blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:17:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Floor/Management Decision at Queensway Grosvenor
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Floor/Management Decision at Queensway Grosvenor  (Read 3078 times)
OutKicked
Probation

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2018, 12:31:26 AM »

A 4-5-6 Omaha game has been running for 4-5 hours. Queensway can accommodate three tables but are severely understaffed due to the Grosvenor cutbacks and only two tables can currently be ran this evening. While one Holdem table is full around 6 players has grown on the waiting list and the Omaha is now down to 4 handed.

Management just made a decision to turn the Omaha table into a Holdem. The floor manager claimed it to be non negotiable and that it was a business decision.

What are people’s thoughts? I’ve never heard of this happening and I think it shows complete disregard to the players in the game.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 01:07:32 AM »

Did anyone suggest making it a round of each?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 05:02:35 AM »

A 4-5-6 Omaha game has been running for 4-5 hours. Queensway can accommodate three tables but are severely understaffed due to the Grosvenor cutbacks and only two tables can currently be ran this evening. While one Holdem table is full around 6 players has grown on the waiting list and the Omaha is now down to 4 handed.

Management just made a decision to turn the Omaha table into a Holdem. The floor manager claimed it to be non negotiable and that it was a business decision.

What are people’s thoughts? I’ve never heard of this happening and I think it shows complete disregard to the players in the game.

Doesn’t sound great for you guys but they are a business and have to hit targets. Probably hurts their customer service in the long run but it’s either upset 4 or 6 people. Would have been an idea to comp the 4 of you a dinner and get you to self deal on the 3rd table but if they do it often then that’s probably not even on their radar. 

The great news is that you can vote with your feet in the future and go somewhere else if it’s upset you that much.

Would also say the manager is probably in a tough situation, I can imagine the holder players tutting and grunting at only 4 players wanting Omaha and 6 waiting for Holdem, just a numbers thing for him.

Get yourself on the app and then an Uber to The Vic
Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 11:04:38 AM »

Yeah, this sucks and it's completely understandable why you're pissed off. However I also see why the the floor did what they did. I'd lean towards your game allowing to continue but can see the arguments for the opposite. Everyone loses out due to shit upper management and under-staffing.
OutKicked
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 12:31:56 PM »

So to give some further context, the players weren’t warned, weren’t given prior notice or an apology to say last half an hour etc.
One player in the game was doing maybe 700 and the Omaha was deep stacked. They then break to a Holdem where players maybe sit down with 100bb average and capped at 400 max. These are the areas that management never seem to address.

The Omaha was definitely more for them rake wise as everypot was above the minimum for applicable rake so to argue a business decision from a financial standpoint didn’t make sense.

I think even just making this decision sets a really bad presedence going forward that they have the power to break an active game if they see fit.
I’m not sure what the Grosvenor policies are but this seemed really obscure to me.

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 09:11:20 PM »

you deserve all you get for going to a grosvenor
i stopped 3 years ago n dont regret it
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 01:11:57 PM »

Thought I say you at Goliath this year, I must of been mistaken.

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2018, 01:16:31 PM »

Thought I say you at Goliath this year, I must of been mistaken.

He meant 3 months i think Smiley

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: