blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:07:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Give me a break
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Give me a break  (Read 177655 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #345 on: February 19, 2018, 07:35:04 PM »

Grand Prix. O'Sullivan vs Milkins, Clive Everton commentating. Clive does well considering he's 80. Still, I think he'll be in bed early tonight.

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 19, 2018, 07:42:10 PM »

Grand Prix. O'Sullivan vs Milkins, Clive Everton commentating. Clive does well considering he's 80. Still, I think he'll be in bed early tonight.

Clive Everton used to practice in Herbert Holt's club on the corner of Great Windmill St and Shaftsbury avenue in the late 1960's when I was busy misspending my youth.

He was a billiards player and practiced alone for hours but his wife sat watching and recording every shot he played prompted by him.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: February 19, 2018, 07:58:12 PM »

Describe Milkins in one word.

I'm going for lackadaisical.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 21, 2018, 12:01:37 PM »

Clive Everton used to practice in Herbert Holt's club on the corner of Great Windmill St and Shaftsbury avenue in the late 1960's when I was busy misspending my youth.

He was a billiards player and practiced alone for hours but his wife sat watching and recording every shot he played prompted by him.

That's a nice Post, Ralph.

Clive Everton has always been my favourite Snooker commentator, just ahead of the late Jack Karnehm, the 2 of them streets ahead of any others.

He speaks so well, uses unusual & inventive language, & always refers to the players by their surname.

Multi-talented, too, author of many books, & at one time he was the coach of Jonah Barrington, the famous Squash Bloke.

He fell out with the BBC over something, not sure what, & TV coverage of snooker was never quite the same for me since. 

This World Grand Prix thing - best of 7, ugh - is much enhanced by listening to Clive, God bless him. I'd not be watching it were it not for Clive's commentary.

Incredibly, he is 80 years old.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 21, 2018, 04:00:04 PM »

That's a nice Post, Ralph.

Clive Everton has always been my favourite Snooker commentator, just ahead of the late Jack Karnehm, the 2 of them streets ahead of any others.

He speaks so well, uses unusual & inventive language, & always refers to the players by their surname.

Multi-talented, too, author of many books, & at one time he was the coach of Jonah Barrington, the famous Squash Bloke.

He fell out with the BBC over something, not sure what, & TV coverage of snooker was never quite the same for me since. 

This World Grand Prix thing - best of 7, ugh - is much enhanced by listening to Clive, God bless him. I'd not be watching it were it not for Clive's commentary.

Incredibly, he is 80 years old.

You've got me wondering now Tony - it might well have been Jack Karnehm practicing billiards at Herbert Holt's.

It was definitely one of them..

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 21, 2018, 05:01:25 PM »

^^^^

I fancy it is more likely to be Jack, though I'm just guessing.

Jack was a far better billiards player than Clive (by all accounts) & lived most of his life in North London.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #351 on: February 21, 2018, 09:34:37 PM »

Ronnie's post match interview.

"There's only 4 or 5 players with any bottle, the rest of them...  what boat did they come on? They might as well get a job".

Classy Ron, classy.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #352 on: February 24, 2018, 10:09:59 PM »

I don't like this girly ref's noisy shoes clumping about. 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 24, 2018, 10:48:11 PM »

Leaving matters of such inconsequence aside, it's a great match, and hard to call a winner.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #354 on: February 24, 2018, 11:04:15 PM »

Leaving matters of such inconsequence aside, it's a great match, and hard to call a winner.

It's a fabulous match, the best of the competition so far IMO. The standard might not be as high as some of the others but I love the tension and drama of these tactical battles.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 24, 2018, 11:07:52 PM »

It's a fabulous match, the best of the competition so far IMO. The standard might not be as high as some of the others but I love the tension and drama of these tactical battles.

Yup. The quality of the safety play has been a joy to watch.

When Ding gets in amongst the balls, he has such deft and subtle touch.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 25, 2018, 12:22:29 AM »

Very enjoyable that.

Not much between the two of them, but Ding probably just about deserved the win.

Selby's safety was inch perfect all match, he seemed to be able to lay it tight on the baulk cushion time after time.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #357 on: February 25, 2018, 01:12:27 PM »

I've always admired Ronnie's ability but I don't like his personality.

Following his interviews during the Grand Prix, I've really tekn agin im. He's a tosser and I hope he loses.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 25, 2018, 03:28:58 PM »

Talented tosser, though.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 25, 2018, 03:43:05 PM »

I've always admired Ronnie's ability but I don't like his personality.

Following his interviews during the Grand Prix, I've really tekn agin im. He's a tosser and I hope he loses.

Click to see full-size image.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: