blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:17:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  £42k on Black!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: £42k on Black!  (Read 5434 times)
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« on: February 26, 2018, 04:42:59 PM »

Why would he do this?

https://www.pokernews.com/news/2018/02/jake-cody-roulette-30093.htm

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 05:21:49 PM »

Because he can,and because he runs good.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 05:33:14 PM »

I wouldn't lay Jake 4/6 in Rob's shoes!

I note he took 42k in a four way deal. Presumably he did that deal to reduce variance...

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 06:25:25 PM »

I was in the VIP room at DTD last night and saw what happened.  Jake and Dan Charlton and a few other manc online nerds were totally pissed and staggering around the place.  Jake told Skalie that he would fancy spinning it all on black but he knew Rob wasn't in the building so it wouldn't happen and could large it without being called out for real.   Skalie knew Rob had just arrived and asked Rob if the bet would stand if he wanted it.  Rob agreed then Jake looked a little sheepish about having to actually do it compared to a few minutes earlier.  Finally the bet was struck.  Think zero was a push so it was neutral ev for both plus they both get huge free publicity from the coup via social media.  Jake for stars and Rob for dtd/party.  Very sensible bit of business in a win/win long term ev spot for both of them.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 06:27:19 PM by arbboy » Logged
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 09:54:56 PM »

I was in the VIP room at DTD last night and saw what happened.  Jake and Dan Charlton and a few other manc online nerds were totally pissed and staggering around the place.  Jake told Skalie that he would fancy spinning it all on black but he knew Rob wasn't in the building so it wouldn't happen and could large it without being called out for real.   Skalie knew Rob had just arrived and asked Rob if the bet would stand if he wanted it.  Rob agreed then Jake looked a little sheepish about having to actually do it compared to a few minutes earlier.  Finally the bet was struck.  Think zero was a push so it was neutral ev for both plus they both get huge free publicity from the coup via social media.  Jake for stars and Rob for dtd/party.  Very sensible bit of business in a win/win long term ev spot for both of them.

Why do you sound so bitter if you got to be in the VIP room?

Christopher Brammer
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 11:47:36 PM »

Why do you sound so bitter if you got to be in the VIP room?

In what way do i sound bitter?  I said it was a great deal for both parties long term EV wise.  It was the ultimate win/win situation for a neutral ev bet.  If you are referring to the 'online nerds' bit then if you had to listen to some pissed up little manc boy who looked 16 tell me what he kept bragging about for half an hour whilst i was trying to have a drink with a guy i hadn't seen for a while you would understand.  No offense was intended to the real online grinders of the world.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 11:51:00 PM by arbboy » Logged
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 07:14:08 AM »

I note he took 42k in a four way deal. Presumably he did that deal to reduce variance...

yeah, haha

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 08:15:40 AM »

yeah, haha

Tal owns the thread.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2018, 09:33:19 AM »

Rob looked pig-sick as he was walking away. Wish they had captured his face as it landed. Brutal that he span it in himself.

As for Dan Charlton, he was a good laugh to sit next to when I was up there playing a UKIPT, and pretty down to earth.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2018, 08:28:05 AM »

Whilst I'm sure it wasn't the intention at the time, it certainly has got some far reaching publicity. Was discussed on Heart Sussex radio station this morning
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2018, 10:01:58 AM »

Whilst I'm sure it wasn't the intention at the time, it certainly has got some far reaching publicity. Was discussed on Heart Sussex radio station this morning

yes...been retweeted by "non poker" people I follow.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2018, 10:09:26 AM »

Anyone who knows Jake will know that he is somewhat prone to slightly wreckless drunken antics 

Highly doubt there was any business thinking behind it, although he'll be very pleased with how it's all panned out i'm sure!

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2018, 11:40:18 AM »

Following in the footsteps of Lee the Fish!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5439517/Poker-player-doubles-42-000-winnings-betting-black.html

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2018, 11:46:03 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5439517/Poker-player-doubles-42-000-winnings-betting-black.html

Some amazing comments

There are three colours on a roulette wheel so unless you are Diane Abbottacus the odds cannot be 50/50.

Nice to see Dappy doing so well now that his music career has finished ...

So what? If he'd put it on a number then I'd have been impressed!

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2018, 12:02:52 PM »

Some amazing comments

There are three colours on a roulette wheel so unless you are Diane Abbottacus the odds cannot be 50/50.

Nice to see Dappy doing so well now that his music career has finished ...

So what? If he'd put it on a number then I'd have been impressed!

Some of the comments are incredible.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: