blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:49:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Ryder Cup thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ryder Cup thread  (Read 18784 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2018, 10:06:52 AM »

SO good the ryder cup. I really wish they had at least SLIGHTLY different uniforms though it's tiling me a little they are basically the same. WTF Europe doing with red on the shirt?

Luckily, the Yanks have white trousers, otherwise it'd be a job to tell them apart.

Would have thought different colour tops would have been sensible though.

Ah yes the trousers, even still, bit of blue on there would have been the way. Minor criticism of a worldie sporting event though!!

EUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPE

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2018, 01:03:43 PM »

Brave or stupid - or neither - to select Rory for this afternoon after the dreadful morning he had?

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2018, 03:33:52 PM »

Brave or stupid - or neither - to select Rory for this afternoon after the dreadful morning he had?

Click to see full-size image.

Garcia is justifying his selection this afternoon

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2018, 04:59:54 PM »

^^^^

Seems like they all did, amazing afternoon. Rory's 2nd shot on the 13th was pretty handy, too.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2018, 05:06:26 PM »

Just a bit of wind and some tough rough to make the best US players shoot around +12 between them this afternoon.
At this rate Phil will be blaming Tom Watson again come Sunday night.

Playing Mickelson in foursomes has to go down as one of the strangest choices in the modern Ryder Cup. Coudn't hit 30 odd yard wide fairways last week or many fairways for the last 6 weeks or so yet put him in playing the one ball format. Crazy
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 05:10:06 PM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2018, 06:49:45 PM »

Just a bit of wind and some tough rough to make the best US players shoot around +12 between them this afternoon.

Playing Mickelson in foursomes has to go down as one of the strangest choices in the modern Ryder Cup. Coudn't hit 30 odd yard wide fairways last week or many fairways for the last 6 weeks or so yet put him in playing the one ball format. Crazy

Very odd indeed as was his selection as a wildcard, which I can only assume JF was attempting to justify.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2018, 08:31:13 PM »

I’m not sure what Furyk was thinking. The Yanks always play all 12 on day one yet he front loaded with his best 8 in the foirballs. Meaning he was left with the 4 weakest players playing foursomes. I thought Bjorn should have chosen to open with foursomes but whether it was by luck or judgement opening with fourballs has worked out nicely due to Furyk’s errors.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2018, 09:00:03 AM »

Very odd indeed as was his selection as a wildcard, which I can only assume JF was attempting to justify.

A few weeks is a long time in golf.

As we are seeing with Serge, who was bang OUT of form when he got picked, having a RC pedigree is worth a boat load.

Still crazy foursomes pick though as Bobby said.

Ps, how long before we see tiger proper hobble, grab his back etc?!......

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2018, 09:02:55 AM »

A few weeks is a long time in golf.

As we are seeing with Serge, who was bang OUT of form when he got picked, having a RC pedigree is worth a boat load.

Same applies to Spieth, who has been off his game all year but looks the business here.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2018, 09:03:43 AM »

USA need to get their heads in order PDQ, or this is going to be over as a contest by this afternoon.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2018, 10:12:38 AM »

Easy to say after but Furyk seems to be missing the mark tactically, agree playing Phil in single ball format is mystifying, and alongside Bryson, I'd have thought the spot for Phil would have been alongside someone like Fowler in the better ball, everyone knows he's liability with a big club into tight fairways. Reed and Woods a very unusual paertnership too, can't see any logic to that, Spieth and Reed have been a great team in the past see no reason to split them up, put woods alongside someone like Thomas or Brooks who is an easier character.

Lot of luck in sports of course and if Phil has of had a good game we'd have been saying what a genius he is, conversely Bjorn's captain picks (Casey, Stenson, Poulter, Garcia) are not only getting the job done with tthe clubs but evidently are amazing for morale around the place, his parings seem to have worked out well as well, sticking with a few tried and tested partnerships as well as conceiving Fleetwood and Molinari which seems inspired now, the Rory/Oleson pairing appears to be the only spot where he might have missed the mark.

A lot of variance obviously just feels like Bjorn is reacting a lot better to what he's seeing on the course than Uncle Jim.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2018, 02:45:24 PM »

Probably the main issue in finding a partner for Reed outside Speith and why Tiger or Bubba kind of make sense is Reed is basically very unpopular with the younger generation of players for a variety of reasons. Bubba and Reed were both top class college players for Georgia  and are friends thru that link. Tiger being so much older and basically off the tour for such a long time hasn't been exposed to all the Reed stuff from his college days or his less tactful boasting on tour.

Good link here to the Reed background stuff.

http://tobaccoroadblues.com/2015/01/30/the-villain-patrick-reed/

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2018, 02:51:00 PM »

ah interesting, thanks!

SO what's the logic in your opinion for breaking Spieth and Reed up? We know they are a great team, I get the attraction of putting JS and JT together but you could put JT with pretty much anyone surely?

On another note, Woods looked great first 9 today but seemed to really really struggle towards the end of the game and looks drained now, seems another bad call to put him back out?  Not got much idea as to what partnerships he should use but I wouldn't have thought Woods again was a good decision.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2018, 03:31:34 PM »

its not a bomb it and putt layout thats for sure

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2018, 03:37:41 PM »

It does seem strange to split up the Reed and Speith pairing doesn't it. It could just be that Speith and Thomas are such good friends and play a lot of golf together that he thought that would help them. Reed and Tiger been awful haven't they, Tiger looks either Ill or hurting. Reed got some kind of two way miss going and just looks down in the dumps too.

Be interesting to see if he improves when he gets to the singles match given his previous. Tho when the comms are commenting that the top of his body is moving in a different direction to the bottom half during some of his swings then it seems hes got big technical problems.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: