blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:32:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Super League here we go again
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Super League here we go again  (Read 2015 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2018, 11:05:58 AM »

A term sheet from a meeting in Madrid has been released via Football Leaks.

The 16 founding members of the new 2021 European Super League will be:

Real Madrid
Barcelona
Man Utd
Bayern
Juve
Chelsea
Arsenal
PSG
Man City
LFC
Milan
Atlético Madrid
Dortmund
Marseille
Roma

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/football-documents-show-secret-plans-for-elite-league-of-top-clubs-a-1236447.html

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 12:40:14 PM »

The bottom 5 on that list are invites only. Der Spiegel claims Real Madrid has joined forces with AC Milan, Arsenal, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Juventus and Manchester United to form a group of seven sides who went behind the back of Uefa, European football's governing body, to discuss forming a European Super League.   Then City, Liverpool, Chelsea and PSG joined them for a total of 11 founder members.

The 11 founding members   would not be at risk of relegation and would be guaranteed membership for 20 years, thus protecting the financial interests and status of the core group.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46078651
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 12:45:58 PM »

"would not be at risk of relegation and would be guaranteed membership for 20 years"

is deeply unappealing? even to fans of those sides?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 01:24:05 PM »

"would not be at risk of relegation and would be guaranteed membership for 20 years"

Agreed, but then I feel pretty reactionary to most change to the structure of football. I'd be pretty much against any kind of European league even if it involved relegation/promotion.

I won't watch a minute of these games if it goes ahead. Arsenal not qualifying for the Champs league has felt like a bonus the last 2 years as I really only care about the domestic trophies. Whatever I have enjoyed about being 'in Europe' is only related to watching the games in the knockout stages - it all feels like panto to me during the group stages and I prefer theatre.

Just read a bit more and if any European league involved leaving the domestic league then I could guarantee I wouldn't watch a second and would have to retire myself as an Arsenal fan and pick another club, Swindon or Watford current favourites for my future support but I can be persuaded to others.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 01:28:29 PM by nirvana » Logged

sola virtus nobilitat
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 01:37:34 PM »

I reckon it's definitely going to happen eventually and ultimately there will be a World League.
Money talks and it's all just a matter of when.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 06:29:20 AM »

The bottom 5 on that list are invites only. Der Spiegel claims Real Madrid has joined forces with AC Milan, Arsenal, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Juventus and Manchester United to form a group of seven sides who went behind the back of Uefa, European football's governing body, to discuss forming a European Super League.   Then City, Liverpool, Chelsea and PSG joined them for a total of 11 founder members.

The 11 founding members   would not be at risk of relegation and would be guaranteed membership for 20 years, thus protecting the financial interests and status of the core group.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46078651

Lucky that the dross of AC Milan and Arsenal can’t be relegated or they would be gone instantly.  What a shame the likes of AC Milan can’t deal with their own incompetence by actually having a go at being competitive domestically rather than just making themselves a new competition.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 08:00:59 PM »

No more sweat to get to 40 points Wink

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2018, 11:43:20 PM »

Totally and completely unappealing.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2018, 09:28:56 AM »

Totally and completely unappealing.

+1

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: