pay us all back for crimes and misdemeanours?

Isn't this some form of cop out?

I expect cleaning litter/painting over graffiti/things that feel like a proper punishment.

We are surely going too soft....

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 05:42:14 PM »

Getting community service for DD?

Did he whack the copper who pulled him over?

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 06:06:51 PM »

WTF??

Where else to people end up doing to pay us all back for crimes and misdemeanours?

I expect cleaning litter/painting over graffiti/things that feel like a proper punishment.

It's the older female staff members I feel sorry for.

Best Bitter.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 06:08:28 PM »

WTF??

It's the older female staff members I feel sorry for.

One mans penance is another mans pleasure 
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 06:15:38 PM »

It said community garden centre and he's been helping those with learning difficulties.  So I don't think it is the kind of place you go to buy the missus a gazebo and hot tub.  Might be wrong though.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2017, 06:19:48 PM »

It said community garden centre and he's been helping those with learning difficulties.  So I don't think it is the kind of place you go to buy the missus a gazebo and hot tub.  Might be wrong though.

I am guessing it is macclesfield community garden centre.  Fits the description, and fairly sure you aren't getting a hot tub.  Cake and coffee looks a possibility, wonder if Rooney does a bit of serving.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 06:24:02 PM »

I am guessing it is macclesfield community garden centre.  Fits the description, and fairly sure you aren't getting a hot tub.  Cake and coffee looks a possibility, wonder if Rooney does a bit of serving.

Sounds like he will really learn his lesson under that hardship then.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2017, 06:26:30 PM »

Spending time with those less fortunate doesn't sound too bad.  I really dislike drink driving, but is this really out of line with what Joe Bloggs gets for it. 

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2017, 06:28:33 PM »

It said community garden centre and he's been helping those with learning difficulties.  So I don't think it is the kind of place you go to buy the missus a gazebo and hot tub.  Might be wrong though.

I am guessing it is macclesfield community garden centre.  Fits the description, and fairly sure you aren't getting a hot tub.  Cake and coffee looks a possibility, wonder if Rooney does a bit of serving.

Spending time with those less fortunate doesn't sound too bad.  I really dislike drink driving, but is this really out of line with what Joe Bloggs gets for it.  

Adz is just being a miserable twat today  Cheesy

Unless you were about 5x the limit, and speeding. I thought you just had to cough some dough, and do 12-24 months cabbing it.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2017, 06:29:26 PM »

Spending time with those less fortunate doesn't sound too bad.  I really dislike drink driving, but is this really out of line with what Joe Bloggs gets for it. 

Joe Bloggs gets hit with a fine that hurts a bit, and doesnt have the comfort of knowing they can afford a chauffeur.

Spending time with those less fortunate certainly doesnt sound to bad. Probably goes home feeling all good about himself. Commendable on one level, but hardly punishment stuff.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2017, 06:38:33 PM »

It's unpaid work and he's going to feel really uncomfortable doing it for 200+ hours - of course it's punishment.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2017, 06:53:07 PM »

It's unpaid work and he's going to feel really uncomfortable doing it for 200+ hours - of course it's punishment.

Dare say he gets way more rubber-neckers than Joe Bloggs.  The press must be camped out there giving him a hard time too.

Not really sure what else they can do.  They can't really fling him in jail if everybody else just gets fined a few quid.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2017, 07:12:46 PM »

imagine being at that centre and wayne fkn rooney rocks up in his orange jacket to do some weeding, class!

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2017, 07:21:47 PM »

Perfect punishment I'd say, no amount of money would hurt him but this will.

I'm sure he'd rather give half a million quid than 200 hours of his time.

How many hours do footballers train? 2 hours a day maybe on average? So 14 hours a week. 200 hours probably equivalent of £7M based on his hourly.

Last I heard he was on about £500k per week but I may be wrong, I'm shit at football.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2017, 11:04:10 AM »

Perfect punishment I'd say, no amount of money would hurt him but this will.

I'm sure he'd rather give half a million quid than 200 hours of his time.

How many hours do footballers train? 2 hours a day maybe on average? So 14 hours a week. 200 hours probably equivalent of £7M based on his hourly.

Last I heard he was on about £500k per week but I may be wrong, I'm shit at football.

Agree.

HE might be Wayne Rooney all time english goal scorer, very famous, very rich. He needs to be reminded that he might be a big shot in a lot of ways but he's still a citizen of the UK and he is not above the rules and no amount of flinging 500 grand at the situation will fix it. Being rich won't help you here mate you're doing comm-service like anyone else.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: