blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:10:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272586 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Red Card for Carragher?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Red Card for Carragher?  (Read 10635 times)
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2018, 08:38:07 AM »

When he is sacked it's going to set an interesting precedent when we get another Rudi Voller. Team's new £100m striker spits at crowd or another player? Errr it is disgusting...but you know what...

Voller was the one spat at.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2018, 08:42:15 AM »

Bizarre and disgusting. Clearly, Sky can sack him if they so choose.

Thompson and Gallagher both kept their jobs after drink driving offences. The latter was 3 x the drink driving limit at 11 in the morning and on her way to pick-up her children and that is 100 x worse than spitting in my opinion.

Good chance Carragher stays IMO. Unlike Keys and Gray (who they wanted out) it strikes me they don't wan't to lose Carragher. Hence he has been free today for multiple apology interviews on the Beeb, ITV and Sky whilst they test public opinion. Support for him by some of his media chums as well.

Not sure why everyone is jumping up and down about 11am.  Just means she was driving after heavy night before. Surely that is better than people who drive to pub and drive same evening?
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2018, 08:49:38 AM »

When he is sacked it's going to set an interesting precedent when we get another Rudi Voller. Team's new £100m striker spits at crowd or another player? Errr it is disgusting...but you know what...

Voller was the one spat at.

Ha that's right. Funny how the mind works as looking back I pegged him as the guilty one. Perhaps because he's German...

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2018, 09:01:49 AM »

Thompson and Gallagher both kept their jobs after drink driving offences. The latter was 3 x the drink driving limit at 11 in the morning and on her way to pick-up her children and that is 100 x worse than spitting in my opinion.

Good chance Carragher stays IMO. Unlike Keys and Gray (who they wanted out) it strikes me they don't wan't to lose Carragher. Hence he has been free today for multiple apology interviews on the Beeb, ITV and Sky whilst they test public opinion. Support for him by some of his media chums as well.

Not sure why everyone is jumping up and down about 11am.  Just means she was driving after heavy night before. Surely that is better than people who drive to pub and drive same evening?

Surely she must have been drinking til the early hours given she was three times over the limit.  So this is more like having a skinful at lunch and driving home from work?  I am struggling to believe she was unaware she was unfit to drive whatever she did, and going to pick up the kids makes it worse.  I put this quite a way over spitting.

Not going to excuse Carragher, but watched the video a few times yesterday and am not at all convinced the passenger got a face full of spit.   If he gets sacked, I am losing no sleep, as it was pretty disgusting regardless.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2018, 09:03:13 AM »

El Hadj Djouf is the prime example - spat at the crowd, lied about racist abuse excuse, no discernable effect on his career.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2018, 09:44:48 AM »

Kirsty hasn't been the same on SSN since the incident imo, confidence seems shot.

1-3 Sack for Carragher, 9-4 stays.

These are my made-up prices, but sure Paddy Power will have a book.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2018, 09:57:04 AM »

How is having 4 pints at 8-11pm and driving straight home 3 times over the limit any better/different from having 14 pints the night before and still being 3 times over the limit the next morning at 11am?  There is no difference between the two.  You are still driving three times over the limit.  As Doobs said she would have to have been totally smashed the night before to still be three times over the limit 12 hours later and knew exactly she was in no fit state to drive, never mind collect her children. 
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2018, 10:40:29 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2018, 11:21:14 AM »

Surely she must have been drinking til the early hours given she was three times over the limit.  So this is more like having a skinful at lunch and driving home from work?  I am struggling to believe she was unaware she was unfit to drive whatever she did, and going to pick up the kids makes it worse.  I put this quite a way over spitting.

Not going to excuse Carragher, but watched the video a few times yesterday and am not at all convinced the passenger got a face full of spit.   If he gets sacked, I am losing no sleep, as it was pretty disgusting regardless.

I agree.  But I have more sympathy for someone being over the limit in the morning than someone driving home from the pub.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2018, 11:24:23 AM »

How is having 4 pints at 8-11pm and driving straight home 3 times over the limit any better/different from having 14 pints the night before and still being 3 times over the limit the next morning at 11am?  There is no difference between the two.  You are still driving three times over the limit.  As Doobs said she would have to have been totally smashed the night before to still be three times over the limit 12 hours later and knew exactly she was in no fit state to drive, never mind collect her children. 

Because it’s harder to judge.  If you go to the pub and drive you know for certain you are over limit.  In any case my poInt is why are people stressing 11am as if it is somehow worse than the pub drink driver.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2018, 10:29:58 PM »

Love TTG Cheesy

du pont

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2018, 08:38:35 AM »

I don't think Kirsty Gallagher was there times over from the night before (she very conveniently let photos of her drinking the night before be shown on twitter to make people think it was from then)! VERY unlikely she would still be that drunk at that time, she may still be over the limit but not THREE times over. I think she HAS a drink problem and had PROBABLY had a top-up in the morning before picking the kids up! She has been suspected of being pissed whilst presenting Sky sports before!
Its Carragher's only chance of saving his job as he could point at Gallagher and say you didn't sack her.
Don't personally think he can continue though, imagine any time he slags some player/manager off they just refer to the spitting incident. he won't have a leg to stand on.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 08:42:12 AM by du pont » Logged
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2018, 08:44:02 AM »

It is also playing into the media battles, the story was first in the sun who are basically banished from Liverpool, his front page defence was in the mirror who is owned by trinity who also own the Liverpool Echo.

The Sun / Sky are basically Murdoch so will ultimately depend on what that corporate entity wants.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2018, 10:30:47 AM »

Love TTG Cheesy

Great stuff this.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2018, 11:31:20 AM »

Former Liverpool and England defender Jamie Carragher has been suspended by Sky until the end of the football season after he spat at a car on Saturday.

Carragher apologised over the incident, which was filmed by a motorist.

The broadcaster says the 40-year-old, a Sky Sports pundit, will "get the help he needs to guarantee something like this never happens again".

His role with Sky will be discussed "before the start of the next season".
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: