blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:29:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Give me a break
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Give me a break  (Read 176691 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1125 on: August 11, 2020, 09:19:32 PM »

Williams calls foul on himself that no one has seen, next shot O'Sullivan questions a free ball decision and gets the ref to change his mind.

Tosser.

The older I get, the better I was.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: August 12, 2020, 08:35:23 AM »

Probably right though?

There's such tiny margins between being a great player and an 'all time great' but when you'd got it you've got it.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: August 12, 2020, 08:36:36 AM »

Williams calls foul on himself that no one has seen, next shot O'Sullivan questions a free ball decision and gets the ref to change his mind.

Tosser.

Haha. Not a Ronnie fan are you Cheesy Cheesy

Presumably in this instance he was right? I can't imagine the ref changing his mind if he hadn't made a mistake?

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: August 12, 2020, 08:48:25 AM »

Best ref in the business by a mile.   It was a very tough call and marginal to the extreme.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: August 12, 2020, 09:59:12 AM »

Best ref in the business by a mile.   It was a very tough call and marginal to the extreme.

Saw an interesting one on You-Tube recently from a few years ago where Mark Selby couldn't see much of a red and had asked the ref to clean it but the ref refused. Seemed an odd refusal and the commentators found it strange but ultimately the decision was based on the ref not wanting to move a ball that was so marginal.

The 'dirt' wasn't on the side that he'd be aiming for so the ref took the decision that in order not to affect the game it was best to leave it exactly where it was.

We often think that refs make some weird calls but they really do seem to know what they're doing. Strange that......

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: August 12, 2020, 10:22:00 AM »

Saw an interesting one on You-Tube recently from a few years ago where Mark Selby couldn't see much of a red and had asked the ref to clean it but the ref refused. Seemed an odd refusal and the commentators found it strange but ultimately the decision was based on the ref not wanting to move a ball that was so marginal.

The 'dirt' wasn't on the side that he'd be aiming for so the ref took the decision that in order not to affect the game it was best to leave it exactly where it was.

We often think that refs make some weird calls but they really do seem to know what they're doing. Strange that......

I can distinctly remember Alex Higgins asking for the white to be cleaned hoping to find a tiny bit of angle on a dead-straight shot.

Maybe that ref did too.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1131 on: August 12, 2020, 11:16:16 AM »

Probably right though?

There's such tiny margins between being a great player and an 'all time great' but when you'd got it you've got it.

So what if he's right? He's still a tosser for saying it.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1132 on: August 12, 2020, 02:22:37 PM »

Don't talk to me about equality.

How many middle-aged balding blokes could do Seema's job 5x better than her?

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: August 12, 2020, 02:58:25 PM »

Probably right though?

So what if he's right? He's still a tosser for saying it.

I don't think he means it as a direct attack on the players, more an attack on the promoters and people providing the sponsorship and prize money in the sport.

He's regularly said that there are only a handful of players who can make a decent living at the game and that if you're outside the top 16 you're financially better off pursuing a different 'career'.

Maybe if there was more money in the sport there would be more incentive for people to try to get good at it and make it their career? If you know from day one that to make enough money to support a family you have to literally win ranking events you aren't going to dedicate your life to it are you? You'll make it a hobby and get exceptionally good at it but ultimately you can't dedicate your life to something that won't provide for your family.

I believe this is why he's refused to finish off a couple of 147s in the past. Wasn't there one where the prize money was £7000? That's just ridiculous. You get to the point in your career that you're good enough to do what maybe 15 other people on the planet are capable of doing (I'm talking televised....) and the people making money off you reward you with enough of a bonus to buy an 8 year old Mondeo.

Absolute joke.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: August 12, 2020, 07:29:01 PM »

Don't talk to me about equality.

How many middle-aged balding blokes could do Seema's job 5x better than her?

She disturbingly resembles Pritti Patel lookswise too.

PS

Dennis Taylor seems increasingly ready for the knackers' yard in terms of commentary - he's got so many calls wrong.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 07:32:40 PM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: August 13, 2020, 08:02:22 PM »

I'm sure Dennis Taylor thinks her name is Seymour.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: August 13, 2020, 08:42:25 PM »

People have too much time on their hands Cheesy

Ronnie making a maximum quicker than Selby took a shot in a game against Higgins, lol.

https://twitter.com/GeorgePooIe/status/1293931853976608769

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1137 on: August 13, 2020, 09:31:33 PM »

I'm sure Dennis Taylor thinks her name is Seymour.

He's been calling Jimmy White the worldwind for decades.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: August 14, 2020, 06:23:02 PM »

I've never seen a deciding frame anywhere near as dramatic as this Wilson/McGill one.

It could have been scripted by Alfred Hitchcock.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: August 14, 2020, 06:40:47 PM »

I've never seen a deciding frame anywhere near as dramatic as this Wilson/McGill one.

It could have been scripted by Alfred Hitchcock.

The greatest final frame since 1985 Ralph?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 ... 99 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: