blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:40:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Rentalcars.com
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rentalcars.com  (Read 3054 times)
bobAlike

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2018, 06:34:21 PM »

Word of warning for people who may get tempted to using this company for cheap car hire. I recently used these as the big name car rental companies at Tegel airport in Berlin were all out of cars. Rentalcars.com is just broker who deals with multiple hire car companies to try and get you a good deal. The sourced me one from a company called Interrent/Buchbinder. For 5 days i hired a Golf sized car for about £150, thankfully i paid £40 more to cover all deposits and excess in case of damage or break down. I returned the car on time and with no damage and low and behold 4 days later a charge for almost £500 appears on my card. I complain to Rentalcars about this and after 1 week they tell me that Interrent/Buchbinder charged for damage to the car. They also tell me not to worry about it as i will get refunded from the insurance company they use because I paid extra. Now ultimately i will not be out of pocket for this but it a is clearly a scam.

Should I let this drop or should I stick to my principals and play hell on social media about how not to use these companies?

Ah! The element of surprise
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 08:54:39 PM »

They pissed me off a couple of years ago with various add on charges when I picked the car up, hard to know whether it’s the fault of RC not being up front with everything to try and keep prices looking low on their website or the local supplier not disclosing everything to RC, annoying nonetheless.

Taught me a lesson anyway, always check the small detail and ask any questions that don’t appear fully answered by the T&C’s.....

Used them once since and they were fine but I scrutinised everything.

If I was in your spot as long as I got the money back I probably wouldn’t care tbh, I don’t have the time to be chasing the real injustice as poor as that may sound.
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 07:46:45 AM »

I always check the reviews of the car hire company before using them. If you have the time and energy, you can get some good deals out there but most of the "cheap" car hire companies are just pure scammy trash. Amazing that this still goes on in this day and age.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 11:37:48 AM »

Are you blaming the wrong company? Isn’t your issue with the rental company, rather than the broker? Rentalcars.com isn’t some two-bit outfit - it claims to be the biggest operator of its type in the world. You will find criticisms and claims that it is scamming if you search online, but I’d guess these posters are a small proportion of its customers. I’ve used It several times as it tends to be cheaper than dealing directly with the hire companies. Haven’t had any issues. On the other hand, I have been ripped off in the UK by Europcar iwhen booking direct.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 08:22:31 PM »

Are you blaming the wrong company? Isn’t your issue with the rental company, rather than the broker? Rentalcars.com isn’t some two-bit outfit - it claims to be the biggest operator of its type in the world. You will find criticisms and claims that it is scamming if you search online, but I’d guess these posters are a small proportion of its customers. I’ve used It several times as it tends to be cheaper than dealing directly with the hire companies. Haven’t had any issues. On the other hand, I have been ripped off in the UK by Europcar iwhen booking direct.

There is definitely a mismatch with what the broker told me and what the renter told me. First thing the broker told me that the renter would take £300 for a deposit on hold, the renter wanted £800. Secondly the broker covered my insurance extras the renter still tried to sell me theirs even when i explained i was already covered they stated they didn't know the broker did that.

If the broker brokered the deal with the renter surely the broker must be culpable? Same as vouching for someone on the poker scene. Oh hang on vouching doesn't tend to mean the same nowadays if i remember correctly lol

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 10:19:05 PM »

There is definitely a mismatch with what the broker told me and what the renter told me. First thing the broker told me that the renter would take £300 for a deposit on hold, the renter wanted £800. Secondly the broker covered my insurance extras the renter still tried to sell me theirs even when i explained i was already covered they stated they didn't know the broker did that.

If the broker brokered the deal with the renter surely the broker must be culpable? Same as vouching for someone on the poker scene. Oh hang on vouching doesn't tend to mean the same nowadays if i remember correctly lol

Thought about editing my post in case you latched onto that, but decided you would realise that my point is that the broker is acting on what the rental company told them.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2018, 04:03:25 PM »

Rental Cars have agreed that reimburse me through the insurance policy. I’m obviously happy about this but I hate the fact that’s the car hire company have pulled a fast one and got away with it.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2018, 08:50:09 PM »

if you know the insurance company involved i would drop them a line and let them know someone is trying to pull a fast one.
these insurance fraudsters are the ones causing our insurance policies going up so dramatically

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2018, 08:54:00 PM »

if you know the insurance company involved i would drop them a line and let them know someone is trying to pull a fast one.
these insurance fraudsters are the ones causing our insurance policies going up so dramatically

I wouldn’t, they might refuse to pay out.....
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2018, 08:58:53 PM »

wait till he has been reimbursed obviously let the insurance company use the courts

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2018, 09:06:48 PM »

wait till he has been reimbursed obviously let the insurance company use the courts

They might use the courts to get a reimbursement from bob, let sleeping dogs lie imo.....
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2018, 09:37:38 PM »

I use rentalcars.com a lot and think they are great, i have however used interrent as well and they are without doubt the most dishonest firm you could imagine, absolute scammers.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: