blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:44:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272573 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Ruling!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ruling!  (Read 2997 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2018, 11:03:26 AM »

Cash Game on Flop.

A bets $25, B All-In $135,

C exposes hand to A and folds.

A calls and B objects that new information has been introduced.

Ruling?

Does anything change?

Should anyone get to re-act on their hand?

(this happened at the Aria)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 11:33:19 AM »

Give everyone their money back and C gets a two round/two hour* penalty.

Any other option just seems to invite angleshooting.

*Depending on how much of an idiot he is.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 12:21:58 PM »

I think it depends what he showed.  Flashing 27 off barely changes anything.   Even 77 doesn't change much.  AK or QQ would be huge.  If he flashed QQ and the fella calls with JJ, you have to void it?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 12:51:19 PM »

Can't void it unless player you believe A is complicit or that A was folding until he saw the exposed cards.

About doing what is fair.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 01:01:53 PM »

Can't void it unless player you believe A is complicit or that A was folding until he saw the exposed cards.

I don't know what is fair here, except to have C summarily shot.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 01:05:11 PM »

I think carry on, with the proviso C sits out the rest of the session and is on a last warning for a life ban. Unless he's genuinely clueless, that would be two rounds and point out how dumb he's been and why.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2018, 01:19:44 PM »

I think carry on, with the proviso C sits out the rest of the session and is on a last warning for a life ban. Unless he's genuinely clueless, that would be two rounds and point out how dumb he's been and why.

Well yes, if he is not very bright, I guess he just needs educating.

Usually, when they do this, they are saying "look what a great fold I am making" and showing A-Q or 8-8 or whatever.

It happens so often though, and it's time - for the good of poker - that the whip was cracked and an example made of these poor souls.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2018, 02:11:01 PM »

Well yes, if he is not very bright, I guess he just needs educating.

Usually, when they do this, they are saying "look what a great fold I am making" and showing A-Q or 8-8 or whatever.

It happens so often though, and it's time - for the good of poker - that the whip was cracked and an example made of these poor souls.

We played a charity £25 game at work the other day.  String bets galore, people announcing call and raising,  single bet raises.  All were told gently what the rules were and let off.  Game needs new blood.  Way more people need making examples for the good of poker than the clueless newbies. 

C should definitely get some punishment, but unless he is known as a regular angle shooter, or buddies with the fella making the call, just make it a round or so.

I do think the void or not status does depend on what is shown.   Higher pair or AK/AQ as to be a void.   No other way to make it fair for players A and B.

If C flashes72 off and B complains, give B a penalty too. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2018, 06:38:54 PM »

Cash Game on Flop.

A bets $25, B All-In $135,

C exposes hand to A and folds.

A calls and B objects that new information has been introduced.

Ruling?

Does anything change?

Should anyone get to re-act on their hand?

(this happened at the Aria)

What were the hands involved?

This might make a difference?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
pvas2

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2018, 10:31:17 PM »

C should get a final warning and if it happens again he gets a ban. Sucks for B but hand plays out.
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2018, 10:49:42 PM »

I've never seen anyone get a penalty in a cash game. Do you have to post blinds when you sit out, or does it just mean you just get sent to the bar for a while?
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2018, 02:59:32 AM »

Don't think it's fair to penalise player A, unless he is obviously complicit. It's not his fault that C decided to show him his cards, and I think if you kill his hand or void the entire pot then there's potential for a different sort of (admittedly complicated and situational) collusion, plus it's downright unfair especially if A has an obvious call as it is.

Penalties seem inefficient in a cash game, although this seems like a pretty good scenario to enforce one. Maybe just give him a round penalty and a firm talking to if he's relatively new, boot him from the game on the grounds of having had too much to drink and have a word with him next time he's there if he's drunk, or just bar him if he's a reg and there's malicious intent (like he's trying to encourage a call from A because he doesn't like B or something). Intrigued by what the actual ruling was here?

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: