blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:25:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread  (Read 89868 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: June 13, 2022, 04:00:49 PM »

A couple of things.  Saw Dan Evans win yesterday which was good.  I was impressed with Haddad Maia in the women's.  She beat Riske more comprehensively than the scoreline suggests.  She seemed to be the victim of two bad calls that made the difference between 2-1 and 0-3 at the start of set 2, and seemed to lose it a bit after.  She got another couple of bad ones later, but they didn't matter so much.   Will see her draw for Wimbledon, but definitely on the watch list.  She also won the doubles after, but missed that as whingey kids weren't so keen on staying.

Just had Draper on in the background, and he tonked Taylor Fritz.  Must be a decent chance he is ahead of Raducanu/Murray/Evans in the rankings at the end of the year?

Also liked the look of Dart, seen a couple of her recent games and she is steadily getting better.  Don't think she gets past Radacanu, but seems above Watson right now.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 13, 2022, 05:36:06 PM »

A couple of things.  Saw Dan Evans win yesterday which was good.  I was impressed with Haddad Maia in the women's.  She beat Riske more comprehensively than the scoreline suggests.  She seemed to be the victim of two bad calls that made the difference between 2-1 and 0-3 at the start of set 2, and seemed to lose it a bit after.  She got another couple of bad ones later, but they didn't matter so much.   Will see her draw for Wimbledon, but definitely on the watch list.  She also won the doubles after, but missed that as whingey kids weren't so keen on staying.

Just had Draper on in the background, and he tonked Taylor Fritz.  Must be a decent chance he is ahead of Raducanu/Murray/Evans in the rankings at the end of the year?

Also liked the look of Dart, seen a couple of her recent games and she is steadily getting better.  Don't think she gets past Radacanu, but seems above Watson right now.

Emma loses around 150 points at wimbledon then defends 2000 at the US open drops her down to around 800 points, Dart is closing in on 650 points after today. Emma will still get into any event she wants and dart will have to Qualify but if Emma doesn't start winning back to back games soon then Dart will be competing with her for GB number 1 both around 80 in world. Draper was awesome today.

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 14, 2022, 04:36:43 PM »

Wimbledon wild cards announced today

https://www.wimbledon.com/pdf/Championships_2022_WildCards.pdf

5 brits in both mens  Broady, Clarke, Gray Jubb and Peniston , and ladies Boulter Burrage, Kartal, Miyazaki and Swan.

presuming Draper, Watson and Dart are all high enough to get in without the card.

Alongside Van Rijthoven and Wawrinka in the men's and Serena in the ladies

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 14, 2022, 04:40:26 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/61788365

Interesting Dart read.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 15, 2022, 10:32:47 AM »

Yeah, saw that.  Gives an interesting insight into the background.  She seems to have mellowed a bit too.   

I don't know Ryan Peniston's back story, so no real idea why he is developing so late (think he is 26?).  He is another who has had a good season, rising 200 points or so and won his first ATP level match vs the top seed.  He was all over him from the little bits I saw in amongst work and Ascot. 

Think we are in a really good place with British tennis.  Having a significant increase in local tournaments seems to be working better than where they were spending money before.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 15, 2022, 11:03:36 AM »

Yeah, saw that.  Gives an interesting insight into the background.  She seems to have mellowed a bit too.   

I don't know Ryan Peniston's back story, so no real idea why he is developing so late (think he is 26?).  He is another who has had a good season, rising 200 points or so and won his first ATP level match vs the top seed.  He was all over him from the little bits I saw in amongst work and Ascot. 

Think we are in a really good place with British tennis.  Having a significant increase in local tournaments seems to be working better than where they were spending money before.

Ryan Peniston background info here.  Seems he hasn't had an easy journey to where he is.

https://eu.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/college/memphis-tigers/2018/05/10/ryan-peniston-best-memphis-tennis-player-more-than-40-years-and-cancer-survior/593774002/

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 16, 2022, 07:02:19 PM »

Ryan Peniston background info here.  Seems he hasn't had an easy journey to where he is.

https://eu.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/college/memphis-tigers/2018/05/10/ryan-peniston-best-memphis-tennis-player-more-than-40-years-and-cancer-survior/593774002/

Talking to myself a bit, but Peniston just won again, so is through to the quarters.   

Haddad Maia is 200/1 with Unibet for Wimbledon.  Wasn't even in the prices on betfair. 

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 18, 2022, 10:04:03 AM »

Talking to myself a bit, but Peniston just won again, so is through to the quarters.   

Haddad Maia is 200/1 with Unibet for Wimbledon.  Wasn't even in the prices on betfair. 

She has appeared on Betfair now; 50 to 150.

True story.  Have had more bets on Haddad Maia this week than on Ascot.  Just been busy at work and haven't had the time for it.  My quietest Ascot in many years.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 19, 2022, 01:36:08 PM »

True story.  Have had more bets on Haddad Maia this week than on Ascot.  Just been busy at work and haven't had the time for it.  My quietest Ascot in many years.

And she wins again.  Laid Halep at 1.46.  It was a very good match, lots of swings and swongs?

Is anyone else following this? Haddad Maia thinks there is just one grass court in Brazil.  Before last week she was something like 2-5 in games on grass.  Now she has 3 finals (including doubles) and 2 wins already.   

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 19, 2022, 04:11:39 PM »

And she wins again.  Laid Halep at 1.46.  It was a very good match, lots of swings and swongs?

Is anyone else following this? Haddad Maia thinks there is just one grass court in Brazil.  Before last week she was something like 2-5 in games on grass.  Now she has 3 finals (including doubles) and 2 wins already.   

Tennis trends and stats betting in the mud.  Last week her first ever WTA title, today her second. 

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 19, 2022, 10:12:55 PM »

It isn't like the glory days of tips for tikay anymore where prices used to be gone in 10 minutes, but she is now best price 56/1 for Wimbledon.   That is 888 sport, so barely a price and someone is asking for 40/1 on Betfair.   Hope someone got the 200s.  Pokerstars just offered me 2p at 40/1 (seriously).   

Have done fine over the last week or so.  Thank goodness for match betting on Betfair.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 21, 2022, 01:05:26 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/jun/21/wimbledon-big-data-fan-experience-tennis

Shock horror it has taken Wimbledon decades to realise most of their elitist social climbing punters never watch tennis the rest of the year!
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 21, 2022, 07:03:19 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/jun/21/wimbledon-big-data-fan-experience-tennis

Shock horror it has taken Wimbledon decades to realise most of their elitist social climbing punters never watch tennis the rest of the year!

Suspect Royal Ascot will give them a stiff challenge.  To be fair, even Cheltenham is getting that way.

Think we'll probably just go to Nottingham again next year.  You can choose your day, choose your seats, don't have to queue from 5am and it isn't mad expensive.   And I have easily got my money back from backing Haddad Maia afterwards...

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 21, 2022, 08:37:52 PM »

Miaia v Burrage 3rd match on centre court tomorrow

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 21, 2022, 09:38:34 PM »

Miaia v Burrage 3rd match on centre court tomorrow

Much as Burrage has impressed with her improvement, she is likely to really strugle vs that power.   Good luck to her though.  Her and Boulter have well and truly shown it was the right decision to give her a wildcard over Heather Watson. 

Easy trivia?  Boulter, Burrage and Peniston have all done something in the last couple of weeks that Raducanu has never done in her career.   What is it? 

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: