blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:07:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  M, F or X?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: M, F or X?  (Read 10892 times)
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2017, 05:35:00 PM »

Utter nonsense and far too many more important issues in the world to get dragged down by this site. 

"Dragged down by this site" Huh?

Is open debate and are different opinions not healthy?

lol.  Typo, I meant shite. 

Cheesy
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2017, 06:33:42 PM »

Utter nonsense and far too many more important issues in the world to get dragged down by this site. 

"Dragged down by this site" Huh?

Is open debate and are different opinions not healthy?

lol.  Typo, I meant shite. 

Haha.

The older I get, the better I was.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2017, 08:14:13 PM »

Have no idea why this is an issue.

It doesn't affect anyone except the gender neutral.

The other 99.7% should mind their own business.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Evilpengwinz

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2017, 10:02:44 PM »

I don't think the bolded statement could possibly be more wrong.

There's the argument that "Hey, why are people wasting my tax money and their time on this when NHS/Housing/Education/Whatever is fucked?" on the basis that it either benefit more people and/or represents a better use of a limited amount of resources to use the money elsewhere - I don't agree with those people in this case as I think it's a conversation worth having, but we can't (and shouldn't) prevent people from having that opinion, because democracy.

If a gender neutral British tourist is harmed or perhaps killed as a direct consequence of identifying themselves as such on a passport - highly likely given LGBT tolerance in many countries still - clearly that affects far more than 0.3% of the population who are gender neutral if you think about it for more than a nanosecond. Concern for the safety of a gender neutral person abroad, and the consequences should anything happen to them, are valid concerns for anyone, not just those who identify as gender neutral.

Also, people minding their own business means that LGBT people who are binary would also not be entitled to a (likely supporting) opinion, even though it directly affects them as a change benefiting gender-neutral people increases the likelihood that future changes involve better treatment towards them in some way, too.

So no, the other 99.7% of people shouldn't be banned from expressing an opinion and told to 'mind their own business', irrespective of their views.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 10:04:54 PM by Evilpengwinz » Logged
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2017, 10:57:07 PM »

Putting the passport thing to one side, the broader argument for me is around changing the culture and customs of our country to accommodate 0.3% of the population is just madness as it affects everyone.

We should treat everyone with respect and accept differences but not change things to accommodate the vocal minority within the 0.3% that appear to thrive on looking for conflict.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2017, 11:10:27 PM »

Putting the passport thing to one side, the broader argument for me is around changing the culture and customs of our country to accommodate 0.3% of the population is just madness as it affects everyone.

We should treat everyone with respect and accept differences but not change things to accommodate the vocal minority within the 0.3% that appear to thrive on looking for conflict.

What difference is there between saying "good morning ladies and gentlemen" to "good morning everyone"?

50 years ago, the black and white minstrels and gollywogs were an accepted part of British culture. Do you think they should be brought back?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2017, 11:21:35 PM »

What difference is there between saying "good morning ladies and gentlemen" to "good morning everyone"?

That was my first thought.

Maybe I just care too little about things, because I couldn't give a fuck if people don't say L&G anymore Cheesy

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2017, 11:51:16 PM »

Wanting the option to have a box on a passport application form that actually includes them = looking for conflict.

Jeez Rick, I'm surprised you ever manage to leave the house out of fear if this is your threshold for people looking for conflict.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2017, 12:05:52 AM »

Agree, a simple no fuck off should suffice....
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2017, 06:01:10 AM »

The thing is the difference for the majority would be so small, you'd have to look pretty hard to even the notice it. Speaking of groups that are vocal the 'I defend my right to be slightly bigoted because it's what we've always done and it works OK for me' group seem to still be doing fine on that front. As always Woodsey is a solid barometer of any opinion. When he writes "agree" it's time for a rethink. Even if you still come back with the same opinion, it is definitely time to think again.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2017, 12:57:36 PM »

The thing is the difference for the majority would be so small, you'd have to look pretty hard to even the notice it. Speaking of groups that are vocal the 'I defend my right to be slightly bigoted because it's what we've always done and it works OK for me' group seem to still be doing fine on that front. As always Woodsey is a solid barometer of any opinion. When he writes "agree" it's time for a rethink. Even if you still come back with the same opinion, it is definitely time to think again.

You are the barometer of when someone needs a slap around the face with a wet fish for being too much of a PC wanker who thinks his opinion is the be all and end all of what is right and wrong, this might come as a huge shock to you but your not..... someone pass me a fish.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2017, 01:05:15 PM »

50 years ago, the black and white minstrels and gollywogs were an accepted part of British culture. Do you think they should be brought back?

It's slightly off topic - but I've used the tubes every now and again for over 20 years and my wife used them constantly when she was doing her degree; and neither of us can ever remember the announcements including "ladies and gentleman".

Was this actually just one or two individual announcers that it affected and the newspapers were being a bit journalisty about it; or was this actually a general practice on the tube?

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2017, 01:34:16 PM »

Without 'Ladies and Gentleman' boxing becomes unwatchable imo

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2017, 03:51:58 PM »

Without 'Ladies and Gentleman' boxing becomes unwatchable imo

Cheesy

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2017, 04:40:04 PM »

It's slightly off topic - but I've used the tubes every now and again for over 20 years and my wife used them constantly when she was doing her degree; and neither of us can ever remember the announcements including "ladies and gentleman".

Was this actually just one or two individual announcers that it affected and the newspapers were being a bit journalisty about it; or was this actually a general practice on the tube?

I think you're right - I can't remember ever hearing it either. They do have some other anachronisms though. WTF is all the alighting about? I have never heard anyone use the word 'alight' IRL - only in train/tube/bus announcements.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: