blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:48:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Civilization VI I am an addict
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Civilization VI I am an addict  (Read 20116 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2018, 03:26:47 AM »

sorted now i need to decide on what nation to play next

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2018, 04:45:05 PM »

Was always more of an Age of Empires man myself.. !

What a game. AoE IV is in development btw.

I have AoE 3 on my steam account but was trying to finish 2 first but got sidetracked

will put it on my todo list once i sort out Civ

I played quite a bit of AoE 3. I don't have it on steam but I think it's cross platform. If you fancy a game lmk.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2018, 05:45:44 PM »

I have AoE 3 on my steam account but was trying to finish 2 first but got sidetracked

I played quite a bit of AoE 3. I don't have it on steam but I think it's cross platform. If you fancy a game lmk.

will have a look at AoE as soon as i get this challenge sorted, If you have AoE for PC then you can add it too your steam for free, just type in the serial number. Works for all games got me alot of space on my desk throwing away the old discs also useful when discs scratch and get lost.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2018, 05:44:16 PM »

been struggling to get into games and been just randomly starting new games playing a few hours then starting another

got 49 achievements finished now and i am going to go down the list of achievements on the steam page and stick to it (i hope)

next one to aim for is win any game as Frederick Barbarosa should be easy and quick with his powerhouse industry and military

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2018, 04:24:42 PM »

in the last week i have really gone all out on the achievement list and am now upto 94 of the 191

Machka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2018, 11:59:08 PM »

I find that achievements really add to the enjoyment of games, they definitely give you something to aim for rather than aimlessly playing a game (I can hear tikay from here muttering something about playing any game is meaningless).

Never really got into gaming or achievement hunting on anything except the Xbox 360 / Xbox One consoles so only ever played Civilization Revolutions.

Did you ever look at achievment / game guide websites like this?  https://truesteamachievements.com/game/Sid-Meiers-Civilization-VI/achievements They're really useful for figuring out the tricker or more time consuming ones.  Although in the case of Civilization VI there aren't many guide on that site.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2018, 03:03:07 PM »

I find that achievements really add to the enjoyment of games, they definitely give you something to aim for rather than aimlessly playing a game (I can hear tikay from here muttering something about playing any game is meaningless).

Never really got into gaming or achievement hunting on anything except the Xbox 360 / Xbox One consoles so only ever played Civilization Revolutions.

Did you ever look at achievment / game guide websites like this?  https://truesteamachievements.com/game/Sid-Meiers-Civilization-VI/achievements They're really useful for figuring out the tricker or more time consuming ones.  Although in the case of Civilization VI there aren't many guide on that site.

looks like i could/should write some guides but most of it is just play the game

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2018, 03:01:22 AM »

OK i am setting myself a target to finish all the achievements of the 31st of july

109/191 done so far but i am sharing time with playing poker again

Sciss0rhands

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2018, 10:35:45 AM »

will have a look at AoE as soon as i get this challenge sorted, If you have AoE for PC then you can add it too your steam for free, just type in the serial number. Works for all games got me alot of space on my desk throwing away the old discs also useful when discs scratch and get lost.

I was addicted to AoE 2 back in the day before I got into poker. That game is very deep and well balanced. There’s still a strong online community over 20 years after its release. I still watch pro games on youtube every now and then but I cannot let myself play again for fear of it’ sucking up my life.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2018, 09:29:33 PM »

i have neglected my Civ Vi playing as my health and fitness has improved that i have been out every night for the past month mainly playing pokemon go so that when my nephews come up in august i aint so far behind

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2018, 06:34:55 PM »

while my health has been good i have have been out taking advantage and the great weather has been a boost too so civilization and poker are both on back burners

started off playing pokemon with my eldest nephew but he gave up while y younger nephews who live in a big city in englandshire went up to level 40

so over the past few weeks i started off trying to catch up with them and then found the game ingress 2 weeks ago much more adult game by the same people that make pokemon

so i have been combining them both as they both require me to get out and about its good rehab

will get back to global domination in civ vi and poker as soon as the weather turns

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2018, 09:01:20 AM »

while my health has been good i have have been out taking advantage and the great weather has been a boost too so civilization and poker are both on back burners

started off playing pokemon with my eldest nephew but he gave up while y younger nephews who live in a big city in englandshire went up to level 40

so over the past few weeks i started off trying to catch up with them and then found the game ingress 2 weeks ago much more adult game by the same people that make pokemon

so i have been combining them both as they both require me to get out and about its good rehab

will get back to global domination in civ vi and poker as soon as the weather turns

Great to hear this Iron, although playing computer is great entertainment there is nothing like gett8ng out and about when you can. Combining comput8ng activities and fresh air seems like the nut combination.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2019, 05:55:37 PM »

In April my Dad took unwell in May he was diagnosed with cancer and was taken from us in June. He was the chief cook in our household and therefore the kitchen was never adapted for my chair. My mother doesn't have the confidence to cook by herself so i have been doing most of the cooking using an Air-fryer and microwave aided when needed by my mother who uses the hob. We are waiting on getting the kitchen sorted so i can access hob cupboards and turn around. Tonight for the 2nd time in my life i cooked steak and chips was going to get mother to fry an onion but not really got the room for both of us in the kitchen at same time. Used 1 Air-Fryer for McCains over chips (experimenting with homemade) and another for the steak.
So my Steak was seasoned by Lea and Perrin Worcestershire sauce and accompanied by chips and a slice of wholemeal bread and butter.

I am kinda proud of this effort. Just 6' of sirloin cooked to medium rare a nice even cooking slightly pink the whole way through.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2019, 06:09:49 PM »

so its been 14 months since i last posted on this thread life has gone round in a circle since then, I really got into the game ingress going from newbie right through the levels and was on target to get to the highest level but the middle of November this year. I was out every evening and some weekends out for 14 hours a day.Great game where to do anything you have to be in a location. I was feeling better than i had in over a decade and things we looking up. Went to Perth on the first Saturday of April where members of both sides of the game met up for bonus points and a few pints. (3 hours on a train each way). And i was making plans for going to all the first Saturday events. My Dad's short and sudden illness took me and the family by surprise. Just 5 days after my Dad's Funeral my neighbour who was practically a member of the family and came out with us every week for dinner suddenly past away hitting my mum hard. We are now getting back to a routine my has finally got back to her line dancing and bowling. And i am back on the waiting list for 2 operations i was mistakenly taken off of recently. Ingress has been put on a back burner occasionally getting out to play but most of the time just just too tired of an evening and not wanting to go out driving. So the circle of life has taken me back to playing Civilization VI and Fm2019 where i have Robert the Bruce taking on all comers, and taking Lossiemouth from the Highland league to Champions League glory.   

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2019, 06:37:07 PM »

You are a bit of a GOAT Alistair, thanks for the update. 

WTF are "Ingress", "Civilisation VI" & FM2019"? The last one sounds like a radio station.

Sounds like a real tough year, but, as usual, & like our other forum ledge, Reece, you battle through. Top man you.

PS - the meal looks nice, but a little piece of advice - it's better to cook the steak.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: