blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:25:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread  (Read 89805 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: May 18, 2022, 11:41:16 PM »

BBC totally confusing me saying 6 brits in the main draw then only naming 5

The defeats mean there will be no more Britons joining the six already in the Roland Garros main draw.

World number 11 Cameron Norrie is the top-ranked Briton in the French Open main draw.

He is joined by Dan Evans in the men's draw, with Emma Raducanu, Heather Watson and Harriet Dart competing in the women's competition.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/61495385

Assume it is expanding on something written before qualifying and before Draper pulled out.  Whoever wrote it has remembered to remove Draper from the article, but not changed the number.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 20, 2022, 12:57:20 PM »

if draw goes to seeding Nadal meets Djork in QF and Alcarz in SF could effect the odds for all 3 players, Being in the bottom half of the draw would be nice if i was NEother player

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 20, 2022, 02:34:46 PM »

if draw goes to seeding Nadal meets Djork in QF and Alcarz in SF could effect the odds for all 3 players, Being in the bottom half of the draw would be nice if i was NEother player

Apologies have looked on the phone, so may be wrong.

... Norrie is due to meet Alcaraz again, this time in the last 16. 

Raducanu is due to meet Ons Jabeur at the same point.  Bit unlucky as she is probably 2nd on form to Swiatek recently.   That whole quarter is stuffed with decent players.  Osaka, Andreescu, Raducanu, Kerber, Kvitova, Jabeur, Anisimova, Sakkari and Fernandez.   Think if she wins 3 easier games and gives Jabeur a game that will be a good result for her.  Anything better is clearly very good, as all games are likely tough from then.  Though am sure she won't satisfy the critics. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 20, 2022, 03:31:56 PM »

Raducanu is due to meet Ons Jabeur at the same point.  Bit unlucky as she is probably 2nd on form to Swiatek recently.   That whole quarter is stuffed with decent players.  Osaka, Andreescu, Raducanu, Kerber, Kvitova, Jabeur, Anisimova, Sakkari and Fernandez.   Think if she wins 3 easier games and gives Jabeur a game that will be a good result for her.  Anything better is clearly very good, as all games are likely tough from then.  Though am sure she won't satisfy the critics. 

if heather can cause a couple of upsets then she can meet emma in 3rd round not expecting it but anything is possible in the early rounds

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 20, 2022, 10:22:22 PM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/61401519

wimbledon will lose its ranking points

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 21, 2022, 09:23:35 AM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/61401519

wimbledon will lose its ranking points

I think removing the players was harsh, but this is harsh too.  Feels wrong to not give someone the chance to defend their ranking points and some players are just better on grass.   

Brits shooting themselves in the foot as they will disproportionately be affected as Wimbledon is a good opportunity for points for them, and they are usually better on grass than clay.   But they still get a lot of cash for round one so won't suffer too much.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 22, 2022, 09:19:08 PM »

Raducanu is due to meet Ons Jabeur someone else at the same point.  Bit unlucky as she is probably 2nd on form to Swiatek recently.   That whole quarter is stuffed with decent players.  Osaka, Andreescu, Raducanu, Kerber, Kvitova, Jabeur, Anisimova, Sakkari and Fernandez.   Think if she wins 3 easier games and gives Jabeur someone else a game that will be a good result for her.  Anything better is clearly very good, as all games are likely tough from then.  Though am sure she won't satisfy the critics. 

FYP

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 22, 2022, 09:29:45 PM »

Raducanu is due to meet Ons Jabeur someone else at the same point.  Bit unlucky as she is probably 2nd on form to Swiatek recently.   That whole quarter is stuffed with decent players.  Osaka, Andreescu, Raducanu, Kerber, Kvitova, Jabeur, Anisimova, Sakkari and Fernandez.   Think if she wins 3 easier games and gives Jabeur someone else a game that will be a good result for her.  Anything better is clearly very good, as all games are likely tough from then.  Though am sure she won't satisfy the critics. 

FMP
FYP :-)

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 23, 2022, 07:35:20 PM »

emma moves into the top 10 at least until the next round

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 23, 2022, 07:49:23 PM »

emma moves into the top 10 at least until the next round

Ha, didn't realise that.  She had a tough game today, it even rained quite a bit in set 1.  Think Noskova goes pretty far, only 17 and has got game already.  Kerber struggling right now, which must be good for Raducanu to go further. 

Norrie and Evans both won easily earlier.

Was Betfair small screen really glitchy for anyone else today?  Kept having to restart the feed.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 25, 2022, 12:23:09 PM »

Was Betfair small screen really glitchy for anyone else today?  Kept having to restart the feed.

trying to watch Norrie on it just now its unwatchable

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 30, 2022, 08:39:10 AM »

BBC showing centre court of the challenger event in Surbiton today. Andy top seed and Broady v Clarke the highlights for brits

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 04, 2022, 09:03:59 PM »

Hey Ironside, do you know what is happening here?

https://www.lta.org.uk/fan-zone/viking-open-nottingham/news/dart-jones-and-boulter-receive-wildcards/

Boulter was in the first group of wild cards, but played qualifying today.  Kartal and Burrage are lower ranked, were later wild cards, yet are still in the main draw.

I assume Boulter must want playing time or something?  Can't see anything else making sense. 

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 04, 2022, 09:21:45 PM »

burrage was in the semi today so missed the chance of Qualifying Kartal would of gotten it on her form this year, Jones isnt in the draw (presume injury pullout) hadn't see the wild card list so no idea you sure it wasnt last years list? she is number 7 seed in the qualifying.

Nottingham (BBC has the men's and ladies Prime just the ladies) Stuttgart and the Netherlands on TV next week should be good

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 04, 2022, 11:13:02 PM »

burrage was in the semi today so missed the chance of Qualifying Kartal would of gotten it on her form this year, Jones isnt in the draw (presume injury pullout) hadn't see the wild card list so no idea you sure it wasnt last years list? she is number 7 seed in the qualifying.

Nottingham (BBC has the men's and ladies Prime just the ladies) Stuttgart and the Netherlands on TV next week should be good

Ha, that is a 2021 story, you are right.  Was sure I had seen her on the wildcard list, so must have just read that earlier. 

Burrage is lucky, she has been bang average for a while, and got through the last round on an injury to her oppoment. To be fair, she beat someone ranked higher earlier.   I used to like her, but don't think she deserves a wild card over Boulter, who is only where she is because of injury (Burrage also had an injury last year, but it wasn't as long lasting as Boulter's.  Kartal definitely deserves it, as she has done brilliantly this year.  Hopefully, they'll all make round 1, and Burrage can take advantage of this opportunity.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: