blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:31:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Give me a break
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Give me a break  (Read 176601 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: December 01, 2017, 01:40:00 PM »

I think I played there once against one of Mike Watterson's proteges. Was it called Top Spot or Spot On or something?

The older I get, the better I was.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 01, 2017, 01:57:32 PM »

I think I played there once against one of Mike Watterson's proteges. Was it called Top Spot or Spot On or something?

I never really got to fully appreciate it before my dad sold the club part of the building back in the early 90's, he kept the workshop there for another 7 or 8 years before he started working from home with 2 fitters out on the road.

I think it was when the people my father sold it to, sold it on again that it turned into part of the Spot On chain.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 01, 2017, 06:17:18 PM »

I never really got to fully appreciate it before my dad sold the club part of the building back in the early 90's, he kept the workshop there for another 7 or 8 years before he started working from home with 2 fitters out on the road.

I think it was when the people my father sold it to, sold it on again that it turned into part of the Spot On chain.

Did you ever confirm with him that the tables came from Victoria c1981/'82, assuming he was the one who opened the hall and put tables in there?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 01, 2017, 08:13:52 PM »

Did you ever confirm with him that the tables came from Victoria c1981/'82, assuming he was the one who opened the hall and put tables in there?

Just enquired, apparently half came from Goldsmith Street and the rest from Rapers in Manchester.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: December 02, 2017, 11:48:51 AM »

I opened my cue case today for the first time since ~ 2002.

Click to see full-size image.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 02, 2017, 11:56:52 AM »

What is that green thing - a joint protector?

Did you have an old cue made into a two-piece?

When I opened my case(Ray Reardon Classic) the other day I found that the lining - similar looking stuff to yours only red - was starting to perish too.

I hope the cue hasn't warped.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: December 02, 2017, 12:04:49 PM »

When I opened my case(Ray Reardon Classic) the other day I found that the lining - similar looking stuff to yours only red - was starting to perish too.

Yes, I had an old cue made into a two-piece, mostly so that I could use screw-on extensions.

That green thing behind the tip? That's the brass ferrule.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 02, 2017, 12:47:56 PM »

Yes, I had an old cue made into a two-piece, mostly so that I could use screw-on extensions.

Ha! My eyes must be worse than yours - I thought the taper was going the other way.

Lovely straight grain at first glance. I'm not sure I would have trusted anyone to cut it and put a joint in a cue that I loved.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2017, 12:55:14 PM »

Ha! My eyes must be worse than yours - I thought the taper was going the other way.

Lovely straight grain at first glance. I'm not sure I would have trusted anyone to cut it and put a joint in a cue that I loved.

I had it done as soon as I got it, i.e. before I loved it.

The then owner of the Cue Craft factory, also based in Worksop, was my erstwhile mate Rob Manns, I was also friends with the blokes who made the cues, so I was fairly confident of a decent outcome.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: December 02, 2017, 04:58:51 PM »

Ok, I know it's easy to sit on the sidelines and scoff, but Andy Goldstein ffs! He's like sport's answer to David Dickinson.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 02, 2017, 05:07:49 PM »

Ok, I know it's easy to sit on the sidelines and scoff, but Andy Goldstein ffs! He's like sport's answer to David Dickinson.

Eurosport really seem to struggle with Presenters.

They've also added the "token pretty girl" to their team now.

Less waffle please, just show the bloody snooker.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2017, 05:09:42 PM »

Eurosport really seem to struggle with Presenters.

They've also added the "token pretty girl" to their team now.

Less waffle please, just show the bloody snooker.

It's on BBC2 now with Hazel Irvine.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: December 03, 2017, 12:18:31 PM »

Donaldson. yet another brilliant left hander. can't wait to see his next match

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 03, 2017, 01:14:49 PM »

Donaldson. yet another brilliant left hander. can't wait to see his next match

The young Chinese player with the Tikay hairdo who lost to Marco Fu last evening is another one - Zhao Xingtong - plays like an Oriental Jimmy White.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: December 03, 2017, 01:57:50 PM »

I take it were watching Beeb coverage today?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: