blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:08:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Level 1 Spew?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Level 1 Spew?  (Read 4072 times)
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2017, 05:07:02 PM »

APAT £75+7

140 runner field, first level 25/50. Couple of orbits round, played a fair few pots but not got too out of line. Villains effective stack is roughly 12K.

Mid position opener to 150. Flat called in the cutoff, I call big blind with  .

Flop

I check to opener who best 200 into 450. Caller quickly flats behind. We decide to make it 850. I thought the original raiser was weak, betting relatively small onto a wet board and then the caller behind can’t have a made hand (2 pair+) and can put the pressure on all his one pair and drawing hands. Couple that with we have lots of outs and backdoors.

Original raiser goes into the tank and then makes it 1750. Caller behind quickly folds. Confused as to what he has now – I guess an overpair, or a made straight are minimums. Given price, we decide to make a questionable call and see a turn.

Turn is the  . We check and original opener makes it 2,600 into roughly 4,250. He left behind roughly another 10K. We tank and then move all in. As played, not sure there is a better turn card for us. Picked up the flush draw, our range includes a lot of J10, J9 type hands that take exactly the same line. We can make him fold straights and overpairs. Obviously we could be completely dead.

Horrific unnecessary spew? What do we think is the minimum he can call with?
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 05:22:59 PM »

Ugh. Really don't like this in an APAT game - especially as a freezeout means people will naturally play tighter.

Personally I flat flop then reassess on turn. As played turn card isn't gin for us as I don't think he has bare overpair though on flop unless he has QQ and we have blockers, set or made straight minimum, and if he has a set we're screwed. I'd flat turn, never shoving here as the only hand he might 3-bet flop with then bet-fold turn is 8-7, and folding is slightly worse as he has straight more than set I think. If we miss river never bluff, just fold.
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 10:23:26 PM »

I posted this as a pure ego exercise to prove to people I am not a nit. When I sell action again for the WCOAP next year, I will refer directly to this hand...

Seems pretty horrible on reflection.

Villain was hating life but called it off with KQ which makes total sense now. Found that heart though.

Berated at the table for playing the Q5sooted, fairly certain that's the only bit of the hand that is fine!

HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 04:11:58 PM »

I've played quite a lot of APAT over the years and they are on average the nittiest fields I've ever played in. I would say villain is hugely weighted to KQ and this is pretty spew, but of course it's all quite player specific.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 09:00:18 AM »

you had a go pal, can't say fairer than that!!!

I think though in realiy you could just not bother, early field you got 200bbs you win this hand your stack increases in value by about a tennor and if you lose it then you've dusted £75, doesn;t stack up.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: