blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:08:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272580 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  M, F or X?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: M, F or X?  (Read 10893 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2017, 05:09:07 PM »

Have no idea why this is an issue.

It doesn't affect anyone except the gender neutral.

The other 99.7% should mind their own business.

Putting the passport thing to one side, the broader argument for me is around changing the culture and customs of our country to accommodate 0.3% of the population is just madness as it affects everyone.

We should treat everyone with respect and accept differences but not change things to accommodate the vocal minority within the 0.3% that appear to thrive on looking for conflict.

What difference is there between saying "good morning ladies and gentlemen" to "good morning everyone"?

50 years ago, the black and white minstrels and gollywogs were an accepted part of British culture. Do you think they should be brought back?

It's slightly off topic - but I've used the tubes every now and again for over 20 years and my wife used them constantly when she was doing her degree; and neither of us can ever remember the announcements including "ladies and gentleman".

Was this actually just one or two individual announcers that it affected and the newspapers were being a bit journalisty about it; or was this actually a general practice on the tube?

I think you're right - I can't remember ever hearing it either. They do have some other anachronisms though. WTF is all the alighting about? I have never heard anyone use the word 'alight' IRL - only in train/tube/bus announcements.

I suppose, "Soho, this is where you get off" might be misconstrued.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2017, 06:42:40 PM »

Saw the title and thought it was going to be about this.

Cymru am byth
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2017, 10:11:52 PM »

Have no idea why this is an issue.

It doesn't affect anyone except the gender neutral.

The other 99.7% should mind their own business.

Putting the passport thing to one side, the broader argument for me is around changing the culture and customs of our country to accommodate 0.3% of the population is just madness as it affects everyone.

We should treat everyone with respect and accept differences but not change things to accommodate the vocal minority within the 0.3% that appear to thrive on looking for conflict.

Agree, a simple no fuck off should suffice....

The thing is the difference for the majority would be so small, you'd have to look pretty hard to even the notice it. Speaking of groups that are vocal the 'I defend my right to be slightly bigoted because it's what we've always done and it works OK for me' group seem to still be doing fine on that front. As always Woodsey is a solid barometer of any opinion. When he writes "agree" it's time for a rethink. Even if you still come back with the same opinion, it is definitely time to think again.

You are the barometer of when someone needs a slap around the face with a wet fish for being too much of a PC wanker who thinks his opinion is the be all and end all of what is right and wrong, this might come as a huge shock to you but your not..... someone pass me a fish.

Nice easy one to start with. What is wrong with political correctness? Other than that it's a meaningless phrase popular only with Clarkson like cretins and the Mail.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: