blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:23:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272538 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WSOP 2018
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP 2018  (Read 61149 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2018, 01:39:41 PM »

Justin Bonomo

@JustinBonomo

Ok so you might not believe this, but I just won the Aria $25k high roller again. I don’t know what’s happening anymore.

wow, didn't realise he had won it on the 1 June too.  Didn't he just disappear for a couple of years not that long ago, or am I imagining that?  

Disappeared from Stars 12 years ago, when he got banned for cheating.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2018, 01:40:28 PM »

Both photos from the nugget the top one is by the Carson tower lifts and valet area
Second one over on Fremont st exit mid way along the nugget
Do I win a sticky bun ?

I'd have answered last night, if I knew there were sticky buns to be had Cheesy

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2018, 02:04:11 PM »

Justin Bonomo

@JustinBonomo

Ok so you might not believe this, but I just won the Aria $25k high roller again. I don’t know what’s happening anymore.

wow, didn't realise he had won it on the 1 June too.  Didn't he just disappear for a couple of years not that long ago, or am I imagining that?  

Cheating or multi-accounting?

Personally I find the latter a lot more forgivable.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2018, 02:24:19 PM »

Justin Bonomo

@JustinBonomo

must have got him confused with someone else, thought he had disappeared from live poker for a while, but there are no big gaps on his hendon mob.   Maybe it was his 2nd account that took a break?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2018, 05:47:40 PM »

Event 4 - $1500 Omaha Hi-Low 8 or better, Day 4 of 3, 911 entrants

The event that wouldn't end, even running past the last level on the original schedule so that extra levels needed to be added to ensure the computers didn't go into meltdown!

It was no surprise that William Kopp and Mack Lee busted quite early on Day 4, Lee getting the ladder after trebling up once and doubling up twice before he went out at the hands of eventual winner Julien Marcini.

Heads up took over three hours before Marcini got the better of Kate Hoang, her very low cut evening dress notwithstanding.

Marcini collected the 18th overall WSOP bracelet for France and nearly $150K while Hoang got her 7th cash and third final table of her career, all in Omaha Hi-Low.

Event 5 - $100K NLH High Roller, Day 2 of 4, 105 entries

Rather a quiet day in the high roller, with just the 4 eliminations taking down from 10 to 6.

Chris Moore went out early to bring the two tables together for the unofficial FT of 9, and then Fedor Holz was outpipped by Elio Fox whose sixes held on against the German's pocket fives.

Eight handed play lasted about an hour, with not much happening until Bryn Kenney found the aces, raised, and was 3-bet all in by Adrian Mateos who had pocket sevens. Kenney of course snap-called, the aces held and Mateos was down to fumes and went out two hands later.

Jason Koon lost half of his stack with a river fold to Kenney, and as his stack dwindled he eventually went to war with middle pair on the turn against the same opponent. Tough luck for him that Kenney had turned top pair and that was that.

Overnight chip leader Nick Petrangelo maintained his lead more or less throughout the day with Kenny's accumulation of most of Koon's chips now putting him second.

We still have two chances for a British bracelet, but Aymon Hata & Stephen Chidwick are the shortest stacks at the table (albeit with 36 & 29 BB respectively)

Event 8 - $2500 Mixed Triple Draw Lowball (Limit), Day 2 of 3, 321 entries

A round dozen remain in contention for this event, being held for the third time at the WSOP. One of those 12 knows exactly how it feels to win this very event, Chris Vitch won it on its debut back in 2016 and he takes a chip lead into Day 3.

Not far behind are Damjan Radanov, Day 1 leader George Tregiorgis and Scott Siever.

Three more bracelet winners are among the 9 other players, Frank Kassela, Mike Leah & Bryce Yockey.

All 3 Brits were eliminated before the bubble.

Event 9 - $10K Omaha Hi-Low 8 or better Championship, Day 1 of 3, 161 entries so far
I'm sure events 9 & 10 were the other way around on the original schedule I saw!

Anyway, the first of the billed "Championship" events attracted 161 entries so far, with late reg open until the start of play on Day 2.

75 players battled their way through Day 1, with Chris Bjorin leading from another double bracelet winner Jesse Martin & Daniel Ratigan.

As you would expect at the $10K buy-in level, a lot of big names entered, some who are still in and others who've moved on to the next event.

Robert Mizrachi sits inside the Top 10, Nick Schulman, Phil Hellmuth and Dan Shak also have decent stacks.

A quick perusal of the WSOP reports indicate two British players through, Stuart Rutter with just over 100K chips (leader is on nearly 250K) and Paresh Doshi with 66K. For a long part of the day it looked like former title-holder Benny Glaser was going to join them, running his stack up to 220K at one point before a series of unfortunate hands saw his chips all flow towards the hands of other players.

Event 4 winner Julien Mancini used some of his winnings to jump into this and made decent progress to make Day 2, but his heads-up victim Kate Hoang was less lucky, getting busted.

Event 10 - $365 WSOP.com Online NLH, re-entry, 1 Day Event, 2972 entrants

The expansion of the player pool to include New Jersey & Delaware as well as Nevada, and the lowest on-line price point for a WSOP bracelet event saw a number of players, although never threatening the pre-announced 5000 cap.

The player aliases mean nothing to me and I suspect the vast majority of you too, but for the record here are the top 3.

1. "Twooopair" $155K
2. "sHaDySTeem" $94K
3. "SteveSpuell" $69K.

Event 11 - $365 PLO, with subsequent Day 1 Flights on next 4 Sundays, 423 entries

The first of five starting flights for the PLO Giant saw just 19 players make it through to Day 2 which will be held on July 2.

Polish pro Dzmitry Urbanovich (now that I've typed it once I can cut and past it whenever I need it next) and bracelet winner Leif Force were up amongst the leaders for several hours but at the end of the night it is Pete Arroyos who appears to have the biggest stack.

There isn't a full chip list available on the WSOP site as yet so I can't give much more details, mentions for Brits in dispatches were very few and far between, in fact online updates were very sparse indeed.

To Start Today
Event 12 - $1500 Dealers Choice 6 Handed, 3 Day Event

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2018, 09:53:15 AM »

Remko Rinkema on the return of Phil Ivey to the WSOP. It's hard not to be excited by the possibilities of another Ivey bracelet run

https://www.pokercentral.com/articles/remko-on-the-rail-an-open-letter-to-phil-ivey/

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2018, 08:22:52 AM »

Justin Bonomo

@JustinBonomo

must have got him confused with someone else, thought he had disappeared from live poker for a while, but there are no big gaps on his hendon mob.   Maybe it was his 2nd account that took a break?

Yeah that was before his entry into the live poker scene, i believe he was actually underage during the multi boxing stuff.

To be clear, he wasnt multi accounting, he was multi boxing which is totally different and way, way worse.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2018, 01:04:36 PM »

Remko Rinkema on the return of Phil Ivey to the WSOP. It's hard not to be excited by the possibilities of another Ivey bracelet run

https://www.pokercentral.com/articles/remko-on-the-rail-an-open-letter-to-phil-ivey/

And I thought I was an Ivey fanboy Cheesy

See Remko has a 2part pod up with Antonius, which should be good, and I'll link when I find it.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2018, 03:34:52 PM »

Event 5 - $100K NLH High Roller, Day 4 of 4, 105 entries

Day 2 Leader - Nick Pentrangelo, Day 3 Leader - Nick Petrangelo, Bracelet winner - Nick Pentrangelo.

Petrangelo denied Elio Fox his second bracelet within a week and also prevented a first British bracelet of the series.

Petrangelo previously won a $3K shootout bracelet three years ago, but that achievement is dwarfed by his win here, a first prize of $2.9m moving him up to inside the Top 50 of the all-time tournament winnings list.

Fox collects over $1.7m to complete a great first week of the WSOP, and Scottish player Aymon Hata finished a very creditable third for a little under one and a quarter million dollars.

Hata had previously eliminated Stephen Chidwick in Brit-on-Brit action as the first casualty of the day, Chidwick taking $484K.

Event 7 - $565 Colossus NLH, 5 Day Event, including 6 starting flights over 3 days, 13079 entries

Right, first an apology, I omitted the "C" & "D" starting flights from yesterday's update.

539 players have made it through across the 6 flights

Flight C - Florian Duta is Romanian but appears to be playing out of Birmingham at the moment so he is showing as "GB" in the WSOP updates. Whichever flag listed beside his name, he had a great Flight C of the Colossus, bagging $523K for the flight lead which turned out to be the second most across all 6 flights. A couple of other Brits through - Robert Cowen & Alex Jennings.

Flight D honours went to Philip Albuquerque with almost double his nearest challenger. Jerome Bradpiece finished in 15th, Oliver Biles 24th so we have two GB qualifiers from this group. A little but lower down (47th of the 61 qualifiers) was one Phil Ivey. Wonder how often he's played live events at this price point in the last decade?

So on to Monday's flights

Flight E - the bigger flights on the last day saw higher numbers qualify (fairly logical that) with Kurt Jewell topping 127 players through. Dean Hutchison, Iain Paterson, Andrew Booth, Alan Tibber and probably Gilad Gutkin are the UK contingent from Flight E.

and on to Flight F, it was Brian Ray who racked up the most chips, but an interesting character lies third, Valentin Vornicu who has had a very successful winter in the WSOP circuit events. You have to look a long way down for Union Jacks, Scott Margereson in 60th, but then there's a little cluster including Louis Salter and Matas Cimbolas. Right near the bottom is Alexander Bowden who is shown as being from Brighton, Iran but I reckon is more likley to be from Brighton, East Sussex. We'll see.

Event 8 - $2500 Mixed Triple Draw Lowball (Limit), Day 3 of 3, 321 entries

When you go out in the $100K, what do you do? If you are German Johannes Becker, you jump in to the next available event, the Mixed Triple Draw Lowball.

He is a mixed games player (2nd in the $50K Poker Players Championship last year), so it wasn't too difficult of a decision for him, and he'll be very glad he made the call now as he's $180K better off and the holder of his very first WSOP bracelet.

Scott Siever at one point had twice as many chips as anyone else, but he couldn't live with Becker in the later stages, and will have to settle for 2nd and $111K while Jesse Hampton was third for $71K.

Previous winner Chris Vitch made the FT but bowed out in 4th.

Event 9 - $10K Omaha Hi-Low 8 or better Championship, Day 2 of 3, 169 entries

It's a blast from the bast as the overnight chip leader after Day 2 is Eli Elezra (he won the first of his three bracelets over a decade ago)

He has 858K chips overnight, quite a distance ahead of Adam Coats & Steve Chantabouasy who are the only other two players over 600K

Among the other players left in are Paul Volpe, Chris Bjorin, Robert Mizrachi, Jesse Martin, Mike Matusow, Dylan Linde etc. but unfortunately no Brits - Stu Rutter made it through the bubble but bust shortly after for a $14912 payday.

Event 10 - $365 WSOP.com Online NLH, re-entry, 1 Day Event, 2972 entrants

Just an update on yesterday's event to link some names to the aliases reported yesterday. William Reymond took the win from Shawn Stroke and Stephen Buell

Event 12 - $1500 Dealers Choice 6 Handed, Day 1 of 3, 406 entries

The 400+ players have created a prize pool of nearly $550K, with 61 being paid and the overall winner picking up $129,882.

Ten levels of play across 20 possible poker variants have seen 120 entrants make Day 2, John Hennigan having the biggest bag of chips at the end of the night, with Andrey Zhigalov and Brian Saltus close behind.

Several well-known names survive, Jeff Lisandro, Chris Vitch, Chris Klodnicki, Mike Leah, Victor Ramdin, Allen Kessler, Mike Sexton, Dominik Nitsche & Barry Greenstein amongst them

Brits, yes of course. Four that I can see, Richard Ashby, Benny Glaser, Adam Owen & Jon Shoreman.

To Start Today
Event 13 - $1500 NLH (Big Blind Ante), 3 Day Event
Event 14 - $1500 2-7 Draw Lowball No Limit, 3 Day Event, single re-entry

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2018, 03:39:12 PM »

Event 7 - $565 Colossus NLH, Day 2 of 4, 13079 entries

The players from all 6 starting flights came together for the first time and at the end of Day 2 we are down to just 32 players.

Matthew Causa came with a late flourish to top the overnight chip counts ahead of Thai Ha and Paawan Bansal.

Probably the biggest name of the 32 (after the likes of Phil Ivey went out) is John Racener, and probably the longest name is 29th placed Ajay Gnanasambanthan.

We've still got one Brit in contention, Scott Margerson who lies 13th spot at the end of Day 2. He previously made a WSOP FT two years ago, and won a WPT event as recently as April.

Event 9 - $10K Omaha Hi-Low 8 or better Championship, Day 3 of 4, 169 entries

Players holding the chip lead on two successive days may well becoming "a thing" this year, as we now have Day 2 leader Eli Elezra not only maintained his lead but extended it.

In search for his 4th bracelet, he has nearly a million more chips than his closest challeger Adam Coats, with two more former bracelet winners (Paul Volpe & Viacheslav Zhukov) also still in play. Dustin Dirksen is the short stack, and having less than 2BB he will need to find a decent hand fairly quickly and hope for a Scoopio or two.

Event 12 - $1500 Dealers Choice 6 Handed, Day 2 of 3, 406 entries

120 have become 15 after another wild and varying day on the tables. After winning a huge hand not long before the end of play, Jeremy Harkin is the chip leader ahead of Frankie O'Dell & Brayden Gazlay.

Two players from the mixed triple-draw lowball event FT, Chris Vitch & George Trigiorgis, have the possibility of making two successive mixed games FT, plus Mike Leah, James Woods, Jeff Lisandro and Chris Klodnicki are among the other challengers.

Last Brit standing was Xunen Zheng (24th for $4219) with Richard Ashby the only other to make a cash.

Event 13 - $1500 NLH (Big Blind Ante), 3 Day Event

The first time the Big Blind Ante format was used for a $1500 tournament, but there was no need to make a song and dance about it as Stephen Song hit all the right notes and bagged nearly 200K chips.

Lurking not far behind is the 2016 ME winner, Qui Nguyen with Dutch Boyd and Vojtech Ruzicka among the others with big stacks along with the top Brit, Iraj Parvizi.

You have to look quite a long way down to find the next UK player, Damien Le Goff, and further still for Joel Ettedgi and Yiannis Liperis

Multiple bracelet winners Jeff Madsen and Chris Ferguson (booooooooooooo) are just two of the other players going first of all for a spot in the 196 who will get paid, and then onwards towards the FT.

Event 14 - $1500 2-7 Draw Lowball No Limit, 3 Day Event, single re-entry

The very first player out of the day was last year's winner of this very same event, Frank Kassela (at the hands of former ME winner Ryan Reiss), but as this is a single re-entry he ponied up another $1500 (sorry, should have saved that line for tomorrow's HORSE event) and played through the rest of the day to bag 30K in tournament chips.

We've had a number of mentions for players whose name would work equally well the other way around, well we've got another one on top of the Day 1 chip listings as James Alexander bagged just over 80K ahead of Ajay Chabra and Shaun Deeb.

Robert seems to be doing the best of the Mizrachi brothers so far, and he lies 13th (of 54 qualifiers with 39 to be paid) and also in are Maria Ho, the aforementioned Ryan Reiss, Andre Akkari, another player who has won the Main (Greg Raymer)

There's only one Brit among those who had chips at the end of the night, and it's former Sky TV expert Stuart Rutter who looks to be on target to make his second cash of the series. Hope that hasn't jinxed him.

To Start Today
Event 15 - $1500 HORSE, 3 Day Event
Event 16 - $10K Heads Up NLH Championship, 3 Day Event

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2018, 05:56:21 PM »

Thank you

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2018, 09:26:34 PM »

Cheers, keep checking in for these summaries.

Good to see Stu Rutter back hunting for those “soft” mixed game bracelets Smiley

SALT!

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2018, 06:22:51 PM »

Event 7 - $565 Colossus NLH, Day 3 of 4, 13079 entries

The Colossus is down to a FT and we have a huge variation in the number of chips held by the players.

Sang Liu is the chip leader with 114 BB, while the short stack, Steven Jones has just 8BB.

Liu has very little live history, only 5 recorded cashes for $7399, but he's now going to earn many times that and of course is still in contention for a cool million dollars for the top prize.

In contrast, the only Brit left, Scott Margereson has quite a record both live and online, and he lies in second place with 87BB

2010 ME runner-up John Racener is also among the final nine, and as the FT will be played out in the Brasilia room, it's apt that there is a Brazilian player (Roberly Felicio) there too.

Event 9 - $10K Omaha Hi-Low 8 or better Championship, Day 4 of 4, 169 entries

This one is in the books and the bracelet is on the wrist of Paul Volpe. He won his third bracelet (and $417K) by beating Eli Elezra heads up after running (by his own admission) really well.

Adam Coats finished third with the other bracelet holder on the FT, Viacheslav Zhukov bowed out in 5th.

Event 12 - $1500 Dealers Choice 6 Handed, Day 2 of 3, 406 entries

Jeremy Harkin has been coming to the WSOP since 2003 looking for a bracelet, and now his quest is over as he took first place in the $1500 Dealers Choice.

It was an all-American FT with Frankie O'Dell 2nd and George Trigeorgis 3rd.

Event 13 - $1500 NLH (Big Blind Ante), Day 2 of 3

Just 30 players remain, and it's a familiar name at the top. Dutch Boyd wins bracelets at 4-year intervals (06, 10 & 14) and he's got a great chance of continuing that here.

Stefan Vidojkovic is the only player anywhere near Boyd in chips, with Steven Snyder in third.

Top Brit is Yiannis Liperis inside the top 10, with two others in contention also, Joel Ettedgi and Damien Le Goff who was on the Twitch featured table for several hours last night.

Event 14 - $1500 2-7 Draw Lowball No Limit, Day 2 of 3, 260 entries

Very little chance of needing extra time for Event 14, as we're down to just 3 players already.

There's a story among one of them though as Shaun Deeb is not only in the final 3 here, he's also still alive in Event 13, shutting between the two events all day long.

Daniel Ospina will be the biggest obstacle to the first leg of Deeb's double as he more than half the chips in play, with not much between Deeb and Tim McDermott.

Event 15 - $1500 HORSE, Day 1 of 3, 731 entries

A prize pool of almost a million dollars with a first prize of $202K and 110 to be paid.

217 bagged chips at the end of Day 1, Damjan Radanov has the chip lead, ahead of Italian Walter Treccarichi & another American Manelic Minaya.

Top Brit is Suketu Patel (28th) accompanied on the listings by Jeffrey Duval & Gerard Ringe while lurking in midfield is Phil Hellmuth aiming to extend his WSOP records of cashes, FT and ultimately, perhaps, bracelets.

Event 16 - $10K Heads Up NLH Championship, Day 1 of 3, 114 entrants

The last 16 of the Heads-up is set, and the matchups are

Martijn Gerrits v Kane Kalas
Julien Martini v Jan-Eric Schwippert
Justin Bonomo v Niall Farrell
Mark McGovern v Scott Siever
Jason McConnon v Galen Hall
Gregory Goldberg v Kahle Burns
Daniel McAulay v Nicolai Morris
Juan Pardo Dominguez v Jason Mo

4 Brits - Farrell and the three Macs mean there's still a reasonable chance of a UK bracelet, and of course French player Julien Martini already has one bracelet to his name this month.

To Start Today
Event 17 - $1500 NLH 6-max, 3 Day Event
Event 18 - $10K Dealers Choice 6-Max Championship, 3 Day Event

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2018, 06:24:16 PM »

^^^^^

I saw the name of Gerard Ringe mentioned in there, and apologies for my bad memory, but I'm pretty sure he is a blonde.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2018, 06:44:17 PM »

^^^^^

I saw the name of Gerard Ringe mentioned in there, and apologies for my bad memory, but I'm pretty sure he is a blonde.

Wonder what he got called at school?

Best Bitter.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: