blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:02:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Cash game - number of blinds per hour
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cash game - number of blinds per hour  (Read 3389 times)
mikeymike

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2018, 04:24:23 PM »

I think Cambridge Alex answered this somewhere before - irrelevant of the stake you are playing how many BB should you be looking to take an hour.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 04:45:53 PM »

as many as possible?
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 04:03:03 AM »

This a question  or a statement Mikey?

Alex is a bright lad but we can't give him credit for being the first to realise you are trying to win more actual money in a £25/£50 game than  £1/£2 game

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 10:16:40 AM »

Back in the day when I used to read about this kind of stuff, I seem to recall that 10bb ph is a reasonable figure, more at very small stakes and less at higher ones.

If I'm wrong, (very likely) I'm sure someone will be along shortly to put both of us straight.

The older I get, the better I was.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 12:16:01 PM »

Back in the day when I used to read about this kind of stuff, I seem to recall that 10bb ph is a reasonable figure, more at very small stakes and less at higher ones.

If I'm wrong, (very likely) I'm sure someone will be along shortly to put both of us straight.

back in the day that was for sure correct. and still roughly is correct now depending on the format/stakes.

online high stakes if you win at 1bb/100 you are doing well. lower stakes you can still manage 5+

live will be different and higher but also completely farcical because your measure is over 100 hands which is what 5 hours + of play live   
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 01:21:28 PM »

back in the day that was for sure correct. and still roughly is correct now depending on the format/stakes.

online high stakes if you win at 1bb/100 you are doing well. lower stakes you can still manage 5+

live will be different and higher but also completely farcical because your measure is over 100 hands which is what 5 hours + of play live   

Don't mind Titty. He knows what he's talking about but he likes to revel in his superior knowledge.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 03:15:31 PM »

I think he's a knob

<3

Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 04:46:53 PM »

This depends on lots of stuff I'm afraid - for example, if its the sort of game where everyone sits for 100 bbs your hourly is going to be less than if people are sat for 200. Imagine other stuff like frequency of straddles are going to make a reasonable difference too.

If you can manage 10bb/1hr then you're doing pretty well though!

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 05:03:55 PM »

If I'm wrong, (very likely) I'm sure someone will be along shortly to put both of us straight. (RedDog)

Never a truer word said.

Though I should of said playing online - as you can't straddle and obviously there are more hands than playing live. Though I do like the answer - as many as you can - always one.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2018, 05:48:56 PM »

Don't mind Titty. He knows what he's talking about but he likes to revel in his superior knowledge.

tbf Tom I confirmed exactly what you said.

I also agree with Dave 
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2018, 06:34:15 PM »

tbf Tom I confirmed exactly what you said.

I also agree with Dave 

Exactly what I said? 

I also agree with Dave 

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: