blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:15:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread  (Read 91650 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: December 01, 2021, 12:22:20 PM »

Jo Konta has retired from tennis
https://www.bbc.com/sport/tennis/59466439

Just saw that, she has clearly been struggling since Covid started.  Wonder if she ever did get the jab and could have played the Australia Open?  Guess the timing suggests otherwise?

Don't want to end on a downer, because she very much made the most of her talents and probably went as far as she could, and coming back from that position whilst struggling with injury would be very difficult, and don't think she has much left to prove. Also shocking the crap she got for not being British when her parents brought her here when she was still a child. Good luck to her in retirement.

Bring on the Radacanu years, and hopefully Sonay Kartal and Matilda Mutavdzic will be up near the top soon enough.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 29, 2021, 04:45:57 PM »

Djork pulled out of ATP cup

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 04, 2022, 10:50:50 AM »

Breaking news

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/59865959

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 04, 2022, 12:02:05 PM »

So he must have claimed he had covid again recently?   Quite something to say he is unwilling to reveal his vaccination status then effectively does so.   Is anyone giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming he did intend to get the vaccine before his recent "illness"?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 04, 2022, 01:15:10 PM »

So he must have claimed he had covid again recently?   Quite something to say he is unwilling to reveal his vaccination status then effectively does so.   Is anyone giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming he did intend to get the vaccine before his recent "illness"?

Nope, if he was going to get the vaccine he would have already done so. Was pretty obvious he hadn't had the vaccine.
Probably not had covid either, seems convenient if he has suddenly caught it.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 05, 2022, 02:27:47 PM »

Nope, if he was going to get the vaccine he would have already done so. Was pretty obvious he hadn't had the vaccine.

You put your left leg in, your left leg out...

Turns out he has rocked up with the wrong visa.

https://www.tennis365.com/australian-open/novak-djokovic-australia-entry-delayed-visa-bungle/

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 05, 2022, 10:20:19 PM »

You put your left leg in, your left leg out...

Turns out he has rocked up with the wrong visa.

https://www.tennis365.com/australian-open/novak-djokovic-australia-entry-delayed-visa-bungle/

In a statement, the Australian Border Force said Djokovic "failed to provide appropriate evidence to meet the entry requirements to Australia, and his visa has been subsequently cancelled.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-59889522

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 06, 2022, 12:51:53 PM »

Norrie hasn't played well all week in the ATP cup, hoping he can pick himself up before the start of the Open or with or without Novak he ain't winning diddly squat.
Dan Evans has looked on fire all week though.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 06, 2022, 04:15:28 PM »

Norrie hasn't played well all week in the ATP cup, hoping he can pick himself up before the start of the Open or with or without Novak he ain't winning diddly squat.
Dan Evans has looked on fire all week though.

Agree, Norrie has looked a bit off the pace since he had a chance of the ATP finals.   That bet on him has looked worse by the week, sometimes it is good to be limited.  Right on Dan Evans, he looks to have been loving it too.

Today was a bit odd; as soon as Canada won the first set, Germany knew they couldn't qualify (as I understood it), so Zverev was finding it hard to get motivated.  They need to change that in future so both the last group games happen at the same time, though given Canada beat us it was probably the right result.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: January 07, 2022, 10:37:12 AM »

I can't believe the hoo haa surrounding Djokovik at the moment.

Fans protesting outside his hotel, his mam and dad complaining to the media, his wife starting a petition I can just about understand, but the president of Serbia getting involved and calling the Australians idiots is surely beyond the pale.

The older I get, the better I was.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 07, 2022, 11:21:51 AM »

Fans protesting outside his hotel, his mam and dad complaining to the media, his wife starting a petition I can just about understand, but the president of Serbia getting involved and calling the Australians idiots is surely beyond the pale.

I don't get much of this, they have said he is allowed to leave if he wants (presumably Australia!), and he is choosing to stay. The way the tournament organisers seem to have told him he can come does seem a bit of a shambles.  You'd think they'd make sure the advice they gave was correct given his position in the rankings.   But I am sure he is surrounded by well paid people who organise things for him, so my sympathy doesn't go too far.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 07, 2022, 05:13:20 PM »

Insular, racist bigots would have been accurate but probably beyond the pale - idiots seems quite fair but could be reasonably applied to most people/nations at one time or another.

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 07, 2022, 05:37:30 PM »

Fuck him, is about my stance on it.

4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 08, 2022, 08:16:05 AM »

I don’t understand why Djokovic isn’t already on a plane back to Belgrade. Unless he’s simply investing time building martyr status. Having recently contracted Covid is absolutely no grounds for vaccine exemption, so he will lose his case on Monday.

There’s no question, though, that the Australian authorities that told him he could enter Australia on that basis have seriously screwed up. How could they think that it would ever end well, with a population that has possibly suffered the most draconian of all lockdowns (bar China)?
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 08, 2022, 10:14:07 AM »

2.88 on Betfair!

Apparently there is still a strong believe he will be playing.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: