blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:48:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Elevenerife thread or not?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Elevenerife thread or not?  (Read 2271 times)
mikeymike

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2018, 10:53:41 PM »

I will kick it off with this one.

Flying back from Mexico the plane catches fire, we emergency land in Boston, USA at about 2.00am the airport is closed down apart from a few security and emergency crews.

Happy days for a few Mexicans who drifted off into the land of the free.

Anyway my mate says don’t worry I have sorted out a plane to take us to JFK but it won’t arrive until 6.00am, anyway plane arrives off to JFK, plane has a technical problem so we divert to La Guardia. The pilot has sent a message ahead so when we arrive there are cars waiting to take us to JFK.

Arrive at JFK – I said to my mate I need to take a shower and get something to eat before we fly back to blighty, off I disappear and come back 2 hours later, only for my mate to be acting very agitated, asked him what the problem was and he said you will see.

Anyway get on plane and people are looking at us very peculiarly, it turns out that they have been sat in the plane for 3 hours waiting for two passengers to embark.

Joan Collins was not happy we she found out that we were just regular Joes, but it does help when your mate is the mate of the CEO of the airline who happened to be flying back with us.

Don’t you just love Concorde or maybe it was just a dream.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 11:13:10 PM »

tikay, Ralph (aka Karabiner) Simon Trumper and I all went on Concorde together.

True story.

The older I get, the better I was.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 11:25:41 PM »

I've never even been on a concorde  Sad

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 11:42:47 PM »

i've been inside it in a museum.

Doesn't get close to Red-Dog's brag but puts me nicely ahead of Marky Smiley

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 12:47:21 AM »

Ha!

I've been reading since the blog days, you've always been streets ahead Cheesy

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 01:10:05 AM »

There is one  at Duxford, so I have been it a handful of times.  The interior has aged pretty badly.  Ryanair is probably nicer. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 01:12:10 AM »

Ha!

No way!

There is one  at Duxford, so I have been it a handful of times.  The interior has aged pretty badly.  Ryanair is probably nicer. 

Think I'd trust a Ryanair flight just as much!

How much was a Concorde ticket out of interest.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 01:14:52 AM »

Just googled it. Pricey!

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 01:28:56 AM »

Ha!

No way!

I've been around that long, I used to read Amatay's, and 88%'s, too!

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2018, 01:34:58 AM »

Just googled it. Pricey!

You could probably do first a couple of times for the same cost.  It would be a bit more chilled too.

Would jetlag be worse or better if you went on Concorde?  Or do you just show up in New York for a couple of hours, do your shit, and get a flight home and never really get involved with jetlag? 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2018, 10:51:54 AM »

There is one  at Duxford, so I have been it a handful of times.  The interior has aged pretty badly.  Ryanair is probably nicer

Of course.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2018, 12:45:21 PM »

December late eighties if I recall, on a nice and crisp evening my mobile went it was an associate who I had done a favour for the year before.

“What are you doing for New Year’s Eve” he asked “Me and the Mrs are just going to have a quite night in for a change” I reply. “No you are not I have arranged you a suite at the Dorchester for a couple of nights and there will be a little surprise for you on New Year’s Eve” “Thanks say I”.

Anyway we arrive at The Dorchester late afternoon – shown to the suite which is more like an apartment. We then go for dinner whilst having Coffee and Cognac the hotel manager comes to the table and ask if the food and service was okay – we reply it was as expected from such an establishment – he then informs us that we are on the guest list for the private party in the nightclub downstairs. Nice.

Off we go to the nightclub – we are taken to a private booth and a bottle of champs arrive – my Mrs goes off to do what women do – and I am joined at the table by chap I don’t know who introduces himself as Arne and asks if he and his wife can join us. No problem says I. We small talk and I say “I don’t know where my Mrs has got to” then in she walks with Diana Ross. Arne turns out to be Mr Ross – a shipping magnate – .

As I look round the club I notice that there are no more than fifty guests – the highlight of the night after midnight was a solo performance by Ms Ross then we spent the wee hours just chit chatting about nothing champagne and canapes flowing all night.

On checking out dreading to think what my bill was going to be for room service and the champs the night before, I was pleasantly informed that management had taken care of it and there was a car waiting to take us home.

Or maybe it was just Elevenerifeism

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2018, 01:10:30 PM »

December late eighties if I recall, on a nice and crisp evening my mobile went it was an associate who I had done a favour for the year before.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2018, 02:07:11 PM »

I had 3 of these two in the car and one I use to lug around - they weighed a ton and were very expensive thats why most people had them fitted into cars.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: