blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:01:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  marky's post on the tv show thread
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: marky's post on the tv show thread  (Read 2654 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« on: December 24, 2018, 10:28:33 PM »

When I open that thread,  a strange file was downloaded to my phone.

The text he wrote states "quite odd"

it looks a bit suspect to me.  I wouldn't click on it until it is cleared up.

Merry christmas all.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 10:35:01 PM »

I had similar from a video he posted on another thread. They open fine on a PC but come through as a downloaded file on a phone.

Nothing dodgy from what I could see just a bit weird how they appear on a phone.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 10:36:54 PM »

That's almost as odd as the video Spacey uploaded to YouTube Cheesy

It's just the link to a video, no software attached, to my knowledge.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 10:38:46 PM »

Marky has broken Blonde for christmas.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2018, 10:41:22 PM »

Got a bottle of Bulleite, and a bottle of Ron Zacapa in the cupboard... Might try and break my liver, too!

Happy Xmas chaps Smiley

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2018, 08:50:11 AM »

Morning.

I've deleted Marky's post, just in case, & I've re-uploaded the Video (direct from You Tube) on the TV Show thread.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2018, 09:42:25 AM »

Tal posted this on the TV Thread;

"For the last few days, whenever I open a page in blonde that has a video linked, it starts downloading something. If there are four videos on the page, it downloads four items.

When I go into my downloads, it seems to have downloaded something from YouTube, but not the actual video.

It's done the same thing when I opened this page and then again when I went to type this message (and it will again when I post the message).

It's not just Marky. I mean, we can still blame him if you like? But something has changed alright."

I've no idea what's happening, but if any IT nerds have any suggestions, let us know please.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2018, 09:42:59 AM »

Tosser.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2018, 09:59:16 AM »

Tosser.

+1. He's nothing but trouble.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2018, 10:26:19 AM »

Once a prick.......

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2018, 11:38:58 AM »

Made no difference at all removing and re-posting the you tube video.

I've done a quick 5 minutes of googling and it looks like it's related to Adobe Flash player being disabled.

If you're on a PC you need to go in to advanced settings and tick the box to automatically open flash player or something along those lines. Flash player isn't supported on Android so if you're on Android I think you're just screwed.

Long and short it's nothing to do with Blonde it's the browser you're using. I have no problems at all on my laptop but on my phone it does the download thing. For a while I just couldn't see what was there but now it does the annoying download.

Update: Following a little bit more googling it may be a Blonde issue as the youtube video links are shown in .swf format. It appears that this is quite an outdated format so is possibly just not being supported by all platforms any more.

Merry Christmas everyone

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2018, 11:56:02 AM »

I've done a quick 5 minutes of googling and it looks like it's related to Adobe Flash player being disabled.

If you're on a PC you need to go in to advanced settings and tick the box to automatically open flash player or something along those lines. Flash player isn't supported on Android so if you're on Android I think you're just screwed.

Long and short it's nothing to do with Blonde it's the browser you're using. I have no problems at all on my laptop but on my phone it does the download thing. For a while I just couldn't see what was there but now it does the annoying download.

Update: Following a little bit more googling it may be a Blonde issue as the youtube video links are shown in .swf format. It appears that this is quite an outdated format so is possibly just not being supported by all platforms any more.

Merry Christmas everyone

Thanks Evil Bloke. I think.

If I knew what "Android" or "browser" meant I'd comment knowingly. But I don't. Pretty sure I have a browser though. When I was a lad, a "browser" was someone who spent hours down the local library. Do we even have public libraries now? Oh the pain of forgetting to return a Library book on time. The fine was 1d (one old penny) per book per week. Shocking.

Library Tickets, what a memory.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2018, 01:22:55 PM »

Merry Christmas everyone

Ah, that makes semse.   You couldn't view youtube links on my android phone before.   Now, you still can't, but you now get an swf file downloaded too.   Opening tikay's diary I got 5 of them.   So definitely not just a Marky issue, unless he has been spamming Tikay's diary with youtube links.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2018, 01:59:08 PM »

Merry Christmas everyone

Ah, that makes semse.   You couldn't view youtube links on my android phone before.   Now, you still can't, but you now get an swf file downloaded too.   Opening tikay's diary I got 5 of them.   So definitely not just a Marky issue, unless he has been spamming Tikay's diary with youtube links.

Serves you right for looking at my Diary Mr 100th BITB.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2018, 07:29:03 PM »

Happy Xmas, gents  Cool

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: