blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:34:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Give me a break
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Give me a break  (Read 176614 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #510 on: April 29, 2018, 09:18:53 PM »

"It came off that cushion faster than it went on and that's a fact".

Imagine if they had two of those cushions facing each other and bounced a ball between them. Eventually it would go faster than the speed of light

Any thoughts on if the ball has a lot of spin on it? It's totally standard imo. I acknowledge the comms are usually talking about plain ball bounce.

You're right.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #511 on: April 30, 2018, 07:33:50 PM »

I have the greatest respect for Barry Hern, great bloke and fantastic business man IMO, but now he's on about 'encouraging' players to play faster, and publishing lists (name and shame) those at the slow end of the scale.

It's the thin edge of a very ugly wedge as far as I'm concerned. Please let's not go there.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 30, 2018, 07:45:12 PM »

I have the greatest respect for Barry Hern, great bloke and fantastic business man IMO, but now he's on about 'encouraging' players to play faster, and publishing lists (name and shame) those at the slow end of the scale.

It's the thin edge of a very ugly wedge as far as I'm concerned. Please let's not go there.

He's talking average time taken to play each shot using a large sample-size I believe rather than individual shots.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #513 on: April 30, 2018, 07:51:50 PM »

He's talking average time taken to play each shot using a large sample-size I believe rather than individual shots.

So he's saying that the average player should speed up?

It's been fine for the last 200 years Ralph, why mess with it?

Before we know it there will be a clock constantly running on screen and the commentators will harp on about it even more than they do now.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 30, 2018, 07:58:55 PM »

Before we know it there will be a clock constantly running on screen and the commentators will harp on about it even more than they do now.

I heard the interview and he appears to be targetting the odd scalliwag who deliberately uses very slow play as a tactic.

You and I would be fine though.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #515 on: April 30, 2018, 08:03:55 PM »

I heard the interview and he appears to be targetting the odd scalliwag who deliberately uses very slow play as a tactic.

You and I would be fine though.

If it's only the odd scallywag the ref can sort it, absolutely no need for Barry or people with stopwatches to get involved.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #516 on: April 30, 2018, 08:07:38 PM »

BTW I loved Barry's take on the O'Sullivan Carter shoulder clash.

"It was nothing. Snooker players are real men, if they had been professional football players one would have fell down and the other would have been sent off"

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 01, 2018, 05:10:55 PM »

Higgins can't play much worse than that and is still only 5-3 down.  Looks a bet to me at the prices.  Trump not impressive at all.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 01, 2018, 06:32:07 PM »

I think they're concerned that the current demographic for watching Snooker will shuffle off pretty soon. Literally no appeal to anyone under 70, 60 at a push I'd say

sola virtus nobilitat
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 01, 2018, 07:37:53 PM »

Hawkins must be one of the more underated break builders

Very good to watch
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 01, 2018, 08:01:37 PM »

Hawkins must be one of the more underated break builders

Very good to watch

He would have won the world title against anyone in history in 2013 the way he played other than a fully wound up A1 version of Ronnie.  I was there for all four sessions of the final and it was one of the best sporting events standard wise i have ever witnessed live.  He deserves to be a world champion given his course and distance form over many seasons at this venue.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 01, 2018, 08:05:19 PM »

Hope he gets one this year 

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 01, 2018, 08:13:09 PM »

Snooker stat: Barry Hawkins, who has never won the world title, has won  as many matches (17) at the Crucible in the last six years as Mark  Selby, who has won it three times in that period

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 01, 2018, 08:29:22 PM »

Hope he gets one this year 

thumbs up

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: May 01, 2018, 08:53:09 PM »

Snooker stat: Barry Hawkins, who has never won the world title, has won  as many matches (17) at the Crucible in the last six years as Mark  Selby, who has won it three times in that period

Amazing stat, that.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: