blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:31:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272600 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Ryder Cup thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ryder Cup thread  (Read 18774 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2018, 09:03:01 PM »

WTF!

7am?

Tikay, what time do the foursomes start?

Smiley

7.10'am uk time. Saturday,

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2018, 09:29:39 PM »

WTF!

7am?

Smiley

Let's refer to it as the afternoon foursomes to prevent all them collar necked peeps silently judging you. The answer was 12:50, Marky should be out of bed by then.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2018, 09:42:49 PM »

WTF!

7am?

Smiley

Let's refer to it as the afternoon foursomes to prevent all them collar necked peeps silently judging you. The answer was 12:50, Marky should be out of bed by then.

I should just make those Grin

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2018, 09:49:21 PM »

WTF!

7am?

Smiley

thats fourballs not foursomes

foursomes they hit alternate shots the fourballs they all have a ball and best score per team counts for the match

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2018, 07:34:57 AM »

WTF!

7am?

Smiley

Ha, good read Sir.

Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2018, 07:36:48 AM »

And dear Sarah gets things off to a good start with her usual piercing, incisive questions, this one to Jim Furyk;

"So Jim, how exciting is this?"

God give us strength, 3 days of that.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2018, 07:53:55 AM »

Unlike Colin Montgomery, I've never been a winning ryder cup captain, but when it comes to team strategy, this seems sensible to me:

Fourballs

Different playing styles a plus. If plan A doesn't work, plan B might. Want the players to see alternative options on the course management day 1.

Foursomes

Closer to each other's style the better. Want the shot the player is left with to be as familiar as possible.

Singles

Lead off with form guy. Shoutiest bloke out early, so he can cheerlead/vice-vice-captain afterwards. Last two players should be clutch for the Miracle and Medinah repeat.

Do I get the gig?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2018, 07:59:24 AM »

Unlike Colin Montgomery, I've never been a winning ryder cup captain, but when it comes to team strategy, this seems sensible to me:

Fourballs

Different playing styles a plus. If plan A doesn't work, plan B might. Want the players to see alternative options on the course management day 1.

Foursomes

Closer to each other's style the better. Want the shot the player is left with to be as familiar as possible.

Singles

Lead off with form guy. Shoutiest bloke out early, so he can cheerlead/vice-vice-captain afterwards. Last two players should be clutch for the Miracle and Medinah repeat.

Do I get the gig?

Well I'm very impressed with "shoutiest bloke", so you move forwards to a second interview.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2018, 08:12:31 AM »

Don't think Reed and Tiger have said a word to each other yet

Neither the easiest partner, feels like they need a "Relate" councillor or two on the bags to keep the peace

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2018, 08:59:44 AM »

Don't think Reed and Tiger have said a word to each other yet

Neither the easiest partner, feels like they need a "Relate" councillor or two on the bags to keep the peace

Reed is definitely a bit quirky. When he gets the hots though he's some golfer.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2018, 09:32:37 AM »

SO good the ryder cup. I really wish they had at least SLIGHTLY different uniforms though it's tiling me a little they are basically the same. WTF Europe doing with red on the shirt?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2018, 09:36:55 AM »

SO good the ryder cup. I really wish they had at least SLIGHTLY different uniforms though it's tiling me a little they are basically the same. WTF Europe doing with red on the shirt?

Luckily, the Yanks have white trousers, otherwise it'd be a job to tell them apart.

Would have thought different colour tops would have been sensible though.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2018, 09:37:37 AM »

Rahm is loving it. Could have gone either way but he's a Poulter like rah-rah figure out there

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2018, 09:40:28 AM »

Rahm is loving it. Could have gone either way but he's a Poulter like rah-rah figure out there

Yup. He's Mr Hot & Cold, isn't he?

When he's hot he's hot.....

Not sure I'd want to trust my cash on him.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2018, 09:55:56 AM »

It's because it's chilly and they've got their jumpers on.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: