blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:41:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 54 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread  (Read 93153 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: October 16, 2021, 09:01:52 AM »

best i have seen him play, GB #1 and top 20

Missed the first set, but the second looked good.  Maybe he'll beat Raducanu to top 10 after all.

first set was too easy hardly any unforced errors
i still think he could be top 10 next year going to be seeded for all the events now should get better runs and maybe some decent points in the 1000s i think today was his first ever QF om anything above a 500 a couple more of them and his ranking will climb

It massively opened up last night and there is nobody left who is playing much better than him. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 16, 2021, 10:11:11 AM »

best i have seen him play, GB #1 and top 20

Missed the first set, but the second looked good.  Maybe he'll beat Raducanu to top 10 after all.

first set was too easy hardly any unforced errors
i still think he could be top 10 next year going to be seeded for all the events now should get better runs and maybe some decent points in the 1000s i think today was his first ever QF om anything above a 500 a couple more of them and his ranking will climb

It massively opened up last night and there is nobody left who is playing much better than him. 

9.30 tonight

all 4 players left will be feeling good about chances of winning

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 18, 2021, 08:53:35 AM »

Oi Oi, crashed out last night whilst listening to it.  Got the max on with Sky at the semi final stage (£25 rather than £2.50 this time).  He has only got to overtake one of two to get to the finals now (Nadal isn't going), and he isn't that far behind either.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 18, 2021, 09:25:56 AM »

Norrie in the final of the 250 in San Diego tonight, a win will get him on the verge of top 20. Is he good enough to break into top 10 THIS year?

FMP

Surely a matter of time now, but is he told enough to stay there?

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 18, 2021, 10:26:18 AM »

Norrie in the final of the 250 in San Diego tonight, a win will get him on the verge of top 20. Is he good enough to break into top 10 THIS year?

FMP

150 points to get in the top 8 in the race, and then to the finals, still 500 for the top 10.  If he gets to the finals, there is a really good chance he gets in the top 10 with the points he picks up once there.   
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 10:31:55 AM by Doobs » Logged

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 18, 2021, 01:11:54 PM »

FMP

150 points to get in the top 8 in the race, and then to the finals, still 500 for the top 10.  If he gets to the finals, there is a really good chance he gets in the top 10 with the points he picks up once there.   

It just dawned on me that by the end of this year, everyone will be back on points scored over the last 12 months on the rankings (no best of 2019 or 2020), so if he has enough to get to the ATP finals (effectively top 9 without Nadal), he should also have enough to be top 10 at the end of the year.  So some people above must be losing some significant points by the end of this year (either from 2019 or 2020).   

Anyway, good news if I am right.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 18, 2021, 01:31:44 PM »

FMP

It just dawned on me that by the end of this year, everyone will be back on points scored over the last 12 months on the rankings (no best of 2019 or 2020), so if he has enough to get to the ATP finals (effectively top 9 without Nadal), he should also have enough to be top 10 at the end of the year.  So some people above must be losing some significant points by the end of this year (either from 2019 or 2020).   

noice

now if only i had bet on him making top 10 rather than Emma winning Indian Wells :-)

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 19, 2021, 10:49:51 AM »

FMP

noice

now if only i had bet on him making top 10 rather than Emma winning Indian Wells :-)

Pretty sure nobody was offering this, so would have needed a request a bet.   It should have been a big price this year, as am guessing the Indian Wells win alone would have been 33/1 or so.  Guess he'd be long odds on for next year right now given he is so close.  A couple of weeks ago, you'd price who gets to top 10 first as 1/3 Radacanu, 3/1 Norrie? (assuming 100% book).   Now you'd be offering big odds Radacanu?

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 19, 2021, 10:59:35 AM »

If you want a big price Norrie; he is 100/1 to win the Australian Open on Sky and PP.  Sure that is worth a punt e/w.  For comparison Raducanu is best priced 11/1, and Thiem, who must be an injury doubt, best priced 12/1.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 19, 2021, 12:03:37 PM »

has Norrie had vaccine if he has then that's a great price as the big 3 are all likely missing it, if Novak is "unlikely to defend" i assume that reading between lines he hasn't had it and is unlikely too

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/58964622

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 19, 2021, 01:16:24 PM »

has Norrie had vaccine if he has then that's a great price as the big 3 are all likely missing it, if Novak is "unlikely to defend" i assume that reading between lines he hasn't had it and is unlikely too

I had it in my head he was vaccinated, but not sure why I thought that.   Think him and Djokovic are in different places, Norrie would likely do most things for a slam, whereas Djokovic  has got plenty already.  Djokovic has come across as pretty anti vaxx over the last 18 months, so wouldn't surprise me at all if he didn't go.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 19, 2021, 01:47:25 PM »

I had it in my head he was vaccinated, but not sure why I thought that.   Think him and Djokovic are in different places, Norrie would likely do most things for a slam, whereas Djokovic  has got plenty already.  Djokovic has come across as pretty anti vaxx over the last 18 months, so wouldn't surprise me at all if he didn't go.

yeah i havent heard either way on Norrie, with top players like Novak out, Nadal and Roger doubtful that will remove some of the favourites from the betting whcih surely means when they kick off in Jan Norries odds will be much reduced even if he doesn't get another result this season

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 19, 2021, 09:24:08 PM »

great match today for Andy against a player 11 years his junior both players played well with more winners than unforced error

3 tie breaks to decide the match

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 25, 2021, 03:58:46 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/59037620

no quarantine for players with the job but 14 days in hotel for those without
cant see many wanting to make the trip to be stuck indoors away from training courts

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 25, 2021, 04:52:34 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/59037620

no quarantine for players with the job but 14 days in hotel for those without
cant see many wanting to make the trip to be stuck indoors away from training courts

I saw that overnight.   It is going to be pretty hard for Djokovic to hide his vaccination status if he is stuck in a hotel for 2 weeks.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 54 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: