blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:35:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Give me a break
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Give me a break  (Read 176576 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #255 on: December 16, 2017, 03:32:20 PM »

Anyone watching Trump/Cao?

What a great frame this 5th one is, Cao's tactical ability is astonishing for one so young.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: December 16, 2017, 03:41:30 PM »

Wow! What a pot on that pressure black. I did a round of applause.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 16, 2017, 03:53:03 PM »

What a great frame this 5th one is, Cao's tactical ability is astonishing for one so young.

Yet another great young Chinese player.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 17, 2017, 10:40:27 AM »

Cao v Robertson should be a great final.

Cao has an amazing temperament & ability for one so young.

And as Methuselah mentioned, Tal's WC tip, Robertson, seems to be on his A game again, & looks formidable.

Well worth watching.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 17, 2017, 10:45:40 AM »

Been watching 3 sporting events.

1) Ashes Test.

Terrible effort by England, but Australia are a joy to watch, & cricket has such rich tradition. Trying to think of another top level sport where both teams wear the same colours. Any Americans who stumbles across cricket must get very confused. One of the world's great sporting events though.

2) Scottish Open Snooker. 

Love to see the etiquette of snooker. Players declare fouls against themselves, dress nice & smart, the Referee is all formal & proper, the scores are announced on the assumption that we are grown-ups, & the audience are wonderfully respectful, keeping perfectly quiet when players are on a shot. 

3) World Darts.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: December 17, 2017, 10:58:38 AM »

Been watching 3 sporting events.

1) Ashes Test.

Terrible effort by England, but Australia are a joy to watch, & cricket has such rich tradition. Trying to think of another top level sport where both teams wear the same colours. Any Americans who stumbles across cricket must get very confused. One of the world's great sporting events though.

2) Scottish Open Snooker. 

Love to see the etiquette of snooker. Players declare fouls against themselves, dress nice & smart, the Referee is all formal & proper, the scores are announced on the assumption that we are grown-ups, & the audience are wonderfully respectful, keeping perfectly quiet when players are on a shot. 

3) World Darts.

To be fair, I'm sure dart players foul themselves too.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: December 17, 2017, 01:21:22 PM »

Have you seen that mark on Chew Your Pen's cue? Apparently it's there to show him where to put his bridge hand.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 17, 2017, 01:37:18 PM »

Have you seen that mark on Chew Your Pen's cue? Apparently it's there to show him where to put his bridge hand.

Yes. Never seen such a thing before.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 17, 2017, 01:41:29 PM »

And after he seemed to have stolen the frame in spectacular fashion, coming back from 0-65, he somehow misses the simplest black ever.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: December 17, 2017, 01:44:15 PM »

Yes, he missed one in almost identical circumstances against Trump (I think it was) yesterday.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: December 17, 2017, 01:48:50 PM »

With yesterdays one he stayed down on the shot for so long before striking I thought I had inadvertently paused the telly.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 17, 2017, 01:58:58 PM »

It all stemmed from missing position on the brown as he never regained perfect shape after that and all those tough shots finally took their toll on the black.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 17, 2017, 02:03:55 PM »

....and suddenly, just like that, he switches from right handed to left handed.

I have a feeling he was sticking it in Robertson's eye, after the Aussie celebrated nicking the previous frame with that unseemly and inappropriate yelp. It's snooker, not darts.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: December 17, 2017, 02:05:45 PM »

I have a feeling he was sticking it in Robertson's eye, after the Aussie celebrated nicking the previous frame with that unseemly and inappropriate yelp. It's snooker, not darts.

I went from neutral to pro Cao at that very moment.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 17, 2017, 02:10:46 PM »

That was one of the things that put me off Ebdon as a player - those constant "come on"'s at maximum volume.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: