blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:01:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Give me a break
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Give me a break  (Read 177898 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2017, 07:55:33 PM »

These bags are huge. I've never seen so many balls go in off the near knuckle.

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2017, 08:04:57 PM »

What a lovely thing it is to see youngsters with such exceptional talent.

Similar to what Steve Davis said when I played him when I was a teenager... That sure turned out well Cheesy

Tell us more about you snooker career Marky I know you pretty much grew up in a snooker hall - did you actually make a 147?

I remember that your dad was Micky147 way back when on laddies and clearly a good player too so did he make any maximums?

I think my best was 118 although I was playing a fairly decent player level for $20 a game and I was 2/3 games up at the time in Times Square Billiards in Toronto during the 1970's in the week or so when I was totally in the zone - it felt like I couldn't miss when I was in the balls and was on a table clearance with a couple of reds left and he started putting the balls back on the table to rack up for the next game without letting me finish my break - the bastard - so I might have beaten it. I guess he thought I was making 100+ breaks all the time and it was a mere bagatelle!

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2017, 08:20:43 PM »

I was on 91 and has just got down to pot the black with the intention of leaving the white ball in the same position for the last red when someone walked past in my line of sight.

I got up from the shot, went to the ledge under the scoreboard where the ashtray was and had a drag on my cigarette, then went back to the table and somehow forgot that I hadn't potted the black yet and shot at the red.

I was absolutely gutted. I never did make a century.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2017, 08:28:48 PM »

Similar to what Steve Davis said when I played him when I was a teenager... That sure turned out well Cheesy

Tell us more about you snooker career Marky I know you pretty much grew up in a snooker hall - did you actually make a 147?

I remember that your dad was Micky147 way back when on laddies and clearly a good player too so did he make any maximums?

I think my best was 118 although I was playing a fairly decent player level for $20 a game and I was 2/3 games up at the time in Times Square Billiards in Toronto during the 1970's in the week or so when I was totally in the zone - it felt like I couldn't miss when I was in the balls and was on a table clearance with a couple of reds left and he started putting the balls back on the table to rack up for the next game without letting me finish my break - the bastard - so I might have beaten it. I guess he thought I was making 100+ breaks all the time and it was a mere bagatelle!

That's a bit moody, so I guess you regularly relieved him of his dough!

Wasn't much of a career, I was just a good club player as a kid, and the only time I made a 147 was doing line-up Cheesy

I had a few tons messing about, but never practiced that much, and was in the weekend cardschools by the time I was 14, lol.

I got stuck into rugby when I hit 6th form, so that was 4 days a week with school & town, and then joined the mob at 18.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2017, 08:31:52 PM »

Why did Mark Williams play those (attempted) snooker escapes one-handed?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2017, 08:34:57 PM »

Why did Mark Williams play those (attempted) snooker escapes one-handed?

Because he needs his arse smacking.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2017, 08:42:01 PM »

Great match though. You wouldn't rule out a one frame decider would you?

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2017, 08:42:41 PM »

I was on 91 and has just got down to pot the black with the intention of leaving the white ball in the same position for the last red when someone walked past in my line of sight.

I got up from the shot, went to the ledge under the scoreboard where the ashtray was and had a drag on my cigarette, then went back to the table and somehow forgot that I hadn't potted the black yet and shot at the red.

I was absolutely gutted. I never did make a century.

Oh dear, lol.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2017, 08:55:10 PM »

Great match though. You wouldn't rule out a one frame decider would you?

I've not had a bet, and I'm not greatly fussed who wins, and yet I'm really enjoying it.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2017, 08:56:55 PM »

Was neutral, but now kind of funking for Williams. He's been under it all through this match and he's hung in there.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2017, 09:02:29 PM »

That's a bit moody, so I guess you regularly relieved him of his dough

Strangely enough that was the one and only time I played him.

He was an odd chap with a good cue-action but usually practised alone and was forever sanding his cue looking for the perfect hit.

Unlucky bugger decided to take me on for money during the week I was playing the best snooker of my life!

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2017, 09:06:05 PM »

Was neutral, but now kind of funking for Williams. He's been under it all through this match and he's hung in there.

I'm not sure if you know the full story but Mark Williams' missus is quite ill and has been in and out of hospital this last week and had to go back to hossie yesterday.

He was touch and go whether to concede the final and go home but decided to stay and play clearly feeling a little unsettled.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2017, 09:09:42 PM »

I'm not sure if you know the full story but Mark Williams' missus is quite ill and has been in and out of hospital this last week and had to go back to hossie yesterday.

He was touch and go whether to concede the final and go home but decided to stay and play clearly feeling a little unsettled.

No, I didn't know that Ralph.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2017, 09:13:53 PM »

"He's absolutely foaming" quips Joe Johnson as Williams misses a tricky red to the middle pocket.

He may have meant fuming...

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2017, 09:28:57 PM »

No, I didn't know that Ralph.

Suspected viral meningitis apparently.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: