blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:51:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Why making notes on players might not be a good thing.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why making notes on players might not be a good thing.  (Read 4802 times)
mikeymike

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2017, 06:58:34 PM »

Why making notes on players might not be a good thing.

Until I dropped down to the micros I played mid stakes – always making notes on the players and marking them down as a fish or a rock.

I have been watching a lot of the high roller events on PS over the last few days – so I was quite surprised to see a couple of players in a 10k event with my little sticky note attached to them – my first reaction was they must have satellited into the game.

So I decided to scroll down all the 2k entry tournaments and to my surprise found 14 players with my sticky notes attached to them.

On further investigation (looking up these players) they are all high roller regulars.

Why they had been playing $15 SnG’s and $20 mtt’s, I presume just to get their eye in.

I have now removed all notes – as marking up a player who has won several million (with the words always chases the flush) now does not seem relevant.

Ho Ho Ho 
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 09:40:53 AM »

sounds like you should re-title the thread - WHY MAKING BAD NOTES ON PLAYERS MIGHT NOT BE A GOOD THING Smiley

"always chases a flush" is not really a good note, lol, because I assume this note will have been made after he made an apparently speculative call with a flush draw, so to say he "always chases" would not be very helpful!

my notes were always either super detailed or "slowroll this ****"

POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 11:49:23 AM »

Mikes you've made 3 threads recently. The first saying how poker software isn't really that useful, maybe even detrimental The other two are complaining about problems that are very easily solved by using poker software.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 11:58:45 AM »

Mikes you've made 3 threads recently. The first saying how poker software isn't really that useful, maybe even detrimental The other two are complaining about problems that are very easily solved by using poker software.

I would argue with the 'very easily' part of that statement for men of me and Mike's vintage.

The older I get, the better I was.
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 03:03:07 PM »

My threads are not complaining they are inquisitive there is a difference and they are put out to open genuine discussions.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 03:57:31 PM »

Yeh sorry, complaining wasn't the right word.
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2017, 03:59:57 PM »

Just looked at my note taking - they are truly abysmal - obviously not my strong point.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2017, 04:54:32 PM »

Note taking is prob one of the biggest leaks nearly all players suffer from. Good notes are one of the best ways of making tons more money with little effort.
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2017, 05:00:43 PM »

I am still interested in why these high stakes players are playing at this low level - surely it must be for fun or do  they use it as a warm up routine.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2017, 05:17:01 PM »

Who were they?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2017, 05:34:12 PM »

I am still interested in why these high stakes players are playing at this low level - surely it must be for fun or do  they use it as a warm up routine.

Possibly to mess with their stats on data mining sites?

Either that or they just get bored if they only have one table open so they need a few tables just for button clicking while they focus on the one big table remaining? Kind of like having background music.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2017, 06:03:14 PM »

Pads one of them was playing on your table in the 10k recently  (Brazilian)- unfortunately as i said previously i deleted all my notes, that said i will recognise him/her when there next playing and will message them to ask them why. Whether they answer back is another thing.
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2017, 06:06:39 PM »

Pads good luck for tonight - i have been railing you most nights recently - see if i can get any tips
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2017, 06:28:45 PM »

any big cross books ever go down in small stakes tourneys?

mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2017, 06:36:16 PM »

i am thick - please explain. TY
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: